ADVERTISEMENT

Portal Offers

DL Taurean Carter - 65 total tackles, 2.5 sacks, 6.5 tackles for loss, & 2 passes defended in 3 seasons

WR Kelly Akharaiyi - 48 receptions for 1033 yards and 7 touchdowns
A DL from the SEC would be a great get for us. And a really good #2 WR (assuming RW stays) would be awesome. What do you put our odds at for landing these guys?

DL Taurean Carter - 65 total tackles, 2.5 sacks, 6.5 tackles for loss, & 2 passes defended in 3 seasons

WR Kelly Akharaiyi - 48 receptions for 1033 yards and 7 touchdowns
Interesting how low a level recruit (70 -247 portal) Akharaiyi was coming out of Juco compared to how high a level transfer recruit (87 - 247 portal) he has become. This is a player that has become drastically better over the last season!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
All three would be very solid additions.

Since scholarships are year-to-year and player loyalty is only during the regular season, I'd take this grad transfer QB and his buddy WR over staying "loyal" to who we have. Of course, tell Maiava about the commitment before it becomes public so that he announces his transfer. Then, we look like we are merely reacting to him leaving us.

But if we can get this QB AND keep our QB1, even better.

Since scholarships are year-to-year and player loyalty is only during the regular season, I'd take this grad transfer QB and his buddy WR over staying "loyal" to who we have. Of course, tell Maiava about the commitment before it becomes public so that he announces his transfer. Then, we look like we are merely reacting to him leaving us.

😂😂😂

The one change I would like to see is if a players scholarship is pulled, they should be able to transfer anywhere they want without any restrictions, and with the transfer not counted against the ability to transfer in the future.

How much would you pay for Rocket Sanders to come to UNLV? I'm bringing everything for him.

Just confirmed that someone from Arkansas will enter the portal shortly and commit to come to Vegas shortly after.

If it is who I am hoping for...

Adds a big body up the middle.

Could supply some interior pressure . Wouldn't be a big individual sack guy, but could help collapse the pocket. At minimum might command some double teams freeing up guys to get after the QB or keep OL guys from getting to the second level letting in the run game.

Reactions: CRhodes1983
This brings up a good point.

Does UNLV want to break the NIL bank to bring in a high quality portal QB ( demands the most money by far), or instead go after key pieces on the defense, offensive line, another WR, etc?

It's like the NFL, you have a quality QB on a rookie contract, so you spend your cap on quality pieces around him.

This is UNLV, we can't go out and buy everything.

We need QB help, that is for sure, but a QB that will likely push JM as a starter will cost a pretty penny.

This brings up a good point.

Does UNLV want to break the NIL bank to bring in a high quality portal QB ( demands the most money by far), or instead go after key pieces on the defense, offensive line, another WR, etc?

It's like the NFL, you have a quality QB on a rookie contract, so you spend your cap on quality pieces around him.

This is UNLV, we can't go out and buy everything.

We need QB help, that is for sure, but a QB that will likely push JM as a starter will cost a pretty penny.
Tough spot with portal QB. Nobody any good is gonna portal transfer to be a backup like they likely were at their current program. They would have to be viewed as good as or better than Maiava in that scenario. Maybe a high rated JUCO would work or perhaps Edmundson can fill that spot. Assuming Maiava stays.

I was just told that the staff doesn't really want a lot of portal guys, except for on defense.

Of course this can mean a lot of things.
Really, that's where we needed the most help this year. We scored enough to win in a lot of games, but we just couldn't seem to stop offenses on a consistent basis. Especially towards the end of the season as we faced better teams.

PM me. I tried to PM you, but I swear I dont have the option. I've looked everywhere.

It doesn’t give me that option either. I looked everywhere possible
I think the best bet is to use Twitter DM's or maybe Discord? I run tons of discords, maybe it's time to create a space you guys can discuss insider matters so you can colab on social posts and boards? We talked about this on Twitter @lobbybuu and that big discord I mentioned is just about complete. I am just finishing up the Python on the last moderation bot.
Obviously I'd "black-out" myself from said channels and just maintain the server itself for you.

Also, be sure you guys are using 2FA etc on all your social accounts and email, last thing you guys need is getting exploited and someone in Russia sending spam from you accts tanking your followership.

Really, that's where we needed the most help this year. We scored enough to win in a lot of games, but we just couldn't seem to stop offenses on a consistent basis. Especially towards the end of the season as we faced better teams.
All I took that to mean is that we are being picky lol but who really knows

If you go to the square box at the top next to your username it lets you start a private conversation.
Probably easier to hover over the hyperlink of the user that you want the DM, then click on start a conversation there. But yes to can start it from the message bubble at the top.

i always wondered what is going thru some of these lesser schools(lower P5) boosters heads. I mean they spend a grip of money to sign a player and have no chance of winning at a high level. Lesser conference like ours i understand. A few good players goes a long way. but a few decent players does nothing. So u would think these boosters would get tired off shelling out money with little or no return.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT