ADVERTISEMENT

Help is on the way...

@lobbybuu does UNLV have a real shot at Sharp from Western Kentucky?
Sharp was truly intrigued when first offered but intrigue only goes so far in today's world. I havent heard much since then but my opinion is that both parties may have cooled off especially with the Cisse interest.

But the thing with Cisse is that him and his camp are all over the place. My opinion is that we should not hold a spot for someone and risk losing both. So if Sharp was truly intrigued and wants to come here, we should take his commitment instead of waiting to see if Cisse will come. With that being said, I'd rather have Cisse.

With all of this talent looming we better make some room with some more players hitting the portal.

Reactions: RRebel
100% agree. Obviously Cisse is the better player and I believe he has more than 1 year of eligibility left. But we can’t miss out on both. Sharp would still do very well in the MW, especially if paired with Kalib Boone at the 4

In one article I read it said Cisse has two years remaining. I think he would be a great addition, but does Kevin have a big enough NIL package to get him here?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Sharp was truly intrigued when first offered but intrigue only goes so far in today's world. I havent heard much since then but my opinion is that both parties may have cooled off especially with the Cisse interest.

But the thing with Cisse is that him and his camp are all over the place. My opinion is that we should not hold a spot for someone and risk losing both. So if Sharp was truly intrigued and wants to come here, we should take his commitment instead of waiting to see if Cisse will come. With that being said, I'd rather have Cisse.
Yeah, in this case, you take whichever of the two is ready to commit. If the both end up deciding they want to come (unlikely), you figure it out at the time.

Reactions: RRebel and lobbybuu
UNLV is annoyingly slow with this. I know that Interest has been picking up with potential donors and getting the ball rolling but it seems like everyone is waiting around for the first pin to drop.
I just meant in regards to these transfer portal guys. Are they looking for NIL payouts as part of an agreement to come here? If you don't know or can't say, that's fine also.

I just meant in regards to these transfer portal guys. Are they looking for NIL payouts as part of an agreement to come here? If you don't know or can't say, that's fine also.
Oh my bad, totally misunderstood your question. But they are definitely are looking for NIL. I can't disclose any figures that have been thrown around but from what I know, it seems like we can offer more than what the portal guys were getting before.

Oh my bad, totally misunderstood your question. But they are definitely are looking for NIL. I can't disclose any figures that have been thrown around but from what I know, it seems like we can offer more than what the portal guys were getting before.
That's good to hear. I'm curious how it's all going to play out for recruits these days. Some will probably be like Rod Tidwell from Jerry Maguire,
iu

Some will probably be about location, facilities, playing time, roster makeup, etc.

Will players take less money for more playing time and better facilities? Or for a better chance of winning the NCAA tourney, even if they play sparse minutes? It's gonna be interesting.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
That's good to hear. I'm curious how it's all going to play out for recruits these days. Some will probably be like Rod Tidwell from Jerry Maguire,
iu

Some will probably be about location, facilities, playing time, roster makeup, etc.

Will players take less money for more playing time and better facilities? Or for a better chance of winning the NCAA tourney, even if they play sparse minutes? It's gonna be interesting.
I think you will find different kids fit in each of those categories

I think you will find different kids fit in each of those categories
Agreed. We typically won't be able to compete for the ones that are only about the money...unless we figure out the NIL stuff fast, and even then, it won't be for the top guys.

Maybe Keon's lips weigh 80 lbs. If this kid is more than 6'8 and weigh in at 216, something wrong with the measurements.
I don’t know. I think body type, agility, athleticism come into play if we are talking weight and height.

I’m guessing Stacey was 6-8, 200. Yes, he was skinny. But he played way bigger because of his abilities. Even George Ackles, what, 6-9, 210? Butler? 6-10, 215?

I don’t know. I think body type, agility, athleticism come into play if we are talking weight and height.

I’m guessing Stacey was 6-8, 200. Yes, he was skinny. But he played way bigger because of his abilities. Even George Ackles, what, 6-9, 210? Butler? 6-10, 215?
Stacey listed at 215. Ackles at 230. Butler, I think listed 220. Keon listed at 6'11 225. Larry listed at 6'7 250. Moses listed at 6'8 230. Ty Nesby listed at 6'6 215 Kevin Simmons listed at 6'8 230....just the top of my head

Those guys were dawgs and played rough basketball. No one went across the lane without a shove from Butler or Scurry. Augmon was good for an elbow clear out often during rebounds. Kids today are soft and the game has obviously changed a ton.

Last edited:
Cisse is not 7’1”.
According to OSU's website and ESPN he is. Most hoops players add 1-2" though, so maybe 6'-11

Stacey listed at 215. Ackles at 230. Butler, I think listed 220. Keon listed at 6'11 225. Larry listed at 6'7 250. Moses listed at 6'8 230. Ty Nesby listed at 6'6 215 Kevin Simmons listed at 6'8 230....just the top of my head
Those weights sound heavy for Augmon, Butler and Keon. More like 205, 210, and 215. They were all slender as hell but Augmon and Butler were tough as nails and could always be counted on to mix it up inside with much bulkier guys.

Those weights sound heavy for Augmon, Butler and Keon. More like 205, 210, and 215. They were all slender as hell but Augmon and Butler were tough as nails and could always be counted on to mix it up inside with much bulkier guys.
Ackles at 230 would have made him a beast. He was basically a taller Augmon.

It was also their attitude. They were so damn tough. Didn’t matter who they faced size wise.

All the weights he listed sound off by at least 10 lbs.

Ackles at 230 would have made him a beast. He was basically a taller Augmon.

It was also their attitude. They were so damn tough. Didn’t matter who they faced size wise.

All the weights he listed sound off by at least 10 lbs.
Funny thing is, even with those skinny dudes, I don’t think I recall any sportscaster or anybody else call them skinny. Instead it was athletic, long, tough. Skinny didn’t entire the vocabulary. But they were skinny.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT