ADVERTISEMENT

New staff

My source just cut me off since you figured out my clue. Thank goodness you didn’t guess correctly about Henry Buckley lacing them up for us!
Haha...sorry about that, but some things are just meant to come out to the public. Buckly, Bazz, and Beas are the new assistant coaches?

That gives Coach Kruger 2 assistants that each have 25/28 years of experience (Buckley also has 6 years as a head coach). Which way do you go from here for your next bench hire? From what it sounds like Hartman is a good recruiter but not sure with Buckley. I think you have enough veteran experience on your bench, maybe go with a younger addition that can recruit his butt off!

Buckley has a solid resume, recruited Wade and former rebel odarty blankson to Marquette with Crean for a year, then head coach at Ball State with an eh record just okay but pretty mediocre and then went back to Crean at Marquette and followed him to Indiana.

With practices closed I am not sure we can tell much on his coaching value but people in the profession rate him pretty high.

Interesting to see who they get for the third spot, I think they would need to go younger. But who knows,Lon didn’t really ever have anyone on his staff like that so maybe we get another middle aged long time assistant.

Reactions: 76RunninRebel
Looks like KK has hired his last assistant, looks young but maybe a good recruiter!
If you were able to take the “maybe” out of your statement I’d be intrigued.

Unfortunately, no one knows who the hell this guy is! Very unfortunate, I had high hopes for this staff at least. Then we kept Buckley and found this no name.

Looks like he was on staff at NAU at the same time as KK.
Well I guess it makes sense that kevin hires a buddy who is not qualified, seeing that he was gifted the job by Dad while not being qualified. How does this help get quality players here? Seems like a shit show now.

Having too many recruiters created factions in the CDR era. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to someone who hired a HOF coach as his Assistant to the HC and hired a top-3 Assistant Coach from the Big12. Hartman will coach the bigs, Chappell will coach the guards, KK will work with the shooters. I'm good with how KK assembled his first staff, not to mention the players that he's brought in, as well as those on the horizon.

From any naysayer's POV, I do completely understand, given what we've witnessed from MM and Otz. I am VERY optimistic that KK will earn our trust.

Not the great addition to the staff I was hoping for. I am VERY happy about Hartman (and Lon) so I still think the staff is good but if we were going to hire some nobody it seems like there had to be better options. Maybe a young CKK didn’t want another older ego on the staff. I think there’s no question about the pecking order and who’s the last man on the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT