ADVERTISEMENT

It's happening...

Yeah like a UCLA poster would know or maybe that just a justification to make himself feel better. There was probably a good NIL but I’d bet the deciding factor was just an all out effort by the staff to build a great relationship with him and the family over the past 2 years. CKK gets the credit for this one 100% although it was a complete staff and roster effort.
Say it louder for the people in the back!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I haven't met anyone from this board but would love to meet up this season for some games. I think it would only be right. Thank you for accepting me onto this board. It's been fun interacting with everyone and being able to deliver some "insider" information has been cool!

Sorry I can't always give up everything, but you know how that gets. I try to give as much as possible without breaking anyone's news, as I really believe that these kids should be able to announce their big news personally.

Would love to see if anyone on this board has footage of his dad playing as I was born in 89 and wasn’t blessed to ever watch him play
This is a video from 1993 against Louisville with Rollie as the coach. There is not much video of the 1992 team (I want to say they had a TV ban but I am getting old and may be wrong). This video is painful for many reasons but you asked for it :)

I haven't met anyone from this board but would love to meet up this season for some games. I think it would only be right. Thank you for accepting me onto this board. It's been fun interacting with everyone and being able to deliver some "insider" information has been cool!

Sorry I can't always give up everything, but you know how that gets. I try to give as much as possible without breaking anyone's news, as I really believe that these kids should be able to announce their big news personally.
I’ll meet up with u.I’m horrible with names and faces.

He’s reclassifying to 2023, right?
Sorry for just getting back to you, but yes that is the plan!
Great post! Thank you.
I got you!
Thank you so much for your posts and insight. You rock Tark Court!
Appreciate the kind words Mr Hustle!
Thanks. It is also great new Cottrell is back in the gym. Also, there is already a commitment for 2024.
No problem! It's kind of crazy to see how fast the tide turns. CKK was left for dead 2 months ago. Now it's up!
First one, I don't know about...
Second one, not likely... Gilbert was done with the staff midway through season. Based on @lobbybuu story above, I doubt there was any influence in that decision.
@sssstt4 DJ would be here regardless. They are actually very close.
Thomas Jr Starting and Jackie Johnson backing him up to go with Lou rod,Nowell, Boone twins and Jalen. Tournament me please 😂😂😂😂 i
MARCH MADNESS ME!

I greatly appreciate the insights you’ve shared lobbybuu. It makes for a great board and has also sparked excellent discussions. Hell, I get more info on the Tark board than the Confidential board!
Appreciate it! I'm no expert by any means. Just like to talk Rebels and there will be a lot to talk about this season. The results will be there also!
I’ll meet up with u.I’m horrible with names and faces.
Let's go!
Would love to meet also. Should be a fun year. BSU and SDSU will not fold easily.
I agree. They'll never fold easily, but they better stop playing with us. We are not to be taken lightly this season.

I actually want teams to play with us because we will shock them and then you and I will come back to this board and hehe it up
My guy!

This is a video from 1993 against Louisville with Rollie as the coach. There is not much video of the 1992 team (I want to say they had a TV ban but I am getting old and may be wrong). This video is painful for many reasons but you asked for it :)

Good find thanks! Also found this gem that I think Joe posted on YouTube

@lobbybuu Do you have any info on the non-conference schedule? I know they’re playing Dayton and Stetson plus two of Colorado/Florida State/Richmond.

So you're saying we don't have to return the games against Incarnate Word or Life University? 🤣

Do we have to return WSU or Southern Miss? FSU will be good if we play them but would like to see them set one game against a certain top 10-20 team. I can't believe we have never played Gonzaga they should be on the list.

@lobbybuu Do you have any info on the non-conference schedule? I know they’re playing Dayton and Stetson plus two of Colorado/Florida State/Richmond.

I haven't heard anything concrete but will relay that info when I get some! I have heard a little about us trying to schedule against a good team in the ACC though (not FSU) and more big west coast programs.
So you're saying we don't have to return the games against Incarnate Word or Life University? 🤣

Do we have to return WSU or Southern Miss? FSU will be good if we play them but would like to see them set one game against a certain top 10-20 team. I can't believe we have never played Gonzaga they should be on the list.
😂😂😂 Please no more games against elite YMCA teams!

Im okay with playing against the Eagles. Southern Miss is one of the top teams in their conference.

Gonzaga is a good one! Id like to see a game against them, LMU, Berkeley, Oregon, a Texas school, a lower tier Big East school, and UCSB.

If anyone has any potential schools you want us to play, let me know! I'm interested in hearing who/why!

I think Big 12 schools would be good, OU, TCU or OSU. Decent level programs and some name cache but also probably games we could compete in. I don’t mind Big West or WCC schools but we should be playing mid league or higher no bottoms feeders from those conferences. I would prefer to stay away from big sky or wac at this point, at most one combined.

Reactions: lobbybuu
I'd love for us to play teams that will get us more national attention, similar to what Gonzaga has done. As long as we're competitive, that is.

UCLA
Kansas
Duke
Texas
UNC
Michigan
Indiana
UConn

Then throw in other schools that have a big following, but historically aren't quite as tough of matchups.

Clemson
UCF
South Carolina
Illinois
Tennessee
Oregon
LSU
Vanderbilt
Wisconsin
Notre Dame

Obviously, not all of these teams in the same year, but at least a handful per year.

I like OU, OSU, and TCU. The first two for obvious reasons with the trifecta.

Iowa State and Ole Miss need to happen! ISU this year please. That would be good bump. Ole miss got both Sharp and Cisse so that would be interesting.

To add, I'd like to see us against USC this year. That's a lot of money floating around in the starting lineups and not just in theirs.

Iowa State and Ole Miss need to happen! ISU this year please. That would be good bump. Ole miss got both Sharp and Cisse so that would be interesting.

To add, I'd like to see us against USC this year. That's a lot of money floating around in the starting lineups and not just in theirs.
We should’ve put a clause in Otzelberger’s and Beard’s contract like VCU does where they’d have to play us home and home.

To add, I'd like to see us against USC this year. That's a lot of money floating around in the starting lineups and not just in

My (utestream) recommendations: Avoid schools with names like Low Point, Incontinent Turd, Western Wyoming Clown College, Oral Swagger Bible College, Southern Pacific Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield, Northwestern South Dakota State, and the Central Alaskan Fishing College. Schedule Ole Miss, Iowa State, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Texas, Houston, USC, Arizona, University of Utah (avoid Friday night or Saturday games), Weber State, Long Beach State, Gonzaga, St Mary's, St. Johns, Duke or North Carolina at their site, Memphis, etc

Scheduling really is a balance. No one plays 12 top 50 teams in noncon. No one.
And to be honest, the way the MW has scheduled has been favorable to them when it comes to ranking, NET, etc. Arguably to a fault.

Personally I would like 2-3 noncon quad 1 games, no more than 4 quad 3 or 4 games, and the rest quad 2. Name recognition helps, and I think lower teams from power conferences are better than similarly ranked mid majors. Depending on the school. (this is much more aggressive than the average MW team)

It should also depend on the team you have.

Next year is a bit odd. I think on one hand you can be a bit more aggressive since we will have a ton of overall experience on the team. However, there will be a lot of new pieces that will take time to gel.

On top of that you have DT who is a true freshman who may have to miss the warm up games.

Tough to find the right balance with all of that.

Personally I would like 2-3 noncon quad 1 games, no more than 4 quad 3 or 4 games, and the rest quad 2. Name recognition helps, and I think lower teams from power conferences are better than similarly ranked mid majors. Depending on the school. (this is much more aggressive than the average MW team)
I agree with that. But UNLV doesn’t do that. At all. We shy away from tough games and play far too many wimps, enough that many fans think 10-0 deserves a ranking when we beat Life Pacific by 78. It’s an illusion that some fools believe. It’s really easy to see a poor schedule … they need to gear up. They have way more talent. They have overall experience. Shying away from a semi tough schedule means scared to play, relying on the number 20.

Schedules are probably already set for this year. A few weeks ago, a lot of people were saying KK was gone. I and others said,, "Whoa", he is a second year coach with a brand new staff. I really liked his staff when I met them and knew last year was going to be tough because of pf depth and scoring. It worked out that way but the team never quit except for Gilbert. Now we have a promising D1 top tier roster with young guys coming in who have the creds. It should be better, but no one is standing still watching the Rebels success. They will recruit even harder and the games will be even tougher as opposing crowds amp it up.

I think home-and-homes will be harder and harder to come by. Neutral court games and tournament games are more likely against P5 conferences. Don't blame UNLV or KK (at least moving forward). Those are facts.

I agree with that. But UNLV doesn’t do that. At all. We shy away from tough games and play far too many wimps, enough that many fans think 10-0 deserves a ranking when we beat Life Pacific by 78. It’s an illusion that some fools believe. It’s really easy to see a poor schedule … they need to gear up. They have way more talent. They have overall experience. Shying away from a semi tough schedule means scared to play, relying on the number 20.
KK's first season was nearly exactly that. with 2 top 5 teams no less.

UNLV is close to that most years within 2 games or so. But those can be pretty big games.

Part of it is a crap shoot, some teams under achieve, some over achieve.

Last year we had an initially weak schedule that ended worse than it looked. But it was a bad schedule whichever way you look at it. Really only one quad 1 game going in, and they fell out of the mix.

We have been fortunate that the MW has been overrated. No better example than Reno last year. Does that continue? Who knows.

Either way you want some real tests in the OOC just to at the very least get you ready for conference play, but really for potentially beyond.

What early grad requirements would make Dedan miss games? I've never heard of that

@lobbybuu how we looking with Adrame Diongue??? I’d like him a lot with Boone with year and Compton next year.
I agree he would be a good get with a lot of upside! Great as a back up and occasionally playing with Boone would be great. A year Under his belt from last year not playing much, but gaining some experience should help with the transition here. To have him for the future would be great learning from Boone, etc.

I agree he would be a good get with a lot of upside! Great as a back up and occasionally playing with Boone would be great. A year Under his belt from last year not playing much, but gaining some experience should help with the transition here. To have him for the future would be great learning from Boone, etc.
You guys want our coaches to go and convince a former top 100 player to come to UNLV so he can become a back up?

Someone is mixing up mid-year and reclassification
You guys want our coaches to go and convince a former top 100 player to come to UNLV so he can become a back up?
Of course... Doesnt have to be just this one mentioned... Id love for them to go pursue any former top 100 talent and convince them that being a backup for 1 year that gets 15-20 minutes a night is the exact thing they need, lol

He hardly played at all at Washington State, but he will most likely pick a team if he is assured a starting role. I believe he would get pretty good minutes here, but yes not starting, maybe some good minutes when CKK goes big with him and Boone playing the same time. I believe backing the power forward and Center position he would get some good minutes

What early grad requirements would make Dedan miss games? I've never heard of that
It has reported that he may not be eligible until December if he reclassifies since he may not have all the required HS work done by fall semester.

However that being said, there has not been much mention of that recently, so maybe they were able to work it out where he could play right away.

It has reported that he may not be eligible until December if he reclassifies since he may not have all the required HS work done by fall semester.

However that being said, there has not been much mention of that recently, so maybe they were able to work it out where he could play right away.
I think it’s far, far easier to get schoolwork accomplished now than before. Lots of reasons behind it but I think they might be able to get it done over summer. If not, not so certain you’d want to bring him in December, unless he was getting full team run in the late summer/early fall.

And probably a back up to the back up at that. I'd love to have him but I don't see him biting.
Eh, I see Cotrell as the backup to Hill at the 4. I dont see him starting, and Id be happy if we got 10-15 minutes a game from him... Im all for grabbing a big 5 and give him 15-20 minutes a game... If anything watching the MWC has tought me, the starting 5 is a 2 minute stretch of Dave Hall away from sitting for 15 minutes with 3 cheap fouls... You all know what Im talking about.

@lobbybuu how we looking with Adrame Diongue??? I’d like him a lot with Boone this year and Compton next year.
Definite interest and contact picked up yesterday. Can't say how it'll go though or if a visit is happening

Makes sense. I'm okay if he is a mid year enrollee if things don't pan out with the reclassification but I'd really like him to be on campus faster

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT