ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s the lesser of the two evils owning pro basketball team?

Who would you rather not give your hard earned cash to?

• Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Lebron James

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
One of these athletes is owning the future pro team, who will be a worse?

I’d be more supportive of a TMT team than I would a LBJ team.

That being said, I’d only follow from a distance since I wouldn’t care what the NBA team is doing on a daily basis.
When the NBA allowed extreme politics to be a part of their organization I was out for good. US ratings have been so bad since 2020. The only reason they are still viable is because of support from China.

When the NBA allowed extreme politics to be a part of their organization I was out for good. US ratings have been so bad since 2020. The only reason they are still viable is because of support from China.
I don’t watch car driving and I don’t watch much NBA it has nothing to do with politics and everything about the product.

I’m sitting in a bar tonight, the Warriors game will come on soon, I’ll watch it casually from my barstool and politics won’t cross my mind once.

I don’t watch car driving and I don’t watch much NBA it has nothing to do with politics and everything about the product.

I’m sitting in a bar tonight, the Warriors game will come on soon, I’ll watch it casually from my barstool and politics won’t cross my mind once.
Feel the same way. Casually, perhaps … don’t care one way or the other. Everything has been contaminated by politics, saps the fun out of everything it touches.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Feel the same way. Casually, perhaps … don’t care one way or the other. Everything has been contaminated by politics, saps the fun out of everything it touches.
Not the politics for me because I don’t care, I want to be entertained and NBA doesn’t really entertain me. Driving has never entertained me so I’ve never watched it. But I grew up with the 80s and 90s college and NBA today is nothing
Like it was then has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with the product. In the early 90s when not watching 4 year players at UNLV I was in my dorm room or apartment watching 4 year guys at St John’s or Syracuse or Georgetown. I knew the rosters of every team, I honestly could not right now name one UNLV player on next years roster. All of that translated to the NBA where you knew these guys from college. I bet if I pulled up a kick draft right now I wouldn’t now more than a few guys because they didn’t play in college or played one year.

Reactions: Doneoett
Not the politics for me because I don’t care, I want to be entertained and NBA doesn’t really entertain me. Driving has never entertained me so I’ve never watched it. But I grew up with the 80s and 90s college and NBA today is nothing
Like it was then has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with the product. In the early 90s when not watching 4 year players at UNLV I was in my dorm room or apartment watching 4 year guys at St John’s or Syracuse or Georgetown. I knew the rosters of every team, I honestly could not right now name one UNLV player on next years roster. All of that translated to the NBA where you knew these guys from college. I bet if I pulled up a kick draft right now I wouldn’t now more than a few guys because they didn’t play in college or played one year.
I think back, I believe I could name every starting lineup of every top 20 team back when I considered hoops to be at its pinnacle. Not at its pinnacle because I watched or the Rebels were amazing … but 80’s hoops, NBA, Celtics/Lakers, Sixers, Houston, etc. Players stayed in college, they grew with the team, they grew with you. It was just more personal, for lack of a better descriptor. Now it feels like … going to a doctor group and not always seeing your doctor, it’s like going from family owned to corporate ..: just less personality, flavor. And I agree, politics didn’t have anything to do with it; but when I see politics jammed down the throat, if I was watching I change the channel.

Every sport has suffered from that same thing though. Free agency is a part of it; neverending greed of owners/players/schools … just a disloyalty to anything but the almighty dollar.

I really wish I were a teen watching 50’s baseball when they were regular dudes who made good money, but it was about 4X the average American salary … nowadays I think the average MLB salary is about 70x greater than the average American salary.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT