ADVERTISEMENT

Utah Shat

Though I try to be optimistic and usually can find a silver lining, this train, losing, has left the station and is careening out of control. If MM can get these guys to believe they can win a game before the season is over, I will be very, very impressed.

The problem is losing begets losing. Losing causes a loss of confidence in yourself and your teammates. Going into a game thinking "we can win" is easy. But if they run into a rough spot, and get down 10 or so points, all those doubts are going to cause an avalanche of bad outcomes!

But a win tonight would be great. Go rebels!

Shat is the past participle of the word Sh*t....I thought it would be funny. I apparently failed.

6 weeks ago I'd have identified this game as a potential win. After the depths that we've sunk to, both athletically and especially mentally, it now seems like an insurmountable task.

I feel badly for the seniors and their families who will be there to honor their final regular-season home-game. They will undoubtedly be trying to put a celebratory face on this disaster. And I have no doubt that the T&M will look like the bottom of the Grand Canyon. A vast, empty chasm.

So on that cheery note...Let's Go Rebels!
sad-crying-smiley-face.gif

Reactions: Rod_the_Rebel
What is this foreign feeling? I'm not sure how you're supposed to respond to a win.

Congratulations Rebels. You rose to the occasion.
dancing-guy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go Rebels!

What is this foreign feeling? I'm not sure how you're supposed to respond to a win.

Congratulations Rebels. You rose to the occasion.
dancing-guy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go Rebels!
Really nice to finally get a W. Utah St pulled a Rebel trick and didn't score for the last 8 minutes. Beggars can't be choosers!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT