ADVERTISEMENT

Yips N Shanks

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
Any golfers on this board that have had the yips or shanks? I have never had the yips but I used to battle the shanks. I could go to the range and shank 2 large buckets and then come back the next day and shoot 78. Shanks magically and inexplicably gone.

Major championship winning golfers have given the game up due to the shanks. We don't know when they are coming and when they are going.

I see parallels with Armani’s passing. I have seen him make good passes, I know he can make good passes but what he is going through has to be mental. Some passes he has thrown look like he has never thrown a football in his life.

How long do you wait as a coach hoping for this to pass before you pull the plug?

He’s exactly the same now that he was as a freshman:
He doesn’t look beyond read 1

He wants to be the hero with his legs and will get injured again.

He has zero touch on passes. Sometimes he hits the mitt, sometimes he pitches to the backstop, so to speak.

This isn’t mental with Armani any more than me not being able to dunk anymore is mental for me. I ain’t got it. Armani ain’t got it.

Reactions: VegasKC SDM
Not a bad comparison.

I'll stick with Armani is like a pitcher in baseball with great stuff but control issues.

Strikes out the side one inning.

Can't find the plate and walks the bases loaded the next.

How long do you wait as a coach hoping for this to pass before you pull the plug?
IMO, you start Armani next week in a game we aren’t supposed to win. If the game is competitive and we are close at halftime, leave him in for the game.

If the game is lopsided at halftime, put in KO and get him more playing time. Then it’s KO starting against Wyoming.

Move Armani to WR and also implement 7-10 wildcat plays to get him running since he can still do damage that way.

Chad "Suck my Balls" Qualls.

Funny story. I was out one night with some friends. We've had a few. Chad Qualls was an Astro as a set up man. All he did was set us up for defeat. He comes in, and he is a pretty large man we were leaving anyway, I yelled "Suck my Balls Qualls" and ducked out quickly without looking back. The place was dead so I know he heard me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT