ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Wood will be a rebel,..

19 shouldn't be confused with 14. He's an adult, not a child though you wouldn't know it based on his Twitter feed

I wish him the best of luck. Always a Rebel. Maybe the pic was a nod to the team this season. I enjoyed the video, and it was definitely directed toward the love for the fan base.

I wonder if he put that picture on there just to get back at his critics. People were constantly criticizing him during the season, calling him lazy even though he showed so much improvement. This could have been his way of getting back at those people.

I agree with with you, it was a classless way to go about things and he should expect to get backlash. I don't care how old he is, a 14 year old would know that is the wrong way to handle it. I didn't even know that Rice found out by text message until hearing that.

It will sound like sour grapes now, but personally I never cared for his attitude. Ever since it was reported that during halftime of a game in which he had a poor first half, he told Rice not to worry he was going to come out and play hard in the second. That is ridiculous to me.

He better change that attitude fast or he will get eaten alive in the NBA. Those are men out there playing and he is obviously still a kid. He thinks he is a Kevin Durant type player and he is not, so unless he puts on a lot of muscle and gets better inside he is going to be warming a seat at the end of a bench.

I agree with with you, it was a classless way to go about things and he should expect to get backlash. I don't care how old he is, a 14 year old would know that is the wrong way to handle it. I didn't even know that Rice found out by text message until hearing that.

It will sound like sour grapes now, but personally I never cared for his attitude. Ever since it was reported that during halftime of a game in which he had a poor first half, he told Rice not to worry he was going to come out and play hard in the second. That is ridiculous to me.

He better change that attitude fast or he will get eaten alive in the NBA. Those are men out there playing and he is obviously still a kid. He thinks he is a Kevin Durant type player and he is not, so unless he puts on a lot of muscle and gets better inside he is going to be warming a seat at the end of a bench.

Exactly. Everybody excusing him for doing it the way he did is using the excuse that "He's just a kid". Well, he's making a man's decision and entering into a man's world in the NBA, so it's time to act like a professional...and crying out for adoration on Twitter from the fans who have supported you this entire time by teasing them with the possibility you might return--when you obviously never had that intention--is a slap in the face.

Reactions: ThailandReb
All of these players going pro early are around the same age and nobody else is doing that. That is a very poor excuse.

It is almost as bad as the one where he is only doing it to get back at the critics. So the mentality on that version is don't worry about the fans that supported you, to hell with them, I am going to mess with the minds of the ones that didn't like me anyway?

All of these players going pro early are around the same age and nobody else is doing that. That is a very poor excuse.

It is almost as bad as the one where he is only doing it to get back at the critics. So the mentality on that version is don't worry about the fans that supported you, to hell with them, I am going to mess with the minds of the ones that didn't like me anyway?

Yep. Totally agree. That's what I brought up in an earlier rebuttal to a post like that when I said, basically, that it's not okay to do that when you're using UNLV fans as props.

Rashad did it the right way.

i would have a few words about Ed G, but i'd probably get banned. i will never read another of his "articles". i will say though, if i ever run into him at a Taco Bell, i will kick the **** out of him.

.I'm going to assume that Wood was as yet undecided when he posted the picture that got you all worked up over his decision.But I opt to remember Chris for the many contributions he made to Rebel basketball. He easily could have chosen to go to a school with a (current) higher-profile than UNLV.

The draft projections which I've seen are predicting his selection with the 30th pick. Not a lottery-pick, but still first round. Last year the 30th pick was Kyle Anderson out of UCLA to the Spurs. He is currently earning $1.094 million dollars. Who among you could walk away from that? What if he were to suffer a catastrophic injury? It could all go away in an instant.

I thank Chris for his service to the Scarlet & Gray. I hope he represents the school well at the next level.

Seriously, get over it guys! Also, no one addresses what is is like being in his shoes because you have no clue--not one of you do but then again you can criticize how easy this decision was. Look at LeBron--Best in the NBA and he still is making disastrous media decisions--So Chris becoming a professional is a weak argument. Get off his back. He's leaving, end of story. Now get excited for next season and the players staying and coming in!!!

Reactions: GoRebs!
Seriously, get over it guys! Also, no one addresses what is is like being in his shoes because you have no clue--not one of you do but then again you can criticize how easy this decision was. Look at LeBron--Best in the NBA and he still is making disastrous media decisions--So Chris becoming a professional is a weak argument. Get off his back. He's leaving, end of story. Now get excited for next season and the players staying and coming in!!!

Dude...relax. Nobody here is criticizing the move, its HOW HE WENT ABOUT IT that is worthy of the criticism. Going pro was the best move for him--no denying that. Crying out for adoration on Twitter by teasing a fan base who has supported you your entire college career by hinting that you may possibly return--when you had no intention of doing so--is a xxxxxx move.

That's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's easy to say Chris Wood could have handled the announcement better. He is young, and hopefully he will learn from this. I hold no animosity towards him, because while I am a fan of UNLV Athletics, I do not live vicariously through these 17-24 year olds. I do not recall Chris EVER saying he was going to stay at UNLV for another year. Rather, people were trying to read into the posts he was making on Twitter. I wish Chris the best going forward, and had fun watching him play the past 2 seasons at UNLV.

As far as draft projections, I've seen Chris as high as 20th. He will likely go somewhere in the 20-30 range, which is 1st round, 3 year GUARANTEED contract, and first year minimum base salary of $900,000+. I'm going to share a few mock drafts from the last 2 days.

http://sportswire.usatoday.com/2015/04/27/2015-nba-mock-draft-4-0-emanuel-mudiay-karl-anthony-towns-new-york-knicks-jahlil-okafor-frank-kaminsky-los-angeles-lakers-sam-dekker-boston-celtics/ (#20 by Toronto)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...draft-examining-where-top-prospects-will-land (#23 by Portland)

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2015/ (#23 by Portland)

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/04/27/nb...il-okafor-justise-winslow-timberwolves-knicks (#26 by San Antonio)

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRebel4Life
It's easy to say Chris Wood could have handled the announcement better. He is young, and hopefully he will learn from this. I hold no animosity towards him, because while I am a fan of UNLV Athletics, I do not live vicariously through these 17-24 year olds. I do not recall Chris EVER saying he was going to stay at UNLV for another year. Rather, people were trying to read into the posts he was making on Twitter. I wish Chris the best going forward, and had fun watching him play the past 2 seasons at UNLV.

As far as draft projections, I've seen Chris as high as 20th. He will likely go somewhere in the 20-30 range, which is 1st round, 3 year GUARANTEED contract, and first year minimum base salary of $900,000+. I'm going to share a few mock drafts from the last 2 days.

http://sportswire.usatoday.com/2015/04/27/2015-nba-mock-draft-4-0-emanuel-mudiay-karl-anthony-towns-new-york-knicks-jahlil-okafor-frank-kaminsky-los-angeles-lakers-sam-dekker-boston-celtics/ (#20 by Toronto)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...draft-examining-where-top-prospects-will-land (#23 by Portland)

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2015/ (#23 by Portland)

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/04/27/nb...il-okafor-justise-winslow-timberwolves-knicks (#26 by San Antonio)

LOL. Theres NO WAY Popp picks up this guy. NOT SPURS MATERIAL.

.I'm going to assume that Wood was as yet undecided when he posted the picture that got you all worked up over his decision.But I opt to remember Chris for the many contributions he made to Rebel basketball. He easily could have chosen to go to a school with a (current) higher-profile than UNLV.

The draft projections which I've seen are predicting his selection with the 30th pick. Not a lottery-pick, but still first round. Last year the 30th pick was Kyle Anderson out of UCLA to the Spurs. He is currently earning $1.094 million dollars. Who among you could walk away from that? What if he were to suffer a catastrophic injury? It could all go away in an instant.

I thank Chris for his service to the Scarlet & Gray. I hope he represents the school well at the next level.

I really hate hearing the injury excuse. Yes if he woulda stashed another year he could have gotten hurt and his draft stock may have fell. There's is other ways to look at it since it's all guessing anyway. What if he had a career ending injury in the NBA this season? If he would have stayed he could have averaged 25 n 10, been a lottery pick, and went on to be a multiple time all-star pick in the NBA.

I'm not saying that would have happened but it's just as realistic as him staying and having a career ruining injury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT