ADVERTISEMENT

Why not play a little zone.

I'll be sooooo glad when this crap season is over.

Nice play call Simon.

The good news Seagars won't be back. I would like to erase him from the Rebels record book.

I have felt all year with our length, and athleticism we could be very effective in a 2-3 match up zone. It also might help Morgan and Jones stay out of foul trouble. Not saying all game long, but drop into it a couple times a game.

I honestly can't understand what is so hard about playing zone. Many moons ago when I played (not college lol), we practiced daily and would seamlessly shift from zone to man each possession if need be on the coaches call. It's not hard. Lock down zone isn't hard. Boggles my brain. I don't understand. Shouldn't even need a timeout to shift to a zone. You know your spot in a zone. You know who to cover when shift to man. Not rocket science.

And our full press seems to help the other team get more baskets then we get turnovers. I like the full press. But if it isn't working and has no benefit, and costs us more points then earns us, stop doing it!

(sigh)........

We are a man 2 man team. Zone is beneath us. Forget the scouting reports that Reno and CSU used to keep their games with SDSU close by using zone with inferior athletes. They do not matter. If we lose, we will lose in man 2 man [sick]

Reactions: the Florian Trout
Tark used a zone. In certain situations you need to mix it up with a zone. Williams scored 12 straight points, you throw in zone he doesn't get 6 easy layups and we win.

You must be a UNLV coach
If we lose, we will lose in man 2 man [sick]

Maybe we win 4 or 5 more games if a zone is thrown in there.

Last edited:
Played tough in a tough environment while short handed. Was in the game all the way to the end. Sure there were mistakes but every team makes mistakes. I'm proud of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT