ADVERTISEMENT

View from the coach

ricovegas

Retired Number
Feb 18, 2008
Sunny Southern California, Newport Beach
I was fortunate enough to watch it streamed from home in SoCal the kids looked good to great just some quick bullet points:
1. These blowouts are not as easy as they seem you put 6 straight drives in the end zone, impressive
2. 14 points from our defense pretty solid man to man coverage
3. Nice stable of play makers running backs,wr's I would love to see Price become more dominant
Negatives
I saw some poor tackling but that has become an epidemic on the college and pro level do to practice changes.
Those that said our pass rush was weak I believe they showed at stat that JSU's offensive line had over some 50 starts between them.
I bet the over 5 -130 come on boys lets go bowling!

Reactions: RebelinWA
Yeah I thought we got good pressure and had some QB hits but just missed the sacks. Would have loved to see more but I don't think we ran that many blitzes or odd coverages as we didn't nend too.

Re-watched the game and really like our corners. Tackling will come as the season moves on and Sanchez said it will be a point of emphasis. Also liked seeing lots of RS Freshman getting reps. Helps with depth moving forward.

Young O Line players looked pretty comfortable, was impressed. UCLA will obviously be a whole other level but great way to start.

There were times when Wells, Lotu, Laolagi, or McCoy were right there about to get at the qb. They never got to him, but they forced him to make bad throws.

Reactions: mvvsmith
This was a great game for the 2's and 3's to get reps. Nice so early in the season. Stanton and Williams were impressive first looks for me for sure. Williams IMO will be the starter by mid season at RB, too much speed to keep off the field for any length of time and he can catch the ball. He keeps the defense honest. Multiple 100 yard games in the MW.

Reactions: willlevi
This was a great game for the 2's and 3's to get reps. Nice so early in the season. Stanton and Williams were impressive first looks for me for sure. Williams IMO will be the starter by mid season at RB, too much speed to keep off the field for any length of time and he can catch the ball. He keeps the defense honest. Multiple 100 yard games in the MW. We have him for 4 years nice, now we need a big FB.

Competition was too poor to get a good reading. I saw a few instances where receivers were wide open but their QB did not make an accurate throw. I think Rosen & Company spanks this defense next week. Improvements, but still a long way to go. I hope I eat crow next weekend, but doubt it. The MWC competition still could provide 5 wins though. San Jose not looking good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT