ADVERTISEMENT

Freshman of the year MWC

I really can't see how any other freshman would even be close to what he has done.
Toppin has had a very good year. Its arguable that DTJ had more of an effect on UNLV than he did for UNM, but statistically Toppin has been excellent for a freshman. However I also think the league media had a lot of indecision by splitting multiple awards.

Not sure why coaches even vote on these awards. Funny the USU coach said if one of his guys (not sure of the name) didnt win POY he'd never vote again, that guy he was talking about didnt win but one of his other players did. So the coaches POY wasnt even the USU coaches choice for POY from his own team.

Reactions: dcut03 and Trax0r
Toppin has had a very good year. Its arguable that DTJ had more of an effect on UNLV than he did for UNM, but statistically Toppin has been excellent for a freshman. However I also think the league media had a lot of indecision by splitting multiple awards.
Toppin did have a very good year, and a very good year in general for a freshman.

But considering DJ was our MVP, and UNLV was better in conference this year, his the impact isn't even close between the 2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT