ADVERTISEMENT

Time to start the coaching search

If this is the case and it is, we should never hire another assistant for HC again!
Many around here love to talk about the “slow build” and I have never agreed with that reasoning, it always seemed like excuses were being made for a bad hire. We have seen what a former HC can do with a perennial loser on the football side, bring in a former HC for hoops, quit playing around!
Slow build is a loser, excuse making mentality, imo.

I think we probably could've bought the slow build sell if Kruger had actually tried to go that route. Recruit, build, retain, and fill with select transfers...
Instead he tried to capture lightening with Bryce/EJ and failed and his coaching got exposed. Now that he doesn't have a single go-to scorer, there's no answer to carry them, and since the entire roster turns over every season there's no leadership to pull team together on court. With all the transfers and seniors, they're here at this point for themselves and it's only going to devolve further as losses stack up. If I'm Boone and I'm an NBA talent, I'm going to demand the ball and shoot whenever I have it regardless of situation. Same goes for Hill when he comes back.

Reactions: mwsn7022012
When we hire the next coach, Harper needs to make sure NIL $$ is available. That will be almost as important as who the coach is. Between the Portal and NIL recruiting has changed more in the past 4 years than in all of College basketball's existence.
NIL money and booster desire has been there. They were hamstrung initially due to the "optics" (which was BS to me then).

Reactions: LVRebel2000
When we hire the next coach, Harper needs to make sure NIL $$ is available. That will be almost as important as who the coach is. Between the Portal and NIL recruiting has changed more in the past 4 years than in all of College basketball's existence.
After seeing what the coaches at CSU and San Jose St have done with far less than what we have I would say the coaching hire is going to make 90% of the difference between us being respectable or not. The NIL money will help push us up a tier or two but I want the correct hire much more than NIL money.

Reactions: unlove
After seeing what the coaches at CSU and San Jose St have done with far less than what we have I would say the coaching hire is going to make 90% of the difference between us being respectable or not. The NIL money will help push us up a tier or two but I want the correct hire much more than NIL money.
A correct hire attracts NIL money.

Lucky for him this is his first year and he will have many options to choose from after this season. Dedan is going to continue to get all of the minutes and experience he can handle. Next year he will be able to either come back under a new coaching regime or move on to a reputable P4 program. He’s really good and being at UNLV isn’t going to hinder his ability to show that to potential suitors.

Lucky for him this is his first year and he will have many options to choose from after this season. Dedan is going to continue to get all of the minutes and experience he can handle. Next year he will be able to either come back under a new coaching regime or move on to a reputable P4 program. He’s really good and being at UNLV isn’t going to hinder his ability to show that to potential suitors.
If I were DEDAN, I’d stay..you got the whole team to yourself.

Uncle Eric already took care of him.

Yes. She is very mean to you. If, you disagree with her.
To be fair, there are a lot of people who don’t allow disagreement and they throw their hands up in the air and try to turn it around and play the victim instead. It’s a deep flaw. And even when they are wrong, and they know deep down they are flat out 100% wrong - but they double and triple down and get angrier and angrier and angrier. They’re not angry with you, they are pissed because they are wrong but they can’t let go and admit it. Terrible cycle.

Reactions: Rebel_Luv
To be fair, there are a lot of people who don’t allow disagreement and they throw their hands up in the air and try to turn it around and play the victim instead. It’s a deep flaw. And even when they are wrong, and they know deep down they are flat out 100% wrong - but they double and triple down and get angrier and angrier and angrier. They’re not angry with you, they are pissed because they are wrong but they can’t let go and admit it. Terrible cycle.
That is a terrible flaw in her then. I don't think, she can correct it.

You gotta be wondering what’s going through his head right now.
Dedan has to be part of the thought process for Harper, perhaps even conferring with his father. Slippery slope there but if Harp can keep DTJ and makes a solid hire that can bring some studs with him and nail a few portal transfers the program could be in a much better position going into next season. Of course all that depends on whether UNLV has the $$ to buy out the contract. I’m sure Odom doesn’t want to see the football money dry up bc of MBB.

Dedan has to be part of the thought process for Harper, perhaps even conferring with his father. Slippery slope there but if Harp can keep DTJ and makes a solid hire that can bring some studs with him and nail a few portal transfers the program could be in a much better position going into next season. Of course all that depends on whether UNLV has the $$ to buy out the contract. I’m sure Odom doesn’t want to see the football money dry up bc of MBB.
Keeping him will see money dry up from lack of ticket sales. Nobody wants to see this shyt.

Keeping him will see money dry up from lack of ticket sales. Nobody wants to see this shyt.
Nobody wants to keep a 5 star legacy point guard currently playing at a level of most sophomores and juniors (when he should be in his senior year of high school)? I must have misunderstood your post??

Nobody wants to keep a 5 star legacy point guard currently playing at a level of most sophomores and juniors (when he should be in his senior year of high school)? I must have misunderstood your post??
CKK. I should have said that.

Reactions: unlove
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT