ADVERTISEMENT

Active shooter at UNLV??

I wouldn't doubt any story that comes out these days. What in the world would move a professor to decide 'today I'm going to kill some faculty members'?
Feeling like you got screwed out of a decent paying position while already being depressed and unhinged... Terrible waste of life.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I wouldn't doubt any story that comes out these days. What in the world would move a professor to decide 'today I'm going to kill some faculty members'?
What would move him? 1. Revenge. 2. The voices in his head told him to do it. 3. Suicide by cop. etc. etc. For someone psychotic enough to kill three innocent people there are an unlimited number of possible reasons.

I had a friend in pilot training. Eventually lost touch as we flew different types of aircraft. He had a beautiful and wonderful wife. But during pilot training he would often admire much older women as beautiful and alluring. I didn't think much of it at the time - only as a quirk. Well, he dumped his wife and married a much older woman. Got assigned to the Air Force academy as an instructor. One day he passed out and collapsed while instructing. Turns out he had a brain tumor. They removed it and he lost all memory back to pilot training and thought he was still married to his young original wife. Also lost all desire for much older women.

Moral of this much-too-long story, when people do strange things you just never know. Impossible to get in their heads.

What would move him? 1. Revenge. 2. The voices in his head told him to do it. 3. Suicide by cop. etc. etc. For someone psychotic enough to kill three innocent people there are an unlimited number of possible reasons.

I had a friend in pilot training. Eventually lost touch as we flew different types of aircraft. He had a beautiful and wonderful wife. But during pilot training he would often admire much older women as beautiful and alluring. I didn't think much of it at the time - only as a quirk. Well, he dumped his wife and married a much older woman. Got assigned to the Air Force academy as an instructor. One day he passed out and collapsed while instructing. Turns out he had a brain tumor. They removed it and he lost all memory back to pilot training and thought he was still married to his young original wife. Also lost all desire for much older women.

Moral of this much-too-long story, when people do strange things you just never know. Impossible to get in their heads.
Wow. Could make a movie about that.

I’m always a skeptic.

Still don’t like how we don’t have definitive answers for Oct 1.
Their are some pretty definite answers for October 1st. my understanding is..... - its called "when the fun stops" he lost his life savings - They watched it happen knowingly - it pissed him off - losing pissed him off - plain and simple. Ultimately he wanted Mandalay Bay to pay too. He wanted his revenge, He got it.

Their are some pretty definite answers for October 1st. my understanding is..... - its called "when the fun stops" he lost his life savings - They watched it happen knowingly - it pissed him off - losing pissed him off - plain and simple. Ultimately he wanted Mandalay Bay to pay too. He wanted his revenge, He got it.

Didn't he send his girlfriend/wife back to the the Phillipines with a lot of money a week before.

Not saying you're wrong. I just thought I remember reading that although he had lost a lot of money he still had other assets. He wasn't destitute.

Again I could be wrong just thought I remembered reading that.

This may be pretty accurate. I read a Facebook post of some of his former students who say he was obsessed with Las Vegas and all he would ever talk about during class was about his trips to Vegas.
Dude I had a 9 mm Taurus Millenium like the shooter.

Holy f’n crap. I gave up my right when I was diagnosed bipolar.

The Millennium G2 is one of my 5 handguns. Great pistol for the price.
I got the original. It was a POS, kept jamming etc. glad my roommate took it off my hands.

I’m really sad. I think I knew Dr. Chang. I had an English 200 professor. It might have been him. He taught in 1996.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT