ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Dave Rice Now!

Unlvfan2003

Walk On
Dec 30, 2015
How this moron can't see that Seagers is the worst point guard in the nation is beyond me . Also, how Ike starts is beyond me . Starting line-up should be
PG: Pat Mccaw
SG: Posyer
SF: Derrick Jones Jr
PF: Ben Carter
C: Stephen Zimmerman

Fresno St did absolutely nothing but foul the last 10 minutes and we don't win the game because our idiot coach isn't stressing boxing the freak out . Seagers can't dribble up the court without losing control of the ball and continues to screw up game after freaking game and the moron still continues to start and play him in crunch time. Those two freaking retarded transfers we got are worthless and would be better off not having them . Oh and the purest freaking point guard on our team Daquan Cook plays 3 minutes looks good and then never sees the court again , this guys 750K a year is stealing money from the University because any moron could do this shi*ty.

I'm officially on the fire rice wagon now as well.

How bad would it be to fire him and promote Stacey? If he does well...keep him unless we can get a big name coach...but I doubt we would ever pony up the bucks....

Anyone is better than Seagers , your telling me Poyser or Mccaw couldn't bring the ball up , they both do it half the freaking time anyways . So your suggestion is to keep the moron seagers as the starter. We obviously don't run any plays - look at the last freaking play , nothing called just let pm bring the ball up and try to do something .....no top 50 program coach doesn't have a 3 point play to run that the whole team knows how to run ..... And Seagears can't make a jump shot or a layup for that fact .....he travels , throws the ball away , gets 5 second calls , had to have the fans scream at him to hurry up at the end of the game or was gonna get a 10 second call - guy is a lost cause , he sucked at Rutgers and he sucks worse at UNLV!!

Reactions: natchampin2
First time on here in 2 years, but I just have to say WOW!!! incompetence as a coach is a compliment. Last year we start 9-4 going into the conference, we lose the first conference game in the same manner at home, 9-5 and 0-1 in the conference, then proceed to start 1-5 in the conference. I hope they don't continue on this path. I have to agree Seagars is out of control most the time, Nwamu touches the ball and shoots just about everytime and gets smoked of the dribble. EXHAUSTING watching this team play so bad and Rice stands there like a deer in the headlights.

Fire this lame excuse for a HC. First conference game and the team comes out with no energy, REALLY!!! We have seen this picture before, it is a rerun, his teams get worse through every season. There is so much more but what is the use anymore.

Last edited:
I fully agree 100% and why is Morgan a starter let alone jacking up 3's???? And why is that play before Where The Heck Went Patrick Mccaw put up a horrible 3 was Seagars who has been sucking wind all night jacking up a 3 when Poyser just hit his last 2 3's is nowhere? Why wouldn't you make that play for him man Come on Man. WoW is the coaching bad. And to boot we have the worst free throw percentage in the conference and probably a bottom feeder in the league. Sad day for the program.

PM has disappeared. I would start JP at point, DC backing him up and move Seagars to the 2 spot.

IT IS DISGUSTING BRAND OF BASKETBALL AND NOTHING IS GETTING THROUGH TO THESE PRIMADONNAS!!!IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PLAY HARD, WATCH THE GAME WITH THE CHEERLEADERS..Your a disgrace to the name on your Jersey.

How this moron can't see that Seagers is the worst point guard in the nation is beyond me . Also, how Ike starts is beyond me . Starting line-up should be
PG: Pat Mccaw
SG: Posyer
SF: Derrick Jones Jr
PF: Ben Carter
C: Stephen Zimmerman

Fresno St did absolutely nothing but foul the last 10 minutes and we don't win the game because our idiot coach isn't stressing boxing the freak out . Seagers can't dribble up the court without losing control of the ball and continues to screw up game after freaking game and the moron still continues to start and play him in crunch time. Those two freaking retarded transfers we got are worthless and would be better off not having them . Oh and the purest freaking point guard on our team Daquan Cook plays 3 minutes looks good and then never sees the court again , this guys 750K a year is stealing money from the University because any moron could do this shi*ty.
Mccaw has seemed to have left the building so start Cook a real point guard
Poyser yes yes yes yes yes
Jones yes yes yes
Carter hell yeah
Zim double hell yeah

I agree..... I have stated and seen from day one Seagears is not the player you want running this team. He is a step slow, clueless how to run off the screens, hesitates on all entry passes when bigs get posted, weak on D as well.

Another player that Rice plays way to much is Ike. Yes he has hit some 3's but he is not a team player at all, and worst is his defense, he does not play hard D, his guy always gets around him easily.

It baffles me that Rice doesn't see it.

I made the comment at half time. You could just see there was no urgency, care or excitement in the players during half time warm up. They looked bored to death and just half a$$ did their lay ups. No intense mind set at all.

Embrassed and depressed. I like Rice a lot and really wanted him to succeed but i just cant take this anymore. We cant deny the facts any longer.

They look bored and not interested but at the end of the day they know theirs no consequences for anything that they do . That is why Ike shoots anytime and from anywhere , plays no defense and at the next game he is back in their as a starter . Dave Rice doesn't even know how to yell at players . The Fresno St coach yells at his players when they screwed up .....Dave Rice just stands there and claps his freaking hands like it's okay you turn the ball over all year , it's okay you jack up stupid a$$ threes , just look at Zimmerman , along with every other player show's no respect for his moron coach and as well they shouldn't because he's got no nuts to be a head coach - he needs to be an assistant coach / head recruiter cause everyone likes the guy that will tell you what you want to hear ....how you recruits the talent he does is beyond me because any kid with half a brain can see this guy is one of the worst coaches is college basketball , needs to goto his brother and learn how to coach cause he doesn't have a freaking clue, but we messed up and should've hired Reggie Theus or anyone else that will hold players accountable and not just sit their like a freaking dork and clap his hands together for stupid mistakes

Interesting to note _ although the crowd at the T&M was a bit undersized they were into it.....I think the Rebels lost a huge chunk of fans again tonight. BAD LOSS.

If Seagears is starting next game ..... they should hand Rice his pink slip at tip off.

I would not be surprised if Rice offered his resignation. He bleeds Rebel red and seems like a guy who would do what's best for the program. He has to have it in his head that he may not be head coach material. Whatever he's doing it just isn't translating into the tough, confident, hard-nosed, pressure defense, fast-breaking teams we all hoped for.

This game was on the players not Rice. Poor ball protection and no one blocking out on a free throw at the end of the game. Come on.
Rice is the coach, he should be sitting people when they don't do their jobs or chucking up 3's when the other team has 7 players with 4 fouls, he did not force the issue of geting it down low and fouling out the Fresno starters. Rice is the person who needs to inspire and motivate, Rice is the decision maker, they looked as if they did not care, it was like a pickup game. I supported Rice for 4 years, it is time he should be held accountable. If you can't get your guys up for the start of the conference season at home against another 9-4 team, you have leadership issues. Rice will never be successful as a HC. I agree it is on the players, but without accountbility it is on the coach.

Rice is the person who needs to inspire and motivate, Rice is the decision maker, they looked as if they did not care, it was like a pickup game. I supported Rice for 4 years, it is time he should be held accountable. If you can't get your guys up for the start of the conference season at home against another 9-4 team, you have leadership issues. Rice will never be successful as a HC. I agree it is on the players, but without accountbility it is on the coach.
I agree it is about accountability. The players need to be accountable. The crowd couldn't motivate these kids how is Rice supposed to. I agree you sit the player when he is not following the game plan, but sometimes the game flow doesn't allow that. These players have the talent but don't seem to have the fight. Some of that comes from Rice but most of it has to come from the individual.

Rice is the HC and with that comes the responsibility of the success and failures. If you're the CEO of a large corporation and the company continues to under perform and operate in the red, you make a change.

Personally I think TKM should cut her losses and remove or reassign Rice effective immediately and name Ryan Miller interim HC for the remainder of the season. How much worse can he do?

Rice is the HC and with that comes the responsibility of the success and failures. If you're the CEO of a large corporation and the company continues to under perform and operate in the red, you make a change.

Personally I think TKM should cut her losses and remove or reassign Rice effective immediately and name Ryan Miller interim HC for the remainder of the season. How much worse can he do?
good idea and watch all of this year's players transfer and lose all of next year's recruits.

Last edited:
Reactions: LVKryptonite

So many people I know including myself, have said the same exact thing. It will probably get better if that change was made. Same results this year as last year, many different players, same behaviors. I would like to see Miller take over and see what happens. We are not going anywhere this season without a change. If she keeps Rice I see at best a 19 win season, maybe 18. We suck on the road, we could lose to CSU, Boise State might be 2 loses, Utah State on the road a loss, SDSU questionable but the coaching might be the difference we get at least 1 loss, maybe 2. and big L at Fresno, New Mexico is horrible but play good at home, another possible L, Will we choke at Reno? . I can't believe we are 9-5, at worst we should be 11-3.

This administration has put the loyal fans of UNLV through hell. It is a wonder that the T&M was even half full. They have killed our Hoops program by holding on to this imposter! TKM should be fired if she does not address this immediately.

YYup a
good idea and watch all of this year's players transfer and lose all of next year's recruits.
Does it matter? They won't all leave many of them are here because of the assistant coaches. They need a leader not a friend who let's them do what they want with no consequences. Rice could coach for the next 5 years and continue getting top recruiting classes, the same results will occur. You have to look at the results and actions at some point in time. This is not working, 5 years of this. What will we lose? Without accountability you have nothing. He is gone after this season, so why not do it now and see if Miller can be the guy, maybe you will keep the players and recruits. No risk, No reward!

What good does it do to have a Ferrari in the garage if you don't know how to drive?
Right on the money. Why continue to hold the team hostage because of what players MIGHT do. That is a chicken S**t way to run anything, It is like saying I won't fire an employee for stealing because I am afraid some customers won't come back. It is a decision that must be made.

I agree it is about accountability. The players need to be accountable. The crowd couldn't motivate these kids how is Rice supposed to. I agree you sit the player when he is not following the game plan, but sometimes the game flow doesn't allow that. These players have the talent but don't seem to have the fight. Some of that comes from Rice but most of it has to come from the individual.

You are joking right? The crowd couldn't motivate the players. Lol

I've defended Rice for 4 years now. Thinking each year it's the players not listening to him. I can see having a year or 2 like that. It's every year with Rice, different players same results.
This group of kids don't lack caring and coach ability.

If anyone could not see that it was all coaching in those last 5 minutes are clueless. How do you let your pg stand 40 feet from basket and dribble out shot clock possession aftet possion when other team, every player has 4 fouls??? You communicate to your PG to attack!!!! If he doesn't u pull him!!! Instead leave him.in, does same thing over and over, call a TO down by 1 and draws up a deep in corner 3 for Seagears. Lol. WOW.

Sorry for all the typo's driving down the 95 as I type this. I know, not a good idea. But still frustrated by the game.

Most of these kids were recruited by Miller and Simon. Rice is being out coached in all the important games. Everytime!

I had my eye on the bench and DJ was sulking constantly and Augmon had to go talk to him.

When the players were coming into the game they all had to ask three or four times to their head coach who they were replacing. I kept thinking how could Rice not have already instructed them.

Way to much indecision.

I firmly believe now that he is not a head coach at this level and I am sorry to say he will not be getting my support this next year if he remains. Of course if some miraculous turn around happens and we win the conference and the tourney and win a couple games in the NCAA tourney then I will continue to support him.

I like what someone said that maybe they should make the change soon if it doesn't get better. I would take Miller as a young coach to step in. I don't know about Stacey yet as a head coach. But Miller I like.

Disgusting

I always want to have the best horses in the stable. Not one guy on Fresno would make our rotation. We wouldn't even recruit them. So....how do we lose to that...The jockey.

From what I hear, it could be mid season the dismissal... But I really don't know if Miller (suggested as interim HC to me) would be better. I have no idea if Stacey is any better. I always wonder if the grass is greener. I hated watching Kruger at some points. But when I look at OK...I look with pangs of jealousy and what might've could've been. Can you imagine Kruger at the helm of our studs?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT