ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Wood will be a rebel,..

hispanic_boy_crossing_fingers_bld034323.jpg

I am still predicting he goes pro. He seems to have been going back and forth with these teasing tweets for awhile, I think he just enjoys it.

Would be very surprised after a tweet like that if he declares. Think C Wood has more class than that. I wouldn't have blamed him at all for declaring knowing you are a first round pick but, to throw a tweet out like that days before deadline and not stay wouldn't be his style. He is pumping up the Rebel fans and this community for something special to come!!!!!

I agree the guy is a true rebel, if it wasn't obvious him committing 2 years before officially stepping on to campus.

It doesn't look like an official image, but it's nice it came from Wood. I think he may end up staying afterall.

"UNLV sophomore Christian Wood has decided to return for junior season, forgoing the NBA Draft, sources tell RealGM. Possible first rounder." Shams Charania

Last edited:
Reactions: khokhol8
Joe mentioned something on the other board that makes sence, reporting is so one posted (news) meaning one post and they run with it. I will say for some reason I have always been optimistic. Part of it was a tweet I posted on the other board too that kind of gave me a better feeling about everything. Obviously nobody know till HE says it, but I still feel good in a completely opinionated way.

Here was that tweet:

CW has 5 days before the deadline. Seriously hope he stays, I think it would be mutually beneficial.

1. Christian Wood@Chriswood_5
    4m4 minutes ago
    If you couldn't watch the video i am entering my name in the 2015 NBA Draft
    0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...christian-wood-to-enter-2015-nba-draft-video/

Total xxxxxxxx move for Wood to tease us all like that with his Twitter post. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before--a player posting himself in his current team's uniforms with the new players behind him...and then telling us all to go **** ourselves hours later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope he had a good laugh seeing all the Rebels fans get excited that he may be coming back......what a bunch of fools Nice call Rebelluver.

XXXX move CW. Most people would've been fine and even supportive of your decision but wow, what a xxxx move.

Reactions: UNLVFansincebirth22
From what I hear he was 50/50 as of yesterday, it's a tough decision for a person to make. If you watch the video he thanks all of the fans and Vegas. Let's not get classless and turn on him. He is a Rebel and always will be. In case you forgot:

Rebel born
Rebel bred
Rebel till the day I'm dead

From what I hear he was 50/50 as of yesterday, it's a tough decision for a person to make. If you watch the video he thanks all of the fans and Vegas. Let's not get classless and turn on him. He is a Rebel and always will be. In case you forgot:

Rebel born
Rebel bred
Rebel till the day I'm dead

Yeah, it's a tough decision to make. I don't think anybody here is denying that. The problem is that the video was obviously professionally done and, therefore, made a while ago--which means Wood knew this whole time he was declaring. The issue here is that he tweets out a pic of himself in a Rebel uniform with the new guys and then hours later announces the decision he obviously already made a while back (again, as evidenced by the professionally-made announcement video). That's honestly one of the xxxxxxxx moves I've ever seen...and I've seen a lot of xxxxxxxxx.

Classless move after the pictures. Best of luck to him. To hate on him after the way he went about it would be hypocritical and equally as classless. Always a Rebel!

He has been playing us for two months now. How could there not be some type of backlash? There are consequences for certain actions with an already fueled and energetic fan base. He is just going to have to live with it. Certain actions=certain consequences He an adult so i'm sure he can take it. He is going to have to take it.

Reactions: tarkaniancourt...nm
He was clowning the whole time. Wish him the best, but I feel the teaser's he tweeted were shots at the critics, while the polished video announcement was to the program as a whole.

Last edited:
Hope he gets drafted to a good team and does well. I will still root him on in the NBA but do feel a bit like Rebel fans are the butt of a joke by him

Haven't watched the video nor care to. Frustrating cause you want to wish the kid all the best but, he basically played the fans, coaching staff, and all those that supported him in this community. Vaughn did it with class. Seems like Rice has recruited a different type of kid lately, thank goodness. I use to be critical of Rice but, now seeing type of kids he was dealing with. Been a Rebel fan for 35 years and don't ever remember actually thinking what a douchebag when a player declared or left the program as much as i have the past two years. Sucks cause you want to support and cheer for any Rebel.

He was clowning the whole time. Wish him the best, but I feel the teaser's he tweeted were shots at the critics, while the polished video announcement was to the program as a whole.

He was playing a bunch of "experts" that know all about UNLV basketball players, and who sometimes follow the players in flat-out creepy ways. Well played, Chris, I applaud you, and best of luck in your NBA career!

Yeah that stung, was really hoping that went the other way. Sorry for the tweet posts. But hey, I think we have something brewing and will be a good and fun team to watch this season.

He was playing a bunch of "experts" that know all about UNLV basketball players, and who sometimes follow the players in flat-out creepy ways. Well played, Chris, I applaud you, and best of luck in your NBA career!

According to your theory, then, he did this by using UNLV fans as props. But, I mean, that's cool...right???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT