ADVERTISEMENT

What does everyone think about this guy?

Oregon fans seem thrilled to get rid of him. If they had their way he might be looking for a new job soon anyway.

UNLV giving a promotion and a raise to a guy that might be fired sounds like the type of thing I would expect from UNLV.

Reactions: MauiRebel
Oregon fans seem thrilled to get rid of him. If they had their way he might be looking for a new job soon anyway.

UNLV giving a promotion and a raise to a guy that might be fired sounds like the type of thing I would expect from UNLV.

Odd thing is, they are 27th in the country on offense. It's not like they are struggling.

Reactions: reagan21
Odd thing is, they are 27th in the country on offense. It's not like they are struggling.
Part of the key in evaluating potential coordinators is whether or not they plan do be a de facto coordinator style HC or CEO type. If, for example, Arroyo says he’s going run the offense and call plays, then it is completely fair to evaluate his offense at Oregon providing It actually is his and not Cristobal’s.

If he plans to hand the offense over to a coordinator, then evaluating his Oregon offense is less important. At that point other factors such as leadership, energy and overall plan become more important in my opinion

Last edited:
Part of the key in evaluating potential coordinators is whether or not they plan do be a de facto coordinator style or HC or CEO type. If, for example, Arroyo says he’s going run the offense and call plays, then it is completely fair to evaluate his offense at Oregon providing It actually is his and not Cristobal’s.

If he plans to hand the offense over to a coordinator, then evaluating his Oregon offense is less important. At that point other factors such as leadership, energy and overall plan become more important in my opinion

Absolutely.

Oregon's offense is 27th in the country. It's not like they are struggling in that regard..

If a coordinator who the fans dont want become our new HC, Desiree should find a new job.

If he were ready and capable, Oregon CB coach Donte Williams would be nice as a potential DC. He’s a very good recruiter (possibly their best). Ken Wilson the Oregon LB coach isn’t bad either

If he were ready and capable, Oregon CB coach Donte Williams would be nice as a potential DC. He’s a very good recruiter (possibly their best). Ken Wilson the Oregon LB coach isn’t bad either

It sounds like we have a deeper pocket for the HC (1.5 -1.8mm), but to the point of your comments...
I’m wondering how much more is available or not for staff support, which is critical IMO. Could who ever is hired as HC pull some really quality staff?? ... from where they are currently at- or close ties

It sounds like we have a deeper pocket for the HC (1.5 -1.8mm), but to the point of your comments...
I’m wondering how much more is available or not for staff support, which is critical IMO. Could who ever is hired as HC pull some really quality staff?? ... from where they are currently at- or close ties
It’s a good point. You can hit the offer point for a coach but if you offer a quarter his salary to split among multiple assistants, he’s going to consider it a bad deal, that just falls under overall resources. We can give the practice facility, the field, it’s his job to get fans in the seat which only comes by way of winning and winning takes the other resources, budgets and assistant salaries.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT