ADVERTISEMENT

Are we good

rebel5280

Rebel Legend
Feb 26, 2006
With the Boone’s and Hill, meaning they are committed in writing or was this weekend just a bunch of hand shakes and wink winks? When are the commitments going to be made public? We see other schools making their recruits known almost immediately, what’s up with Kevin and all the secrecy?

With the Boone’s and Hill, meaning they are committed in writing or was this weekend just a bunch of hand shakes and wink winks? When are the commitments going to be made public? We see other schools making their recruits known almost immediately, what’s up with Kevin and all the secrecy?
I don’t think it’s secrecy. Maybe it’s with UNLV getting off their ass and finally doing something with NILs where it’s a year old for other schools. So I suspect it’s dotting the is and crossing the ts with contracts, lawyers and stuff like that.

In the old days, the national letter was faxed, then the announcement as soon as it rolls in. Maybe it takes a time or two through the process to make it smoother?

Just a thought.

I don’t think it’s secrecy. Maybe it’s with UNLV getting off their ass and finally doing something with NILs where it’s a year old for other schools. So I suspect it’s dotting the is and crossing the ts with contracts, lawyers and stuff like that.

In the old days, the national letter was faxed, then the announcement as soon as it rolls in. Maybe it takes a time or two through the process to make it smoother?

Just a thought.
Let's hope this is it and it isn't UNLV doing the same old same old, and screwing up this like so many other things.

Reactions: rebel5280
I mean, I wouldn't say "UNLV screwed it up.." if they verbally commit and then one of their other options offers more money, it's hard to beat cash offers..

Also, 2 of them are in draft process so there's probably alot to figure out there with maintaining eligibility, who is calling who, clearinghouse etc...

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Depends, not saying they will but if they lose out on these players why? Because they got a better offer then you would be right. But because UNLV dragged their feet and the players got sick of waiting, then yes a screw up.

The players usually announce first and then the school announces it. Every situation is different but Im assuming that either 1. The 3 committed are waiting for someone else to commit and they announce it together, 2. NIL stuff is still being discussed, or 3. Other offers are coming in last minute. I think its #1 but thats just my opinion.

With that being said, Hill is signed. Just hasnt been announced yet. That's something I can confirm.

I mean, I wouldn't say "UNLV screwed it up.." if they verbally commit and then one of their other options offers more money, it's hard to beat cash offers..

Also, 2 of them are in draft process so there's probably alot to figure out there with maintaining eligibility, who is calling who, clearinghouse etc...
We are in the Wild West to an extent. NCAA can’t monitor anything, players are poached, agents get involved, players are contacted while the season is ongoing. And it’s not the NCAA’s fault at this point, it’s too out of control. Once pandoras was opened, this was going to happen.

So if somebody snatches a player from us last minute, it’s not UNLV’s fault. Our resources are our resources, can only do so much. These kids are now businessmen as much as they are basketball players.

Say we get a good freshman, has a good year … he’s going to want more NIL … if you can’t, others will. I don’t know how you keep up. If you have success, it’s going to cost you more. If you fail, it costs less because nobody wants them.

I hate it but denying the reality doesn’t do you any good either.

The players usually announce first and then the school announces it. Every situation is different but Im assuming that either 1. The 3 committed are waiting for someone else to commit and they announce it together, 2. NIL stuff is still being discussed, or 3. Other offers are coming in last minute. I think its #1 but thats just my opinion.

With that being said, Hill is signed. Just hasnt been announced yet. That's something I can confirm.
If it is number one I would imagine that would be pretty good, I doubt they would wait for a scrub to commit so he would probably be a pretty good addition(Dedan?). If it is your number 3 we might be in bad shape and not get any of the three. If the twins leave for a better offer and from my understanding Hill is testing the professional waters so who knows about him if that is true.
Hope it is your number one, not sure if Jones has another year of eligibility left to come back and play center again.

If it is number one I would imagine that would be pretty good, I doubt they would wait for a scrub to commit so he would probably be a pretty good addition(Dedan?). If it is your number 3 we might be in bad shape and not get any of the three. If the twins leave for a better offer and from my understanding Hill is testing the professional waters so who knows about him if that is true.
Hope it is your number one, not sure if Jones has another year of eligibility left to come back and play center again.
if we lose all 3 some how this season will be a disaster

Wait Goodbye GIF by Silicon Valley

I was wondering how they'd get enough playing time juggling 5 players(Nowell, Rodriguez, Hill, and the Boone twins) between the 2 forward positions. Hopefully we can hang on to Hill and at least one of the Boone twins.

There is definitely a log jam at the 2-4. Really everyone on the roster is a 2-4. Some can play 5 some can play 1, but none are really a great fit there.

Hopefully it all falls together… again. But at least it hasn’t completely gone astray with this commit.
Your hunch earlier was correct. We need to reel Kalib back in. Not sure about the specific numbers of the NIL offers he received but I can confirm that they are from some big time programs

Your hunch earlier was correct. We need to reel Kalib back in. Not sure about the specific numbers of the NIL offers he received but I can confirm that they are from some big time programs
I saw Texas was on him….

Unfortunately, UNLV has a cap. Some to play with - a team total cap, you can go 90% of it on one guy and less on the others.

Almost feels like building a fantasy team or some older Nintendo sports game.

Kalib is very important to get. He fills the biggest role IMO
I noticed that Keylan shot 41% from 3 last year and lead Pacific in attempts... that's very intriguing for a big man. To your point, it does seem his brother is more of an inside player. I do have to wonder why Kalib's minutes and production dropped off so much in March this year? Was he not fully healthy?

It’s crazy that we can’t even get twin brothers to want to play together their last year. That should be a slam dunk package deal!
That's crazy as hell. That should be such an easy sell and it was at first but there's complications right now. I think it can get resolved today while we are hot.
I noticed that Keylan shot 41% from 3 last year and lead Pacific in attempts... that's very intriguing for a big man. To your point, it does seem his brother is more of an inside player. I do have to wonder why Kalib's minutes and production dropped off so much in March this year? Was he not fully healthy?
Not fully healthy and had some issues listening to coach. Seemed very disengaged at times and even skipped out on a couple of huddles. At one point, he was playing like an all big-12 player.

I read where he went into kind a slump and his coach then had him come off the bench

That's crazy as hell. That should be such an easy sell and it was at first but there's complications right now. I think it can get resolved today while we are hot.

Not fully healthy and had some issues listening to coach. Seemed very disengaged at times and even skipped out on a couple of huddles. At one point, he was playing like an all big-12 player.

If CKK can get a kid like Vice who's a talented big who just needs a little more development then I'd be ok with losing out on Kalib. Hill is definitely big enough to play the 4. He'd be an upgrade over Iwuakor in terms of basketball IQ I think. But yeah we need a distributor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT