ADVERTISEMENT

It's happening...

I think it’s far, far easier to get schoolwork accomplished now than before. Lots of reasons behind it but I think they might be able to get it done over summer. If not, not so certain you’d want to bring him in December, unless he was getting full team run in the late summer/early fall.

Definite interest and contact picked up yesterday. Can't say how it'll go though or if a visit is happening

Makes sense. I'm okay if he is a mid year enrollee if things don't pan out with the reclassification but I'd really like him to be on campus faster
I have no idea, but if DT is not eligible at the beginning of fall semester, I'm guess he should at least be able to participate in practices, similar to mid year transfers from year's past. I'm not sure if the school will still be able to enroll him for college course work, or if it is an athletic only restriction. That may make the difference.

If he cannot even practice until the fall semester ends, that definitely hurts.

I have no idea, but if DT is not eligible at the beginning of fall semester, I'm guess he should at least be able to participate in practices, similar to mid year transfers from year's past. I'm not sure if the school will still be able to enroll him for college course work, or if it is an athletic only restriction. That may make the difference.

If he cannot even practice until the fall semester ends, that definitely hurts.
I’ve seen it happen both ways. Practice in fall/play in winter, can’t practice in fall, play in winter. Usually the latter is more about academic eligibility (yet to fulfill all the academic requirements) and the former is a timing thing (they left their previous school after 1st semester and are in good academic standing).

Right, and the fact that this commitment was solidified some time ago before it was announced. You would hope that all the logistics were worked out before making such a huge announcement.
My hope is that was part of the reason that it took a while to announce the commitment, just reading between the lines a bit.
Again no mention that he wouldn't be eligible right away, which I think is very promising.

But yes some battered wife syndrome going on as well. I just know that it there had been some doubt in the past that he would be eligible before December.

Hello all,

I've made a Twitter for all your Rebel News needs! The @ is RebelWayOrNoWay

Please give it a follow and tell a friend to follow it too. And then tell a friend to tell a friend! Retweet my first tweet so we can get visibility and tell the people I'm from rebel net and got y'all on the news!

Just to make it clear, I'm not competing with any other accounts or people. Just making this to be on a bigger platform and I hope that we can build a huge following so again, please give it a follow and tell a friend to tell a friend.

Thank you!
-Lobbybuu

Eh, I see Cotrell as the backup to Hill at the 4. I dont see him starting, and Id be happy if we got 10-15 minutes a game from him... Im all for grabbing a big 5 and give him 15-20 minutes a game... If anything watching the MWC has tought me, the starting 5 is a 2 minute stretch of Dave Hall away from sitting for 15 minutes with 3 cheap fouls... You all know what Im talking about.

I think Nowell and Cottrell are darkhorses to start. A 100% healthy Cottrell could be better than you think. He looked really imposing next to Khalib Boone.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Does Kaluma have any interest in UNLV? I'm assuming since he's leaving a good Creighton team, he's looking to get a good NIL payday, but not sure if that's the primary thing that he's looking for in leaving Creighton, or what else went into it.

I think Nowell and Cottrell are darkhorses to start. A 100% healthy Cottrell could be better than you think. He looked really imposing next to Khalib Boone.
This is very possible. I think Nowell is more likely just because he doesnt have any health concerns.
Does Kaluma have any interest in UNLV? I'm assuming since he's leaving a good Creighton team, he's looking to get a good NIL payday, but not sure if that's the primary thing that he's looking for in leaving Creighton, or what else went into it.
No chance with Kaluma

he only choose Creighton over UNLV because of the NIL bag in the first place. He's just going to highest bidder which won't be UNLV

This is very possible. I think Nowell is more likely just because he doesnt have any health concerns.

No chance with Kaluma
Thanks. I know he'd be a bit of a duplication of talent to what we have currently, but since we've talked about getting another big, I just saw that he's still out there in the portal, undecided.

Given the NBA draft rules and if he reclassified, isn't he required to wait two years before being drafted. Unlike Lobby, I have no inside knowledge. Recruiting his friends, it seems to me that he plans to stay 2 and only 2 years.
He could be a one and done if he reclassified, but that’s very unlikely. He’s at very high end college player and marginal NBA player.

Given the NBA draft rules and if he reclassified, isn't he required to wait two years before being drafted. Unlike Lobby, I have no inside knowledge. Recruiting his friends, it seems to me that he plans to stay 2 and only 2 years.
I think hes saying there's 0 chance he stays in the 2024 class...

He could be a one and done if he reclassified, but that’s very unlikely. He’s at very high end college player and marginal NBA player.
You are more knowledgeable than me on this. However, if he is below a certain age, is he still allowed to be one and done or does he need to wait an additional year?

You are more knowledgeable than me on this. However, if he is below a certain age, is he still allowed to be one and done or does he need to wait an additional year?
As long as you’re 19 in the year of the draft and one year removed from HS, you’re eligible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT