ADVERTISEMENT

Was nice to see

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
the seniors so integral in snapping the losing streak. I thought Chris Jones looked really hungry last night, looked like he was pissed off about losing. Grabbed some great rebounds. And I love his mid range face up game. He doesn't miss many when he gets a good look.

To me it looked like Jojo pretty much looked to try and get others going most of the game, which was great. But when the game was on the line, he hits the back breaker. Saw that one coming a mile away.

Don't know if anyone listened to the call in show on the way home. Man, our fans - wow. You get a win at home over a sub 500 team and now it sounds like we are ready to run the MWCT - all the ills are solved with this one game. Anyway, I found it peculiar so many people were acting as if we turned the corner last night. I hope so and anything is possible especially given such a sorry state of league play. But we finished in dead last of a very bad conference for a reason. I think 9 of our 11 wins are against teams that have worse than a .500 record. And I think we dropped 6 against teams within a record below .500. That, several losing streaks, one that was 9 games, not winning back to back games in over two months and counting.... I think the body of evidence is ample, but I guess there's a reason the games are played and March is such Madness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News