ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Is CKK our HC next year?

2024/25

• Yes

Votes: 37 66.1%
  • No

Votes: 19 33.9%

• Total voters
"Well it is a little tougher when a regular season champion from a one bid conference gets an autobid into the NIT, so that eats up spots."

The NIT was upset last year with the two finalists. They were considered No Names and didn't draw ratings. There was a fear there would be no TV coverage going forward and the NIT would be disbanded. This year in a response, the rules have changed. No auto-bid for conference winners. Replaced by 12 guaranteed bids to large conference teams that didn't make the NCAA. Those teams will all host games in the first round. The NIT is hoping this will get a final with two teams that have some National recognition and better ratings.
I get the business of it, but that is a mockery of true competition and merit.
I get excluding the lower level teams.

Does the selection commitee still pick them? How do they do that with giving P conferences the advantage?

It should be the next 32 at large teams. period. It will be mostly Power teams so I don't see the problem with that.

Last edited:
It is really hard for the women's program to make the NCAA Tournament, because they only take 1 team
from the conference.
And, that is the winner of the MWC Tournament. If you make the final game and lose. You don't get invited.
It's not, like the men's. Where they take, 4 teams almost every year.

That's why, it is even more impressive, what the women's program has done instead of the men's.

Or is it because the woman's MWC teams aren't near as good and competitive as the men's? That is why only the MWC woman's winner is the only qualifier.

I get the business of it, but that is a mockery of true competition and merit.
I get excluding the lower level teams.

Does the selection commitee still pick them? How do they do that with giving P conferences the advantage?

It should be the next 32 at large teams. period. It will be mostly Power teams so I don't see the problem with that.
My reading show they will primarily use NET rankings to choose teams.

My reading show they will primarily use NET rankings to choose teams.
That's good. The MW has done well with the NET.

Bottom line if we play well enough to be a bubble team we are getting into the NIT if we miss the big dance.

That will be a solid sign of progress and I would sincerely doubt CKK gets fired for that

Reactions: LVRebel2000
That's good. The MW has done well with the NET.

Bottom line if we play well enough to be a bubble team we are getting into the NIT if we miss the big dance.

That will be a solid sign of progress and I would sincerely doubt CKK gets fired for that
Most likely get in with all away games.

You have a coach/recruiter on the bench. Big man from Seattle. The rest of the staff has not proven they can win the battle of changing the HC's mind about style of offense and defense.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Can I change my vote? Unless this was a really bad outing that is not an indicator of the future, we can look forward to a really long season.

I changed my vote. There really is no positive take away from last night. It falls directly on the shoulders of the staff as it’s clear they didn’t have these guys prepared to compete and they had absolutely no answer or shift in strategy for the entire 40 minutes. Sure, DJ is an underaged freshman, Cottrell looked solid and Whaley has potential…but we were playing freaking Southern! Our starting 5 should have looked like All Americans. Southern, a team that was completely crushed by TCU, made our squad look like a D2 product. We were completely abused in every facet of the game and you can’t chalk that up as a “fluke” or “looking ahead in the schedule”. Poor execution, poor preparation and no measured response…it’s bleak and even the media has put out stories and reactions pointing to our hopes of a post season hinging on the MWC tournament…it was so bad that even the reporters for the major local publications didn’t view the game through their scarlet colored glasses. Strap in and prepare yourselves for a ride as rough as the New York New York roller coaster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT