ADVERTISEMENT

BIG and SEC to raid ACC and BIG 12?

TimothyC3

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Don’t know how credible. But this was tweeted by Swaim today.

Could be the opportunity OSU and WSU are praying for.

I wonder who will pay the exit fees at the ACC?.

Reactions: dcut03
The Big12 is going to have to restock/overstock for self preservation. I think the ACC will fail similar to the PAC (this destroys a Pac12 rebirth). Our recent football success couldn't have come at a better time. Without it, there would have been absolutely no hope for us. The Big12 will inevitably fail as well, but until then, sitting in the 3rd most powerful conference is going to be fun. What's truly crazy is Utah and BYU are 2, near the top of the list, that are most likely be poached from the Big12. BYU will have no other option but to throw away their Sunday clause and ND has to affiliate or bust as well.

This is going to get very interesting and fun to watch. We're literally watching the death of the NCAA.

Reactions: TimothyC3
When this happens it shouldn't be a shock the writing has been on the wall.

AFC(BIG)/NFC(SEC) divisions in CFB. With a couple of 2nd tier leagues made up of the remaining schools.
Probably in short term. Longer term I don't see traditional conferences. What the big CFB schools now are doing isn't much different from the push to create a new superleague in Soccer. I can also see promotion/relegation being in the mix down the road.

Until they figure out a way around those 500 mil exit fees per school. I just don't see the ACC changing anytime soon.

If they do? Look out.

That being said, I don't think there are many schools in the ACC that everyone wants. There will be a few for sure. But I don't think that the B1G and SEC are looking for mouths to feed unless it raises the bottom line for all. Only 2-3 schools can do that.

I see the remaining schools trying an alliance with a PAC or PACWest, and/or trying to merge with the AAC.

I don't see how having 2 mega conferences last more than a few years... what's the point in having 2 conferences with 18-20 teams and making it sustainable for all involved.
I believe the reason is to be able to limit competition to demand more media payments.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I have no inside information, but share my thoughts. I do not believe that the Big 10 and SEC will break off from the NCAA in the short term. There are too many major powerful schools and entire states that would be excluded. Given the money involved and the fact that most, if not all, Big 10 and SEC schools are both tax exempt and receive federal funding, such a move could trigger Congressional hearings, a trillion dollar antitrust lawsuit, involvement by state legislatures, boycotts, and pushes to remove the tax exempt status of Big 10 and SEC universities. Instead, they will provide enough crumbs to satisfy those outside of the two strongest conferences. This also keeps a larger set of potential viewers. University of Utah's (my alma mater) endgame should be the Big 10. In the short term, I believe that UNLV will end up in the Pac whatever, the Big 12, or the best of the rest conference, with a chance long term of the SEC if they really get their act together.

I believe the reason is to be able to limit competition to demand more media payments.
I think ultimately these large sports package deals like ESPN, that are forced into cable packages and other deals for those who have no interest in sports, will ultimately be pushed out the door by legislation. In the long run I think the amount of money they are getting will slowly dry up.

Cable is done, I give it 5-10 yrs max, everything is streaming. NFL got 120 million I believe for 1 playoff game, streaming.

FSU court case will determine if ACC dies quickly.

I don't see SEC or BIG 10 wanting any of Big 12.

Fighting Irish is Big fish for big ten, I see UNC, UVA, GT, Miami, want big cities in Miami/Atlanta and want NC market and UVA academics is important.

SEC: will florida want FSU in conference same for SCarolina with Clemson, egos matter and killing FSU/Clemson at same time, but them going to BIG 12?

Hoops don't matter at all, it's all football, and big 12 has nothing!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Not saying this guy is right or wrong, but he throws so much .... against the wall to see if it sticks. He's bound to be right some of the time (eventually).
He is 100% full of it. He predicts one thing one day and something different the next day. He has ZERO connections or inside info.
Just looking for clicks an relevancy

Reactions: bcvegaspt
It's Money vs. Money and Money is favored to win by a lot of $$$$$.
Fight Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Who are these 2 🤡's 👆 ? Looks like Sleepy Joe putting 2 Pump Chump to Sleep! Lol
WTF? Looks like the Canadian FB League from the banners?

Found it. From 2011, and including the late Joe Kapp? Too bad the video won't load.

Got the video.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT