ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread Utah Tech

Thank you fellas. So uncharacteristic of UNLV DBs.

Why did Coach O have to scored this many points against Utah Tech?
Dude, we could have put injured players in and we would have scored. Broken arms or legs it wouldn't have stopped us. Don't think that we were running up the score intentionally.

We played 3rd and 4th stringers. We mostly ran it in the second half. We just kept on breaking off big runs
For the love of God. 72 points? UNLV should have play their 4 stringers first. Anyway, it is done.

Dude, we could have put injured players in and we would have scored. Broken arms or legs it wouldn't have stopped us. Don't think that we were running up the score intentionally.
I know. Wish we didnt do that leading to KU game.

Thank you fellas. So uncharacteristic of UNLV DBs.

Why did Coach O have to scored this many points against Utah Tech?
UNLV DID NOT run up the score, Odom didn’t have them score this many.

Especially after the half, Most runs were of the vanilla variety. A few RPOs in there, a few QB designed runs. Certainly weren’t trying to run it up, to the converse … ran clock and went bland. It was just a total mismatch. And remember, we utilized players we may need … Hajj, Friel, some runners and receivers, DL line and linebackers dove into the depth chart. These are people we need ready.

And it’s hard to say characteristic or uncharacteristic of the DB’s. They weren’t challenged at all vs Houston. We are ASSUMING them to be pretty good because of previous stops and stats … but we don’t know yet. A bad (or shellshocked) Houston team and a really bad Dixie State team … don’t know yet.

72 poi

I stepped away. They didn't open the playbook or did they?

Not really. But the mic in the helmets kind of makes the "closed playbook" discussion irrelevant with the way the Go-Go works. They can run half dozen plays from 1 formation run or pass. I'd be more concerned about the defense showing exotic packages

Not really. But the mic in the helmets kind of makes the "closed playbook" discussion irrelevant with the way the Go-Go works. They can run half dozen plays from 1 formation run or pass. I'd be more concerned about the defense showing exotic packages
What do you mean, Masked?

What do you mean, Masked?
In years past, signs from the sideline dictate play call and formation, you could intepret formation and possibly play tendency based on those signals. Those are gone. It's like the pros out there and the Go-Go can run a bunch of plays from same formation that tape won't necessarily show that's not already out there... plus the Go-Go is in NCAA 2025, so what exactly formation wise are we hiding, lol..

Reactions: unlove and 1Tripoda
Just saw the highlights.....my goodness, can a football team be this bad?

UNLV DID NOT run up the score, Odom didn’t have them score this many.

Especially after the half, Most runs were of the vanilla variety. A few RPOs in there, a few QB designed runs. Certainly weren’t trying to run it up, to the converse … ran clock and went bland. It was just a total mismatch. And remember, we utilized players we may need … Hajj, Friel, some runners and receivers, DL line and linebackers dove into the depth chart. These are people we need ready.

And it’s hard to say characteristic or uncharacteristic of the DB’s. They weren’t challenged at all vs Houston. We are ASSUMING them to be pretty good because of previous stops and stats … but we don’t know yet. A bad (or shellshocked) Houston team and a really bad Dixie State team … don’t know yet.
After the Oklahoma game verse Houston, we know that they are not a bad team. Watching the Oklahoma vs Houston game, I would put UNLV up against Oklahoma with confidence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT