ADVERTISEMENT

Are we good

Vice needs to come to be that extra body. Keylan is a good player but he would get bodied in the post by any PF that has a big bag in the paint.

Hill is better suited for that even though he is a bit shorter.

Vice needs to come to be that extra body. Keylan is a good player but he would get bodied in the post by any PF that has a big bag in the paint.

Hill is better suited for that even though he is a bit shorter.
Any word on the PG position? I know it's wait and see on our local PG, but what the portal PG being discussed?

Mutual interest between Ruffin and the staff. Staff hasn't talked to Drake Allen or DJ Davis in awhile.
Is it a high mutual interest like a possible match for both sides? Dedan would be great, but what if we wait and Dedan does not commit to UNLV and we lose Ruffin.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Is it a high mutual interest like a possible match for both sides? Dedan would be great, but what if we wait and Dedan does not commit to UNLV and we lose Ruffin.
If that happens then we are in a bad spot. Any PG that is interested in UNLV and anyone that UNLV contacts understands that Dedan is the priority and this is even more true now.

We are putting even more of a full press on for Dedan and its do or die right now.

I don't get Ruffin. He only played 11 games last year. And averaged less than half of each of those games. He can't shoot the three. If he was what we want don't you think he would be getting more time? Playing more games?

I don't get Ruffin. He only played 11 games last year. And averaged less than half of each of those games. He can't shoot the three. If he was what we want don't you think he would be getting more time? Playing more games?
An injury ended his freshman year and he had some family issues pop up last season. The limited amount of games is not because he was benched or didnt play because he wasn't good to get PT.

He is good to go now.

An injury ended his freshman year and he had some family issues pop up last season. The limited amount of games is not because he was benched or didnt play because he wasn't good to get PT.

He is good to go now.
Ruffin is a former McDonalds AA and top 50 talent. We should be stumbling all over ourselves to sign this kid. He’s small but a tremendous talent. We need to improve talent across the board.

I’d rather have 6’4 at the PG with some experience and better than average shooting, but hey that’s crazy right?!

Reactions: WarthogRebel
If that happens then we are in a bad spot. Any PG that is interested in UNLV and anyone that UNLV contacts understands that Dedan is the priority and this is even more true now.

We are putting even more of a full press on for Dedan and its do or die right now.

Another big program enters the picture
Bruh, we’re f’d. It was nice knowing Dedan Jr.

I believe he was ininjured
I’d rather have 6’4 at the PG with some experience and better than average shooting, but hey that’s crazy right?!
Right now I just hope we get one of the three . We need a PG before there our none.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Ruffin is a former McDonalds AA and top 50 talent. We should be stumbling all over ourselves to sign this kid. He’s small but a tremendous talent. We need to improve talent across the board.
I’d much rather have Ruffin over Allen, give me a former McDonald’s AA coming down from the SEC over a kid coming up from the WAC
Glad to see that some people agree with me lol

Drake and Ruffin assist stats are not great both about the same 3.5 a game. They both average about the same on T/O's about 2.5 a game. Drake definitely a better shooter according to the stats. Drake gives us another 3pt shooter, but a Ruffin played tough against stronger competition. Ruffin looks like he is faster. Ruffin does have past knee injury. Who is a better passer hitting the open man?

Drake and Ruffin assist stats are not great both about the same 3.5 a game. They both average about the same on T/O's about 2.5 a game. Drake definitely a better shooter according to the stats. Drake gives us another 3pt shooter, but a Ruffin played tough against stronger competition. Ruffin looks like he is faster. Ruffin does have past knee injury. Who is a better passer hitting the open man?
Personally, I think Ruffin is. He's a much more aggressive driver so I think that helps draws in the defense and he kicks it out easily. Has great vision and is a great lob thrower.

Personally, I think Ruffin is. He's a much more aggressive driver so I think that helps draws in the defense and he kicks it out easily. Has great vision and is a great lob thrower.
With our length added this week, as well as with our returning guys, it would be great to get a few lobs each game. Brings me back to when we had AB

Reactions: RRebel and lobbybuu
Which will be important considering Webster and Boone are 40% 3 point shooters...
Dajuan Harris might be the best PG in the Country, he's very selective of his scoring but he's fearless driving and kicking and handling the ball. He's 6-1 on paper only, but it's the vision, and that's what we need in the PG, not necessarily a shooter/scored..

Another big program enters the picture
This has a lot of layers to it and because of that, I don't think Dedan will go to Bama.

1. Aaron Estrada is a silent commit right now. That's a done deal and will be publicly announced soon. Played a mix of the 1 and 2 last season and will have the ball in his hands a lot next season for them.
2. Sears and Quinerly are both testing the draft waters right now but they will be returning. Sears is the starting PG and will not lose his job to Dedan. Dedan wouldnt even get PT over Quinerly if he were to return to Bama.
4. Walton is a transfer CG thats already committed to Bama. Averaged 14, 5, and 2 last season. Dedan wont play over him either.
5. Dedan's camp does not want him to come off the bench in any scenario.

As of today, Bama isnt a threat for Dedan but if Sears AND Quinerly choose not to return, it'll make things a lot more interesting. In the end, I think that it is just too late for them to make up ground.

If Dedan wants to start UNLV is his best option. Arizona is most likely bring in the Creighton point guard, UCLA has Andrews who was highly rated last year and played behind Campbell this year.
Hate to say this or look at it like this. His best option may be to get his smaller NIL and PT at UNLV. Get that work, adjustment under his belt.

Then go to the highest bidder after year 1, where he will be much more attractive because he won’t be able to escape without sitting out a year after that first transfer for more money.

That’s where the game is at. UNLV and most of the rest might just be feeder/farm systems. The only way to escape it is money and wins.

Hate to say this or look at it like this. His best option may be to get his smaller NIL and PT at UNLV. Get that work, adjustment under his belt.

Then go to the higher bidder after year 1, where he will be much more attractive because he won’t be able to escape without sitting out a year after that first transfer for more money.

That’s where the game is at. UNLV and most of the test might just be feeder/farm systems. The only way to escape it is money and wins.
Don’t know his specific situation. But if I had his opportunities when I was his age, you bet your ass I’d shop around and look for the best personal situation for me. It’s my life. I’m going to control it and do what’s best for me and my family. There is no more “I always wanted to play for” … they’re business moves. And if you’re not good enough for the NBA and you are tabbed for an overseas career - you get all the cash you can while you’re in college, you might make more in college and you get your degree. Use the system.

I know it sounds awful and nobody wants to think about that negative potential. But putting your head in the sand and denying obvious truths does no good, imo.

It’s pretty easy. The ones with money have all the power and they’ll be the ones to greatly benefit over the ones who have little money. Then ask yourself who we are …,

Also, AZ doesnt offer immediate PT this year the same way we do. Arizona has a pretty good young PG, they were simply trying to add more talent there. Its not an immediate need to add a star PG. Does that mean anything if they really want him, no, but they could still also be pursuing other PGs from around the country,

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT