ADVERTISEMENT

What does everyone think about this guy?

So it is being reported Scalley, Arroyo and Mora will be UNLV's next head coach. Do we really need three head coaches?
Well, Hades had a three-headed dog. Why can't UNLV have a three-headed coach? It's part of the underworld, right?

Reactions: rebelzzz
Sources indicate DRF will announce this during a press conference tomorrow morning
it doesn’t makes sense that either one of the assistance be announced tomorrow since the PAC 12 Championship is on the same day.

Im an Oreron season ticket holder, have been for about 18 seasons, so I watch a lot of games. I will be in Santa Clara for the game tomorrow night as well.

There are a lot of UO fans not happy at all with Arroyo as the OC. Im kind of neutral on him, but his play calling has been very suspect on way too many occasions. Justin Herbert hasnt had a fantastic year (good but not up to his standards) people are blaming that on Arroyo too. Im not sure if its all him or coming from Cristobal?? Like I said in another thread yesterday, I wouldnt be surprised to see Arroyo fired at the end of the season. I much would prefer UO's D coordinator Andy Avalos. As a Duck fan, Id probably be happy to see Arroyo go, as a UNLV grad/fan I wouldnt be too thrilled if he is named HC.

It better not be Arroyo or the AD can kiss a move to a power 5 school GOODBYE and rightfully so!

There is nothing that says Arroyo is anything other than Mike Sanford 2.0 here!

Herbert is doing what he is doing this year despite Arroyo, don't get the fascination with him?

Scalley is at least killing it stat wise at Utah but I don't even want him either.. we need Jay Hill, hell even Pat Hill, Jim McElwain or Butch Jones!

Luke warm on Mora but it should at worst be him over any coordinators on the candidate list!

It better not be Arroyo or the AD can kiss a move to a power 5 school GOODBYE and rightfully so!

Herbert is doing what he is doing this year despite Arroyo, don't get the fascination with him?

Scalley is at least killing it stat wise at Utah but I don't even want him either.. we need Jay Hill, hell even Pat Hill, Jim McElwain or Butch Jones!

Luke warm on Mora but it should at worst be him over any coordinators on the candidate list!
I’m reluctant for an HC that has no experience as an HC. Not saying a coord can’t get it done, but seems far, far more risky and UNLV needs to reduce risk as much as possible. There aren’t guarantees but there is risk assessment, have to play the odds. This is last chance, minimize risk.

I’m reluctant for an HC that has no experience as an HC. Not saying a coord can’t get it done, but seems far, far more risky and UNLV needs to reduce risk as much as possible. There aren’t guarantees but there is risk assessment, have to play the odds. This is last chance, minimize risk.

Are you more comfortable with a guy like Mora?

If its Butch Jones vs coordinator...I'm all for it.

If its Jim Mora...

Not so sure...

Mcelwain yes.

Pat Hill hasn't coached in almost a decade.

Would love Butch Jones. Doesn't mean he would actually want to come here.

Jay Hill would be solid...

I'd rather have Oregon DC Avalos over OC Arroyo..

Scalley feels like the type of hire that if you passed on him, and took Mora you would regret it..

Reactions: reagan21
So it is being reported Scalley, Arroyo and Mora will be UNLV's next head coach. Do we really need three head coaches?

Yes. we absolutely need all 3 of these guys to turn UNLV into a successful football program. Can you imagine what 5k fans will look like in a 65k stadium? These dumb ass broads that have been running the athletic program the last 6 1/2 years have all but ruined UNLV beyond repair. DSF is not going to hire ANYONE that will get us excited. NO One is going to jump on board this sinking ship !!!

Yes. we absolutely need all 3 of these guys to turn UNLV into a successful football program. Can you imagine what 5k fans will look like in a 65k stadium? These dumb ass broads that have been running the athletic program the last 6 1/2 years have all but ruined UNLV beyond repair. DSF is not going to hire ANYONE that will get us excited. NO One is going to jump on board this sinking ship !!!

If she hires Arroyo.. anyone but him!

UNLV will be the just like the Raiders prior to this year.. a team playing in a stadium with seats covered with a tarp!

...how about this crazy ass drunk’s two cents(me). CTS will be the head coach at UNLV in 5-10 yrs after his success at NFL or group of 5. - !?
He already has plans for an indoor practice field. I have to give it to him for consistently and always moving forward vision. unfortunate he could not make it happen to keep it going.
I love that he didn’t talk about it on his way out, but actually solved the issues from day one.

...how about this crazy ass drunk’s two cents(me). CTS will be the head coach at UNLV in 5-10 yrs after his success at NFL or group of 5. - !?
He already has plans for an indoor practice field. I have to give it to him for consistently and always moving forward vision. unfortunate he could not make it happen to keep it going.
I love that he didn’t talk about it on his way out, but actually solved the issues from day one.
Agree 100% with your last sentence!

What's going to happen it's we're all going to be talking about Morgan scalley and Jay Hill and Mora and coaches like this and then she will hire someone like Chris petrilli from North Texas and try to sell it to the fans that he's an up-and-comer

Reactions: bcvegaspt
What's going to happen it's we're all going to be talking about Morgan scalley and Jay Hill and Mora and coaches like this and then she will hire someone like Chris petrilli from North Texas and try to sell it to the fans that he's an up-and-comer

If she does this.. she can kiss her career as a future power 5 AD goodbye!

Sources indicate DRF will announce this during a press conference tomorrow morning

it doesn’t makes sense that either one of the assistance be announced tomorrow since the PAC 12 Championship is on the same day.

Just wanted to clarify I was going for 100% nonsense. As though the would announce that the UNLV head coaching job will be determined via the winner of the Pac 12 championship game.... sorry if my sarcasm wasn't strong enough :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT