ADVERTISEMENT

Past, Present & Future

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
PAST
Before the season began Robo was gonna be the PG we have been waiting for. Hasn’t happened. I am 65 years old and think I could still dish out 2 assists a game. Juice was gonna be the go to guy and lead us to the promise land. Not happening. Beck was gonna be an offensive juggernaut. Not. Clyburn was gonna start until Hamilton developed, might come to pass. We expected Hardy to improve and be a contributor. Now that we know Robo isn’t what we were hoping for Hardy now has to be the guy to run the offense & score when necessary. The rest were complete unknowns.

PRESENT
So the reality of the situation is that we have 2 sophomores we are able to count on more frequently than anybody else. Hardy & Diong. Both need more time and reps to develop more consistency.

Our freshmen seem to be taking turns stepping up and showing why they were recruited. Early on we had a great game from Hamilton and everybody proclaimed him to be the next coming. Everybody was saying that Ntambwe needed to give up his starting spot to Beck or Hamilton but now we love him. Both of those guys need some time to figure out what works at this level and what doesn’t.

2 wild cards are JTT and Trey. Both could develop into significant role players this year. I personally love JTT. His athleticism at his size is off the charts. Speed and quickness are unmatched in our conference and he could develop into something very special.

FUTURE
Should this group of guys come together before or during conference this year they could be good. Possibly really good. The seniors really need to start playing like senior leaders. That is not the role of the underclass men. Should this happen CMM will return next year with a new PG in tow that looks like a real good one and if not I think that Desiree will cut bait and bring in a new coach that will have a great nucleus to work with going forward.

I am hoping the team comes together and we don’t need to replace Menzies. I don’t care if we win ugly or win pretty, uptempo or a little slower. We are scoring enough points to win most games (see SDSU under fisher) if we can quit shooting ourselves in the foot with silly mistakes and TO’s we can be good.

Reactions: ImmaRebel
Your Past is so skewed and exaggerated, didn't bother reading the rest.

Every comment was spot on. Especially the past. We could be pretty good. Or we could keep blowing games we could win. The future is a big question mark. If we play with the same intensity as at Illinois except smarter, I’m expecting a win against BYwho.
No passion or intensity , then we will slip into further abyss.

Part of assists means the shooter needs to make his shot. I have seen some real good potential assists. Against Illinois we were really moving the ball around. Got it inside quite a bit and takes at least a decent player at point.

I think this team could make it to the final four if they were playing horseshoes!

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Loved the fact the team didn't throw in the towel and almost came back in the end. Hated that it was against a 2-7 team...

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT