ADVERTISEMENT

Portal Offers

What's the best way to see portal information? I'm looking at 247, but it's not showing that Maiava is in the portal - only a S and WR. Is there a way to see who we offered in the portal also??

Last edited:
Reactions: LVRebel2000
What's the best way to see portal information? I'm looking at 247, but it's not showing that Maiava is in the portal - only a S and WR. Is there a way to see who we offered in the portal also??
Because Maiava isn't in the portal. The Maiava in the portal was some backup out of BYU

Come ooooonnnnnnn! This is crazy these days with the portal. Seems like $$ offer might be to much to pass up. Unless we can match? if we even try if our other PLAN is better??

Am I missing something. Was there some official announcement?
I don’t think there’s been an official announcement because I think tires are currently being kicked but I’ve heard there will be a Maiava on BYU’s campus this weekend, and it’s not Sol Jay.

Ultimately I HIGHLY doubt Maiava goes to BYU, but he has 26 more days to enter

I don’t think there’s been an official announcement because I think tires are currently being kicked but I’ve heard there will be a Maiava on BYU’s campus this weekend, and it’s not Sol Jay.
They have active boosters.

Maiava visiting BYU this weekend would be crazy lmao. During bowl prep?! He might as well just officially enter and call it a career.

This is the first I'm hearing about a specific school, but the tires are being kicked.

Going to BYU would be the worse mistake he could make... they eat QBs alive and even if he does well, they'll recruit over him with the next shiny object because they can't resist trying to pretend it's 1980s and Edwards is running things

Maiava visiting BYU this weekend would be crazy lmao. During bowl prep?! He might as well just officially enter and call it a career.

This is the first I'm hearing about a specific school, but the tires are being kicked.
Provo’s airport has been revamped and is a couple blocks from BYU. You could hop on an Allegiant flight and be in Provo and on campus in 90 mins.

Going to BYU would be the worse mistake he could make... they eat QBs alive and even if he does well, they'll recruit over him with the next shiny object because they can't resist trying to pretend it's 1980s and Edwards is running things
They’ve actually been really bad at recruiting QBs, and they have nothing returning. He’s all but guaranteed a starting spot in the Big12 with a much more manageable schedule next season for BYU.

WSU is another one I’m hearing. Another Cougar.

I can't imagine Odom being like "sure thing, you can miss practice and finals study to go on a flight to Provo...

Just asked around. BYU and ASU are the ones I'm hearing. Nothing said about visits or anything like that on my end though.
Maybe someone got in their ears and told them how bad those optics are, but there is definite BYU interest

I fullly expect the Michigan State transfer to land at BYU. Sam Leavitt kid. Utah is after him too. Using Sam’s brother’s hatred for BYU against him may payoff; but I still think he’s BYU’s to lose

Also, Utah’s treatment of their QB room is becoming infamous.

Last edited:
I thought someone posted a X/tweet of his saying he was entering the portal... or did I just make that up in my head... getting confused?? So there is no better way for an average Joe to look at who is really out there and who we have offered?
Don't take that wrong - I'm sure it's known that he will eventually be in the portal or is looking I guess, but it was talked up so much that I was expecting to see it on the site. I guess they don't have to officially be in the portal to talk to other coaches?? - thought there would be some guidelines for that, but who am I kidding! 🤣

Long story short- there's an entire thread just a few clicks down discussing what happened.. That doesnt mean that he isnt still thinking, exploring, or discussing options and appears that at least someone is talking to him and making offers per those above...

The transfer portal is like every player being a free agent in every pro sport every year. Ridiculous. Wonder if it will evolve into something similar to pro contract negotiations…
School: Hey kid come play here.
Recruit: Sure how much?
School: $1M
Recruit: Make it $2M and I’m in.
School: How about $1.5M?
Recruit: $1.8M over two years?
School: Deal.

The transfer portal is like every player being a free agent in every pro sport every year. Ridiculous. Wonder if it will evolve into something similar to pro contract negotiations…
School: Hey kid come play here.
Recruit: Sure how much?
School: $1M
Recruit: Make it $2M and I’m in.
School: How about $1.5M?
Recruit: $1.8M over two years?
School: Deal.
Isn't that the way it is now?

IDK is it? I’m not aware of any contractual limitations preventing athletes from leaving after a year even if they’ve received NIL.
A contract is a contract. If they or their reps negotiates a contract to stay two years or return 1/2 the $$ then that's the way in will go at risk of losing a lawsuit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT