ADVERTISEMENT

Hillary

1Tripoda

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2009
I dont think I have ever seen a storm hit Vegas like this? Be careful Saturday and Sunday

I dont think I have ever seen a storm hit Vegas like this? Be careful Saturday and Sunday
From what I've seen, it's not going to be too bad. The winds aren't showing anything much more than 15-20 mph. Hopefully we'll get a bunch of rain and raise the Lake level for Lake Mead, and the other reservoirs. The prediction I've seen is up to 2-3" of rain in Las Vegas (mostly Sunday & Monday), and really, for a large chunk of Nevada. But yeah, the flooding is going to be the main issue, so just need to be smart and you should be fine.

Last edited:
It would be cool to see the storm raise lake mead by 5-10 feet or so though. Not sure if that's realistic, but I guess we'll find out in the next week or so as the projected rain water makes it way through the rivers, washes, etc.

Reactions: RebelScrub
It would be cool to see the storm raise lake mead by 5-10 feet or so though. Not sure if that's realistic, but I guess we'll find out in the next week or so as the projected rain water makes it way through the rivers, washes, etc.
Vegas should be hitting the Eastern end of the storm. 15-20 mph is just a breeze.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I think Vegas is going to see some flooding. This ground holds 1 mm of rain before it starts flooding. It sounds like quite a bit of rain (relative to Vegas) in a short time. People just need to be smart. Don’t challenge water, flash floods are sudden and can be very dangerous …

I welcome the rain. Kids know I have a free pass when it comes to rain in Vegas, so they’re excited. Play all you want in the rain. Plus it’ll cool us to fall temps, that’s always nice too.

I think Vegas is going to see some flooding. This ground holds 1 mm of rain before it starts flooding. It sounds like quite a bit of rain (relative to Vegas) in a short time. People just need to be smart. Don’t challenge water, flash floods are sudden and can be very dangerous …

I welcome the rain. Kids know I have a free pass when it comes to rain in Vegas, so they’re excited. Play all you want in the rain. Plus it’ll cool us to fall temps, that’s always nice too.
yeah, a high of around 82 tomorrow and 78 on Sunday sounds pretty wonderful

A few years back the remnants of a Tropical storm took out I-15 up near Mesquite if I recall.. and every time it rains in Vegas hard, it floods like crazy, but dont go boarding up your windows like its Florida, lol...

If you live anywhere near a culvert, you might check if there are homeless living in it. If so, think about warning them, because most of them don’t know anything about the news or whether. Lots of rain means some homeless people getting swept away and killed. I’m not in favor of homeless hanging out all. over town but, at the same time I don’t want to see anybody dead.

If you live anywhere near a culvert, you might check if there are homeless living in it. If so, think about warning them, because most of them don’t know anything about the news or whether. Lots of rain means some homeless people getting swept away and killed. I’m not in favor of homeless hanging out all. over town but, at the same time I don’t want to see anybody dead.
Good call. Hopefully the police are doing the same thing

A few years back the remnants of a Tropical storm took out I-15 up near Mesquite if I recall.. and every time it rains in Vegas hard, it floods like crazy, but dont go boarding up your windows like its Florida, lol...
I wouldn't board the windows but I would get some sand bags if you live close to drains system or lower area. The ground do not absorb water in Vegas

Can't believe we are getting hit this hard by a storm unrelated to the hurricane coming in.

This could be an issue .. wow...

Can't believe we are getting hit this hard by a storm unrelated to the hurricane coming in.

This could be an issue .. wow...
It is all over the world. I dont know where to move to hide from it all?

It is all over the world. I dont know where to move to hide from it all?
The midwest have been hitting hard, the NE have seen some heat and floods....my nook in Florida in Sarasota and Brandenton have been a good hiding place. Still only about 300 feet above sea level, though.

I went to the galleria this afternoon to dick around. It was sunny..by 8 pm it was raining.

Took the bus to the South Point to watch free Spazmatics 15 year anniversary.

Freakin Cowboy Rodeo Convention this time of the year?

Vegas should be hitting the Eastern end of the storm. 15-20 mph is just a breeze.
You know its a wierd Weather year when Vegas is getting Rain from a hurricane and we can hardly get a drizzle out here in FLorida. They dont know how dry of a summer it has been out here in Florida. My 3rd Summer here here - Its not like the first 2 summers. -

My buddy's son's good friend died inthe wash behind TArget in Green Valley 11 years ago. Always something in LV when it rains a lot. People driving into floods etc.

That’s why people definitely need to err on the side of caution. This ground soaks up nothing, prone to flash flooding which is dangerous and somehow people think it’s ok to just challenge a couple of feet of moving water. The wimpiest Mother Nature has to offer can easily displace us.

And since we don’t get moisture, all the baked in oil on the streets reconstitutes and makes the roads slippery as hell. Combine that with people that aren’t used to driving in slickness, small disasters are waiting to happen. YOU might know what you are doing, but a lot of people don’t and that can put you into a real jam.

You know its a wierd Weather year when Vegas is getting Rain from a hurricane and we can hardly get a drizzle out here in FLorida. They dont know how dry of a summer it has been out here in Florida. My 3rd Summer here here - Its not like the first 2 summers. -
I had to water my garden. The Myakka River is drying up.

Reactions: rebelwithacause
That’s why people definitely need to err on the side of caution. This ground soaks up nothing, prone to flash flooding which is dangerous and somehow people think it’s ok to just challenge a couple of feet of moving water. The wimpiest Mother Nature has to offer can easily displace us.

And since we don’t get moisture, all the baked in oil on the streets reconstitutes and makes the roads slippery as hell. Combine that with people that aren’t used to driving in slickness, small disasters are waiting to happen. YOU might know what you are doing, but a lot of people don’t and that can put you into a real jam.
All of that engine and exhaust oil have been sitting on that asphalt. The first sign of water, all of that oil will be floating to the top. Hydroplaning is as bad as any snow slips you will ever felt.
Have it hit Vegas yet?
Edit: It is a slow mover. It has not reach Baja Mexico yet. Get ready....as of a few hours ago. It should have been in San Diego by now...Be careful with the flood.

Last edited:
Hey how is it in Henderson? I have a neighbor who works out at Eastern St. Rose. Took her an hour and a half to get home.

They use the streets as your flood..

Yes I would smash..no I met her man.

Dont worry about the wind people, it will be slow. It is the water ....it have always been the water that kills people.

Hey how is it in Henderson? I have a neighbor who works out at Eastern St. Rose. Took her an hour and a half to get home.

They use the streets as your flood..

Yes I would smash..no I met her man.
Scrub, pack some foods in your car and plan an escape route up the mountain. Dont mess around this next few days.
This is NOT a tornado it is a hurricane and it is coming at you. That water accumulation is coming. Your local news channels reports are not good enough.

Last edited:
Can you imagine what people living in Baja Mexico is feeling right now? They have never felt anything like this in their lifetime? This is all new, man.This is so crazy. Hurricane in the West.

• Love
Scrub, pack some foods in your car and plan an escape route up the mountain. Dont mess around this next few days.
This is NOT a tornado it is a hurricane and it is coming at you. That water accumulation is coming. Your local news channels reports are not good enough.
I’m certainly not going overboard at all. I’m keeping an eye on things, of course, and I don’t intend on driving unless I have to tomorrow.

Today Henderson was light drizzles with nearly no wind for most of the day. All the neighborhood kids played in front of the house, I just sat out there and enjoyed the weather. I love what we have right now. No thunderstorms/lightning.

It should intensify soon but I still suspect it won’t be anything too bad. I am worried about a couple of huge, skinnyish trees. When the wind picks up, they might be vulnerable (but I don’t think winds are supposed to pick up to more than 30mph?).

We are at the very, very edge of this thing and being in a valley with some relatively sizable ranges around us, those should cut down the impact.

I think it’s loving what you don’t have. I’m a nature person … and we just don’t get rainfall, so I’m welcoming it. Very beautiful morning today. I’m going to sit outside with some beers here soon and enjoy it.

I do think the city will be a mess in terms of transit and some flooding. I’m just going to stay off the roads.

We need more tropical storms. I’m loving this weather.

It’s not raining hard or anything today. Just super cloudy. And lightly raining.

I think Vegas is the best city in the universe.

No earthquakes, no hurricanes. We are Inland..

Just stupid ass drivers who like to hydroplane on the street. Drive drunk etc.

We need more tropical storms. I’m loving this weather.

It’s not raining hard or anything today. Just super cloudy. And lightly raining.

I think Vegas is the best city in the universe.

No earthquakes, no hurricanes. We are Inland..

Just stupid ass drivers who like to hydroplane on the street. Drive drunk etc.
Hey, it listed Vegas at 2-4% possibility of a tornado.

It’s like the movie 2012.

What’s projected rainfall in town, 2 inches over Sunday and Monday ? I’m pretty sure we’re all safe if you limit being on the roads from the idiots who don’t understand how to drive. I thinking maybe just light rain for 36 hours although if the storm turns east maybe a bit heavier Rainfall

Hey, it listed Vegas at 2-4% possibility of a tornado.

It’s like the movie 2012.
Bruh..I’m f*cked. I live in the venerable Katie Arms Apartments. It’s made out of bricks.

I was at the frontyard at Ellis Island. Dude, their place got rained in. There were tables that were wet. Ended up eating at their awesome cafe

Literally, glass construction lol.

I have no car. I just went to Vons and bought me a pizza and some food for the day at the deli.

Everyone has their windows open. F that, I hate sweating and the humidity.

F it, I might go to Carnival Court tomorrow and dance in the rain. YOLO!!

I know some people here don’t like to talk about floods or religion but this is a teaching moment.

D Day is tomorrow and Monday!!

We got some hurricane vets In Tripoda & RWAC.

I got me a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada, 4 blunts of a strain called Apple Fritters. A pound of Chinese salad, 1 pound of Mac and cheese, and 1 pound of potato Salad..and Vons is next door.

I’m on the 3rd floor so if it floods, I should be okay.

God help us all!!

In all honesty, ya gotta worry about Henderson, the valley from a walking perspective it goes from west to east..soooo

It’s easier to walk east because it’s on a down hill slope. Walking west is a bitch cause you’re walking uphill.

I saw a question posed to the National Weather Service on X asking if we should stock up for this. Two days of rain and people are panicking. Interesting approach.

@RebelScrub I live around the area you asked about. I had some rain as I drove in the late afternoon/early evening but nothing more than some of our normal rains. Rained overnight but not an excessive amount.

Hope you're safe where you are!

I saw a question posed to the National Weather Service on X asking if we should stock up for this. Two days of rain and people are panicking. Interesting approach.

@RebelScrub I live around the area you asked about. I had some rain as I drove in the late afternoon/early evening but nothing more than some of our normal rains. Rained overnight but not an excessive amount.

Hope you're safe where you are!
A little panic and toilet paper will be flying off the shelves. lol.

We've got rain at our house but nothing substantial. Up to now, this is not even close to the storm we had a month or so ago. Been lots of clouds, with a lot of periodic light rain. A couple of short heavier stretched mixed in but not close to what I was expecting

I’ve lived in Oklahoma Tornado Alley, Alabama tornado alley, and Florida. Lived through three hurricanes and prepared for five others. I found that only about 20% of the time does the national media properly predict the severity of coming weather. Usually, they vastly Overestimate potential damage. In my opinion, they do this for two reasons. First, they want to make sure people are properly prepared for anything. Second, they want readers and viewers, and because of that they make things sound way worse than they are so people tune in and ratings go up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT