ADVERTISEMENT

Tone Setting?

the Florian Trout

UNLV Hall of Fame
Jan 27, 2004
Carlsbad, CA
i got in late and wasn't able to start watching until S Johnson had a break away and Cornish tagged him. i absolutely loved that he didn't let him have that and he proceeded to verbally retaliate.

was that the tone setter for the night or were some of the dunks i saw being replayed (by Wood i think) the ones that told them we weren't here to be screwed with?

regardless, i love Cornish. he's a 34 year old 18 year old man! loved how Rice had him step up to the line for the FT's and he drained him. i thought for sure Doolin would have shot those, but he picked the freshman to shoot those. i know it wasn't crunch time, but those were needed and shooting those FT's on such a big stage with so many people would have been pretty nerving.

that was very enjoyable to watch.

Definitely a tone setter.. Johnson was a clown all night even before the game started. The Rebellion was yelling t him during warmups and he turned and yelled back "Shut the F*** Up"... I think none of our guys backing down from a scrap was pretty neat to see.. Just stood up to a team that made its living on intimidation.

To me it wasn't until the second half that we brought the game to them. The first half I got the feeling we were holding on were in the second we controlled the game for awhile.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

That was a nice play, but I thought McCaw set the tone in the first when we got down by 8 at 20-12. They were about to get away from us, when he nailed a 3 on a set play, followed by a 2 on a jump shot he created himself. It meant we weren't going to melt. He added another 3 shortly thereafter.

>>>Johnson was a clown all night even before the game started. The Rebellion was yelling t him during warmups and he turned and yelled back "Shut the F*** Up"...

I lost my voice from screaming at Stanley. In the 2nd half he would run his sets right by us and we were on his arse. ""Stanley!","Stanley likes turtles!","Stanley".Best time I had At T&M in a long time.

This post was edited on 12/24 3:45 PM by tarkaniancourt...nm

Interesting thread. Could see the guys with a chip playing. Lots of head bobbing like "Yea boy take that" attitude after a good play. Miss a lot of these insights from my coach.

Okonoboh was all over anyone pretty much all game. Cornish entered and it just increased. I like the swagger, and the young guys playing with a chip on their shoulders. It fired them all up, instead of having to hear about the 'walking' rebels' they got engaged to the game.

you guys are definitely right, there were a lot of different players that let them know it was going to be a fight.

hell of a game. can't wait until there is somewhere i can watch it again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT