ADVERTISEMENT

Watched part of this last night

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
obviously UNLV’s greatest team so you expect high level.

UNLV/Princeton, early season, UNLV #1 Princeton #25. UNLV crushed them, 69-35 I believe.

That said, I’m not a fan because it’s not high octane, but Princeton runs some nice stuff. It’s just that UNLV was insane defensively. Carill just knows his offense, really knows how to work his guys and put them in positions. But man UNLV was something else defensively.

Also reminded me of how spoiled I was as a fan. Not that we had many losses, that three year stretch there were only 6 total losses. But I was sooooo dissatisfied with some wins, games in which we may have won by “only” 16 because, in my eyes, we were not sharp. Much better than the other side, but not sharp in a particular game. I don’t think it’s ever solely been about wins/losses for me, more about how we played. To this day. It really hasn’t changed. I can be more satisfied in a particular loss than a particular win, even though ultimately only one really matters.

Ps, love hearing Thompkins and Quinn. Just brings back good memories. Voice of the Rocky fights.

Reactions: GreedyGreg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News