ADVERTISEMENT

Enough Already

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
Dave just needs to make some simple changes. Poyser and Cook at the point. They are the only 2 on the team that resemble a point guard and they both WANT TO PLAY. Let McCaw, Cornish, Ike, Seagers and Jones battle it out for the 2 wing spots. Who wants to play, defend and put the team first. Step up to the plate gentlemen.

Start Carter. He needs 30 plus minutes a game as does Poyser. Some of Poyser's minutes should come on the wing and not necessarily come out just because Cook comes in. If Cook turns into the point guard we hoped he would when he came here that would be a nice little back court. Under penalty of death do not feed the ball to Morgan.

Bring in Andrew Price from the football team to push Zimmerman around in practice and toughen him up.

Now that I'm thinking about it let's start Cook and Poyser and let those other 4 or 5 guys fight it out for the other wing. If they can't cut it here they can't cut it anywhere. How bad do you want it? Bad Enough?

Mix in a little zone from time to time and let's go on a winning streak and storm our way into the dance!

Pretty much spot on. Rice's failure to bench these seniors that are hurting the team will ultimately cost him his job.

Reactions: natchampin2
I still think his downfall is the type of players he has recruited. 5 star and 4 star one and done type players who aren't hungry and either go "pro" or transfer and disgruntled D 1 transfer players that have already had issues at other schools.

If he recruited 3 and 4 star players who would stay for 4 years and got hungry juco transfers I think he'd have much more success. Then bring in one 5 star caliber player to be the star

Hey Poster, it's amazing what a change in attitude can do. It may be that simple and it may not but going with a bunch of entitled prima donnas hasn't worked out so well. Same goes for Zimm. If he can't get tough and fight for position down in the blocks and not get run over by 6 ft guards then sit him down till he wants it bad enough to fight for it. All I am saying is I want some Rebels out there that are gonna fight start to finish.

My favorite Tark team was his last one. No tourney hopes, nothing to play for but their coach and pride. Can't remember off hand what the record was that year. Maybe something like 26-2. Attitude and pride!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT