ADVERTISEMENT

Ricky III is transferring to Michigan

This actually may be a sign that playing time will have to be earned because of the new guys coming in!

• Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub
I appreciate the optimistic view but where is the easier place to earn playing time? UNLV or the defending national champions!? This is just a loss plain and simple.
You might be right but he ain’t guaranteed to play special teams at Michigan let alone getting any real playing time!

Did Michigan's new staff not get tape on the last 3 games of the season?...
Good for him, but I had no idea anyone in our secondary was good enough to get onto the defending champs

For as long as it is not Ricky White, who give a f*
I think it is kinda humorous. He is a decent CB, but overall it seems like the only way he will ever see the field at Michigan is during scrub up time, or if a lot of players get injured. Based on the players coming in on defense for UNLV, he wasn't even guaranteed a starting position at UNLV, and he is going to do what at Michigan? By the way, putting Ricky III in on your title is just click bait and down right mean!

By the way, putting Ricky III in on your title is just click bait and down right mean!
Very mean of me. I admit to this.

That being said, RWIII is the only R III that any of us believed would be worthy of going to Michigan. He’s the only player from last season I think deserves the likes of the BIG or SEC (I’m still not sold on Maiava being USC-level).

Very mean of me. I admit to this.

That being said, RWIII is the only R III that any of us believed would be worthy of going to Michigan. He’s the only player from last season I think deserves the likes of the BIG or SEC (I’m still not sold on Maiava being USC-level).
Jackson Woodard as a defensive back is also to the level that I can see teams having interest based on this last season in which he was a defensive leader.

Did Michigan's new staff not get tape on the last 3 games of the season?...
Good for him, but I had no idea anyone in our secondary was good enough to get onto the defending champs

Michigan didn't have a great recruiting class by their standards and lost some guys to portal and to the NFL/graduation.

They need some experienced guys. Ricky wasn't great but he's got some games under his belt Definitely not 'Michigan' level talent but I think they might be scrambling a bit.

Michigan didn't have a great recruiting class by their standards and lost some guys to portal and to the NFL/graduation.

They need some experienced guys. Ricky wasn't great but he's got some games under his belt Definitely not 'Michigan' level talent but I think they might be scrambling a bit.
This is just the state of Michigan returning the favor to UNLV. UNLV gets Ricky White III from Michigan State, and Michigan gets Ricky Johnston III with a future III trade going back to Michigan State!

Ricky didn't play great for us last year, but he has been one of our better backs in the past. DB's can sometimes shine or look bad based off of scheme. Some are better in more zone situations other better in man.

Not sure how different we played in the defensive backfield from previous years, especially hard when most of the games you watch are on TV.

So I think he is a pretty good player, but I am surprised he went to Michigan.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT