ADVERTISEMENT

Nothing has changed in CW’s world it looks like

@TimothyC3, you’re looking at it from a bunch of YouTube hilights and a millionaire point of view.

In 2023 and adjusted for inflation, what Chris Wood is making is chump change.

Remember LJ signed an 82 million dollar contract back in the 90’s.

If Wood signs with the Lakers, Lebron is going to light him up.

Chris Wood doesn’t care, what’s he got to prove? He’s just another dude in the league.

How many teams has Chris Wood played with since he been in the league? That’s not a red flag In itself?

Reactions: TimothyC3
Dude go to any emergency room in the country, it’s full of bums who have been in the system looking for a place to stay.

The two questions that are asked, “are you homicidal, are you suicidal?”

You answer yes to either of those, you get a nice bed and a meal for the next two weeks.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I’ve been in the front lines at the mental

i think 5 is a little too early..

It’s the never ending nature vs nurture debate.

Remember we all know the brain isn’t fully developed until like 24 according to the latest “research”

Some people grow up rather quickly, others have a huge stunted growth.

@UNLVbrocrub, I was looking for ways to reply objectively but everything is subjective. so the best thing I could do was present an NBA player with a similar skill set who's experienced what Chris Wood has. see the link below:

As other board members have highlighted. Behavior is a dichotomy. I believe wholeheartedly that the core of our personality is formed by the age of five based on observations and theory analyses.

The reason why I'm so entrenched in applied behavior analysis is that it is truly built on changing behavior beyond this age range.

Many factors contribute to behavior including environmental. Most people who have behavioral changes experience those because of environmental factors like moving to a new city or getting married Etc. That's why going to college can have such a profound impact on individuals, it gets you out of your comfort zone and encourages you to explore diversity of viewpoint and perspective through socialization and academic exploration.

To take it a step further...think about all the people who change once they have kids. They seemingly start to look beyond themselves and start to question not just their own decisions and behaviors but how those behaviors impact those that they want to lead, nurture and care most about.

Again, won't argue with you that behavior change happens well after the age of five. But what I think happens is people still have their core tenants and convictions but work harder to move beyond those tenants because they either want to evolve or are required to because of environmental factors.

The best way I can summarize this is...

There's Who We Are... and then there's what we want.

We all have our core tenants and convictions. But along the line, our environments change and we adapt to get what we want from them.

The core of Applied Behavior Analysis is behavior serves two functions. "To either get into something or to get out of something.... ".

Simply put, I want to slap my coworkers, daily. But I won't cuz I want to keep my job and stay in good legal and social standing environmentally.

The article below describes some of this from the perspective of an NBA player. Thinking this has strong relevance when we discuss CW:

Last edited:
As other board members have highlighted. Behavior is a dichotomy. I believe wholeheartedly that the core of our personality is formed by the age of five based on observations and theory analyses.

The reason why I'm so entrenched in applied behavior analysis is that it is truly built on changing behavior beyond this age range.

Many factors contribute to behavior including environmental. Most people who have behavioral changes experience those because of environmental factors like moving to a new city or getting married Etc. That's why going to college can have such a profound impact on individuals, it gets you out of your comfort zone and encourages you to explore diversity through socialization and academic exploration.

To take it a step further...think about all the people who change once they have kids. They seemingly start to look beyond them themselves and start to question not just their own decisions and behaviors but how those behaviors impact those that they want to lead, nurture and care most about.

Again, won't argue with you that behavior change happens well after the age of five. But what I think happens is people still have their core tenants and convictions but work harder to move beyond those tenants because they either want to evolve or are required to because of environmental factors.

The best way I can summarize this is...

There's Who We Are... and then there's what we want.

We all have our core tenants and convictions. But along the line, our environments change and we adapt to get what we want from them.

The core of Applied Behavior Analysis is behavior serves two functions. "To either get into something or to get out of something.... "

Simply put, I want to slap my coworkers, daily. But I won't cuz I want to keep my job and stay in good legal and social standing environmentally.

The article below describes some of this from the perspective of an NBA player. Thinking this has strong relevance when we discuss CW:

I’m quite character myself, I have what is called “a Peter pan complex” and in the dating world, it’s absolute poison when dating women my age…

Im the youngest of 3 children. A lot of posters here have gone to school with my 2 older sisters. One of them even was a roommate to my middle sister at one point in her life. Another poster and his wife still sees my middle sister.

I graduated from High School in 1994 and during the fall of that year, I worked as a busser at Imperial Palace. My best friend joined the Navy and I wanted to join him. My mother said, why don’t you go to school, I’ll pay for your college. I took the easy way out, I stayed at home and took the offer and was a nursing student from when the internet began in Spring of 1995 all the way up until 2000. So I stayed at home and went to school. I dropped out like an idiot because I ratted out on myself. I wrote a paper but instead I used a patient from the previous semester. It was Spring Break and I was behind on this paper.I would have gotten away had I shutted up but I told the truth. So I got suspended from the program. I was 3 credits shy of finishing my nursing degree. I could have actually gone back and I should have finished it but I bitched out.

anyways, that was the Spring of 2000 and that was the year when this country was at its peak. Jobs were plentiful and you were hired right away. Anyways, the state mental hospital was hiring and I was a shoe in because I had credits In psychiatric nursing and it helps that my mother gave me the answers in the job interview. I aced the freakin test. One thing I didn’t have was common sense and real world experience however, I ran the psychiatric Crisis observation unit when it was just 10 beds and all the hospitals around the valley had like hundreds of patients waiting for us to clear out. It was awesome! We told the hospitals we were full and we played PlayStation or watched movies in that unit.

I worked with 2 famous people as a psychiatric technicians. One was Freddie Banks and the other was Jonas Vece. Jonas Vece was a singer in the band, The McCoys. For you old timers, he was a singer for the song “Hang on Sloopy”

anyways, going back to that, I decided to go back to Nursing School back I. 2005. There was a problem, my science credits expired after 5 years..I went back after 6. So I got diagnosed with bipolar because I moved to swing shift and I wasn’t sleeping. I knew I got bipolar because I went to sleep for 2 hours and woke up with a burst of energy. I went to the lvAc gym and just started cranking out weights, I wasn’t tired. I saw Dr. Emmanuel Nwapa and I actually worked under him at one time. He put me on medications and to this day, I need Seroquel and Trazadone to sleep..

anyways, I always lived with my mother up until 2008 when I moved to Fairfield California. My cousin Ady had bought a house there. He went to CImmaron and graduated from USC. He said, come on out and just stay at my house, house sit and find a job. This was in 2008. I tried my hardest to find a job in Northern California. Me and my lesbian roomate lived in his house, did not pay rent and we grew Weed in his backyard as a hobby. Then the economy tanked. Me and Lina looked at each other and I couldn’t even get a job at Mcdonald’s I. Fairfield. The economy was f’d. I even went to Napa to be a grape picker and they weren’t hiring.

Anyways I went home that year with my tail between my legs.

Lina called me..hey I’m in pleasant Hill, I want you to be a weed grower. So I high tailed it back to Pleasant Hill and grew Weed illegally. We grew 300 plants of OG Kush and 1 plant of Silver Haze. Our business partner was the head coach of DeLaSalle High School Football so yes, we were the hookup to his players. We sold our weed to different medicinaries in California, 3750 bucks a pound at the time..this was good shit. Anyways, I got a job as Fry’s Cashier in Concord off the 680 as a regular job..pot grower at night and learned how to grow indoor weed with all the fancy lights, charcoal filters so it won’t smell and sound off the neighbors…

Anyways I found a way to F that up and moved back to Nevada in 2011 and lived with my mother.

All was good until Covid year of 2020, My mother passed away on July 20,2020..my mother caught Covid from Ady because he just moved back from Queens NY and he tested positive on a job interview. So we all caught Covid even though we masked up and did everything . My mother made masks with the sewing machine..anyways, my mother was in the hospital at Mountain View this time of the year 3 years ago…upon discharge, she was given an Oxygen Tank. When we got home, I was supposed to tie on the oxygen tank and be the guy who would help her lug up the oxygen tank up and down the stairs. I never put on the Oxygen tank and it proved fatal because she was dead 4 days later. No one can convince me that I was not at fault. Under Nurse law what I did was negligence. I didn’t put on the oxygen tank on her..her death certificate has Covid-19 but in reality it should also read: Negligence from lack of Oxygen tank..

In my entire life, I’ve only had to pay rent 4 months in my entire life. I’ve been extremely spoiled. But now that I lived by myself since May of 2021..I’ve been paying rent 800 dollars, electricity 50 bucks during the summer and cell phone 55 bucks T mobile.

The money will run out one of these days and I’ll be screwed. Been lazy, I don’t wanna work. I’m going to have to or my money from my inheritance will be gone. Once you don’t work, you don’t ever wanna go back to working. I’m looking, I’ll get a job…but for now I’m lapping it up.

I have lived quite a life. I travelled around the world with my mother. I never been to China or South East Asia. So yeah I have some issues. I’m thinking about going back to UNLV, getting a new Student loan but I love the idea of not having to deal with kids, credit card debt and having 49000 in my bank account.

I’m cool for now but there’s gonna be a day where I will have to work 2 jobs to support myself. Maybe even 3 jobs.

Anyways I have 189 credits in Nursing and Psychology.

I kind of want to go back to UNLV and get a degree in Athletic Training plus maybe go back to Nursing..I think Nursing is a no go for me. I’m just pissed at what I should have been. I have a mormon male friend that I worked with at the state. who sorted out his issues. He’s the director of nursing for the state hospital up in Reno. Had I played my cards right, I should have been director of nursing for Rawson Neal Hospital. It’s not too late, I just don’t want to take my science credits over again. I still want to be a gym instructor for the Las Vegas Athletic Club. One day I’ll be it..or is just a dream.

Anyways, I love psychology..absolute bullshit in the real world but it’s theories are still app livable in life.

Anyways I’m off mood stabilizers and this medication called Clonazepam.

Now it’s just old heart pills and Trazadone/Seroquel.

I still don't get the argument here.
He didn't work hard enough to get drafted.
And he still doesn't work hard enough to be in the NBA for 8 years now?

Here is how I see it:
1) Talented enough to get a scholarship.
2) Didn't work hard enough to get drafted.
3) Talented enough to get into D or G league whatever it's called.
4) Talented and worked hard enough to be in the NBA for 8+ years now.
5) Doesn't work hard enough to be an all star?

I think it is safe to say that Wood has worked harder as a pro than he did at UNLV. He got some humble pie by not being drafted and having to work his way up the hard way through the G league. Sure his talent help carry him, but he did have to work to elevate his game.
It is also safe to say that his work has been elevating his personal skill level, maybe not as much at learning the game. He seems to still have some immaturity issues and likely not the best team player, or a coach's pet.
So he has grown in some ways and not in others.

So everyone is right in this argument!!!

Reactions: the Florian Trout
He doesn’t work Bobby. He’s lazy. He’s always been lazy. He needed to be dragged to practice. He wouldn’t put in the regular work let alone extra work.

I’m talking about his work ethic, not success or numbers, both would be higher if he worked. But he doesn’t. He slides by on his talent.
You mean he "didn't" work while at UNLV - Your perspective (which is just a snapshot- microcosm) of his overall work- was a sample of his work ethic in his youth - it was bad... i'm sure - people have this thing called "the ability to improve" obviously he improved from what you are judging him on - otherwise he never would have been so successful and made the NBA (hard road traveled to get there too) and stayed there for 8 years and became a starter and put up good numbers. The work it takes to that _ no Lazy person just fricken stumbles upon that because of talent - he improved his work eithic- Obviously

Reactions: the Florian Trout
I kinda disagree about personalities being formed by age 5.

I just attended my niece’s 5 year old birthday party. She’s the youngest. Her older brothers are 9 and 11.

There’s a ton of factors that go into your personality. Who raised you, what order were you born in the family, life experiences etc.

I am also the youngest so I was the spoiled brat in the family. I was also spoiled beyond belief.

I’m assuming your major is psychology..could be education?

I kinda disagree about personalities being formed by age 5.

I just attended my niece’s 5 year old birthday party. She’s the youngest. Her older brothers are 9 and 11.

There’s a ton of factors that go into your personality. Who raised you, what order were you born in the family, life experiences etc.

I am also the youngest so I was the spoiled brat in the family. I was also spoiled beyond belief.

I’m assuming your major is psychology..could be education?
Close in a sister field of psychology. Specifically applied behavior analysis. Board-certified behavior analysts (BCBA) and registered behavior technicians (RBT) are the major careers in my field. The difference between a BCBA and a psychologist is a psychologist can diagnose and has a Ph.D. Whereas a BCBA has at least a grad degree and can implement and oversee treatment plans that RBTs run. We bill health insurance and Medicaid similar to other medical professions.

Reactions: RebelScrub
If LeBron [James] can get him to toe the line, it cements LeBron as the greatest player of all time,” one NBA source told Woike. “That’s how hard it is.”

Woike explained that the aforementioned “personality issues” are essentially a disconnect of how Wood views himself in the league versus how the league views him. This is never an ideal situation, and concerns over Wood’s “professionalism” also were cited by Woike.

At least they think highly of him

Now he's a Laker! I don't follow the NBA much anymore but the Lakers were my team from the 80's so I'm still looking forward to see how he does. *You could do a lot worse in looking for someone to come in for when Davis gets his annual major injury.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT