ADVERTISEMENT

Help is on the way...

I agree he’s a better all around player than McCabe, no argument about that. However I don’t think Drake is the answer at PG. We need a TRUE PG with good Turnover to assist ratio. His poor ratio in the big west is worrisome.
The problem is there are not many of these players in the portal.

Guys, there is no right or wrong answer. I see Drake as the modern lead guard who can defend, run the pick and roll and move the ball. But what he can also do is attack off the bounce in the half court and his jumper is pure. It's a matter of preference.

Waddilove doing what he does best on twitter and claiming a really good point guard is interested in UNLV. Naturally he’s being extremely vague and can’t get into specifics because his “sources” wouldn’t like it.
It's not to hard to read.. he posted an article about the targets and also a few sub threads on potential guys. It's all about how the 4 big guys we're hearing coming to town work out, which will do wonders for attracting the final pieces. .. and I'm also pretty sure he's talking about Boswell from Arizona based on previous tweets

It's not to hard to read.. he posted an article about the targets and also a few sub threads on potential guys. It's all about how the 4 big guys we're hearing coming to town work out, which will do wonders for attracting the final pieces. .. and I'm also pretty sure he's talking about Boswell from Arizona based on previous tweets
Boswell is just pure speculation from his part. That’s all dependent on Nembhard going there and then forcing Boswell to want to transfer. Even if he does transfer I believe Illinois would have the best shot. Gets to go back home, they don’t have a real PG either.

Reactions: lobbybuu
Boswell is just pure speculation from his part. That’s all dependent on Nembhard going there and then forcing Boswell to want to transfer. Even if he does transfer I believe Illinois would have the best shot. Gets to go back home, they don’t have a real PG either.
The Boswell speculation is dumb to me. Arizona would play both of them at the same time and their transition game would be devastating. No one told me this so this isnt a fact, but I think Boswell would love playing with Nembhard.

The Boswell speculation is dumb to me. Arizona would play both of them at the same time and their transition game would be devastating. No one told me this so this isnt a fact, but I think Boswell would love playing with Nembhard.
I agree, it's all speculation... I'm just connecting dots of that thread...
Also while some agree they'd love to play together, we are in a world that is mostly now about "Me first" and having a guy come in who takes your spotlight at your best position and potentially minutes(depending on usage/play) makes the threat of transferring a potential

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Not saying Drake isn't or couldn't be our PG, I have not seen the video yet.

Just remember that we had a tall, athletic guard playing point that struggled with turnovers. And that severely limited our offense knee capped us against the press.

Drake is like Jordan McCabe but more athletic. Maybe, but JM had a lead leading A:TO ratio when he started. We have heard these comparisons before.

Not saying that Gilbert and Drake are the same player. But we often get into the game where we compare 2 players with always highlight how the new player may have the advantage and not even mention how the old player may be better.

He may be just what we are looking for. Either way I would like to land at least 1 full proof PG.

Drake Allen is interesting with his length. My concern going from WAC to MW is a big step up. We’ve seen more heralded WCC players be average when competing in the MW.

Drake Allen is interesting with his length. My concern going from WAC to MW is a big step up. We’ve seen more heralded WCC players be average when competing in the MW.
Darrion Trammel for SDSU transferred from the WAC and led them to the Championship game.

Reactions: billd99s
SDSU’s transfers from Seattle U didn’t do too bad!
Darrion went from 18 points a game in the WAC to 9.8 and 5 assists to 2.9. All of his percentages went down as well.

Drake Allen averaged 11 points and 3.7 assists.

Think he could help. Just hope he’s not starting for us. Seems to be a plus defender, which is good.

Does anyone remember Cody Doolin!? 😂

Drake doesn’t seem athletic enough to create on own. Hopefully we can get a starting PG who can!
Athletic enough? Please! How many time did Doolin break a player down in the half court and slam in traffic? Zero! In fact, I remember multiple times Keshon Gilbert last year attempting the same in the half court and couldn't flush and finish. Drake has bounce.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT