ADVERTISEMENT

Big guys

saulpaul21

UNLV Hall of Fame
Apr 18, 2006
Seems rebels are getting fairly set at guard and wing positions. Big guys are another question? Any word on which transfers portal players coming back and any new recruits?

Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua announced on Monday that he is leaving UNLV and transferring to Baylor.

Good luck to him. Hopefully we can pick up a transfer to fit our system. We will have to get used to an offense that is completely different than what we've seen the past few years. That's fine with me.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Surprised Baylor would take jtt. At this time Baylor way better program than unlv and jtt was marginal for unlv

JTT was a raw freshman last year. With a redshirt year, and maturation, to get better, Baylor may see the upside.

Reactions: dcut03
Surprised Baylor would take jtt. At this time Baylor way better program than unlv and jtt was marginal for unlv
If you can coach players up, you look at JTT, raw but athletic, a year RS and just working hard at his game, he could be something in 2 years.

JTT was a raw freshman last year. With a redshirt year, and maturation, to get better, Baylor may see the upside.

Fred Hoiberg also offered JTT. So he gets offers to play in both the Big 12 and he BIG.

Reactions: NSU67
Currently there are three spaces left and 4 players in the transfer. If the two players that are visiting take two of the spaces, that would leave only 1 space. If the players want to take the risk in the transfer, it is possible that one of them could be left on the outside looking in when everything is finished.

What do you think having two transfers visiting this weekend is? Screw the players that are still holding out to transfer!

The guys coming in this weekend are guards. We desperately need some height. Can’t run if u can’t get the ball

No pun intended, but that is big! I would love to see Joel stay also but he needs to do what he thinks is best.

No pun intended, but that is big! I would love to see Joel stay also but he needs to do what he thinks is best.
Agree with this totally. No inside knowledge here but there is no doubt in my mind that Diong is well liked by his teammates and could be instrumental in swaying Joel back to UNLV if he doesn’t turn pro. My feeling on him has been that he either goes pro or stays because there is no reason to transfer and sit a year if he is already thinking about turning pro and making a living. I may be in the minority but I would love to see Beck stick around, he could fit in well with OTZ.

Back to Diong. Some seem to think he hadn’t progressed enough from his freshman year but I heartily disagree. Of course some of his defensive stats went down year 2 because he had to be more selective in trying to swat shots, he couldn’t stay on the court for more than 5 minutes without fouling out his Freshman year. Offensively he started putting it together toward the end of the year.

Don’t laugh but I think he has one of the sweetest strokes on the team and I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts knocking down some 3’s this year in this system.

I fully expect Diong to be playing in the NBA. I'm seeing some Keon Clark in Diong's game, without all the baggage. Remember, when we got Keon he was a Junior? Diong is going to be a Junior now, right? Diong is going to be a player.

Agree with this totally. No inside knowledge here but there is no doubt in my mind that Diong is well liked by his teammates and could be instrumental in swaying Joel back to UNLV if he doesn’t turn pro. My feeling on him has been that he either goes pro or stays because there is no reason to transfer and sit a year if he is already thinking about turning pro and making a living. I may be in the minority but I would love to see Beck stick around, he could fit in well with OTZ.

Back to Diong. Some seem to think he hadn’t progressed enough from his freshman year but I heartily disagree. Of course some of his defensive stats went down year 2 because he had to be more selective in trying to swat shots, he couldn’t stay on the court for more than 5 minutes without fouling out his Freshman year. Offensively he started putting it together toward the end of the year.

Don’t laugh but I think he has one of the sweetest strokes on the team and I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts knocking down some 3’s this year in this system.

Hope you're right about Diong being a factor in getting Ntambwe back. I was hoping we'd get Grill just for some quality depth but getting Ntambwe back would be a bigger win for us. We'd have a chance to be competitive in the upper half of the conference with Ntambwe and Diong back.

Mbacke a is staying. 2; scholorships left who gets them?

This is such great news. The Rebels now have a starting and back up center. This season may not be as much of a frustrating rebuilding year as I originally thought.

It looks like UNLV will finish off the season with losing at most 3 players. Typically most teams lose 2-3 players every year to transfers. It looks like UNLV will be at least as good or better in regards to players then last year, and depending on who the last two players are that UNLV gets, they could end up as an upgrade. Now the question will be how good a coach TJ ends up being?

We were losing more players during the Dave Rice years.
That was very problematic and at the heart of the issues.

Even more problematic is we are losing a lot more games now. And even more problematic, we lost 6-7-8k butts in seats. More problematic, losing games at home. More problematic, losing 27 games by double digits in 3 years. More problematic? We shied away from playing real teams and we haven’t beat anybody worth anything for quite some time. There WAS the win at UNR where they were without two starters. Hooray.

I fully expect Diong to be playing in the NBA. I'm seeing some Keon Clark in Diong's game, without all the baggage. Remember, when we got Keon he was a Junior? Diong is going to be a Junior now, right? Diong is going to be a player.
Dude are you serious? I see nothing but another 4 year guy..

Why is Jenkins taking so long? He said decision was going to be 2-3 days after our last visit.

Gonzaga has no scholarships unless some guys stay in nba draft.

Is that what he is waiting for?

Why is Jenkins taking so long? He said decision was going to be 2-3 days after our last visit.

Gonzaga has no scholarships unless some guys stay in nba draft.

Is that what he is waiting for?
I was expecting his decision to come today or tomorrow. Feeling good about this one.

I am super surprised Shakur has not announced anywhere with some high majors losing key pieces to nba draft.

I do searches on internet and find a couple visits awhile back but nothing recent. What could be going on with him?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT