ADVERTISEMENT

UNM at UNLV Game 5

Nice play by Flowers to break up a 3rd down pass.. here's hoping our offense gets on track. First drive was ugly.

Gilliam never sees LB in coverage.. UNM on our 1 yard line to start the 2nd quarter.

6-0 UNM... Blocked PAT by Flowers, offense will have to improve.... don't have a first down yet...

Better pass by Gilliam on 3rd and 10 but broken up after a nice hit by the UNM safety.

Maybe this was why I decided after last season to stop buying season tickets and by tickets game by game if I could go. So far the team looks as bad as they have ever looked. It things continue this way, I will need to rethink support for the coach.

25 McCoy tried to be a hero and pick the ball up instead of making the fundamental play of falling on the ball.

And then promptly UNM scores. But hey they keep missing PATs and they might beat us 36-0 instead of 42-0.

there goes our season, we are seeing it unfold right now. No bowl game this season! we might just win 4 games total this year if we are lucky

Max Gilliam can go ahead and stop now. I'd rather have Palandech in....

This is embarrassingly bad. But I'm glad our defensive coordinator can smile as his defense is getting boatraced at home.

This is embarrassingly bad. But I'm glad our defensive coordinator can smile as his defense is getting boatraced at home.
Well when the time of possession favors the other team 20:27 to 9:27 what would you expect

Whenever UNLV approaches the threshold of mediocrity the pressure of medium expectations become too much.

The easiest way to relieve the pressure is to deliver a performance so awful that expectations bottom out.

Because of this game, we will feel good about finishing with 4 wins. Almost downright greatful.

Reactions: Subtlety
Well when the time of possession favors the other team 20:27 to 9:27 what would you expect
How about a first down?LOL. Rogers injury might cost Sanchez his job. Seems like we always get outcoached, Bad 2nd half adjustments. Horrible clock managment. With the rest of the teams left on schedule looking better than expected.

How about a first down?LOL. Rogers injury might cost Sanchez his job. Seems like we always get outcoached, Bad 2nd half adjustments. Horrible clock managment. With the rest of the teams left on schedule looking better than expected.

We all knew Rogers was going to miss games this season. Chez just couldn’t imagine that such a black swan event could happen.

So glad we have a coach who is prepared for only probable outcomes.

Did we even practice in the last 2 weeks? It sure as hell does not look like it.

I am just glad I didn't renew my season tickets for this season. I have either purchased season tickets or bought individual game tickets to most of the season for the last 15 years. This season I only went to one game, and that is most likely the only game I will attend this season.

Whenever UNLV approaches the threshold of mediocrity the pressure of medium expectations become too much.

The easiest way to relieve the pressure is to deliver a performance so awful that expectations bottom out.

Because of this game, we will feel good about finishing with 4 wins. Almost downright greatful.
But why? With different coaches, different players.... different times.

But why? With different coaches, different players.... different times.

Yeah. Across sports too.

I think UNLV Athletics is full of frauds. Whenever it matters, UNLV chokes.

The nervous energy from above trickles down.

This is rock bottom. IMO, much much worse than the Howard loss. And somehow I’d forgotten that we were coming off a bye week. A BYE WEEK?!?!?! And we come out with THAT? I can’t even blame the defense (even though yes, they were bad too for a lot of the game) when the offense is THAT bad.

The wideouts should be ashamed of themselves for dropping balls when you’ve got a new QB taking snaps. The oline should be embarrassed for not generating any push for Lex and Co. and constantly snapping the ball over Gilliam’s head. And Cotton (again) should be looking for a new job. His constant running from side to side was not working all night and has never been this team’s strong suit.

I’ve been on CTS’ side since day one... and I really haven’t wavered.

The heat under his seat needs to be turned up after today. That’s a season killing performance. I don’t care that Armani went down. You are in year 4. You need to have a capable backup on the roster or be good enough in other areas to not lose 60-7 at home against a terrible UNM team.

..... coming off a bye week ......

Reactions: CRhodes1983
Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

This is the most expensive season ticket package I have ever paid for a UNLV football season. I have sat in my seat for a grand total of 30 minutes. I have two seats and the other went empty. Considering that this was my last game for the year, the package ran me $400 per hour.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

This is the most expensive season ticket package I have ever paid for a UNLV football season. I have sat in my seat for a grand total of 30 minutes. I have two seats and the other went empty. Considering that this was my last game for the year, the package ran me $400 per hour.
I too have season tickets. I, and everyone who paid to see that debacle, should be receiving an apology from CTS and the team.

I could only watch a quarter and a half before turning it off. In that time, they looked so lackluster and no energy whatsoever. Max made a few good throws but the WRs weren't helping him out with the dropped passes.

I took my son to the prairie view game and watch UNLV go up 34-0. Then UNLV totally shut down and got out scored 17-0 before they woke up. My younger son was with me and when the score was 34-17 he was badgering me to leave because he said the UNLV football team sucked. I got him to stay for a few minutes longer and finally agreed to leave after watching UNLV continue to play like shit. Yes, they did wake up and score the last 12 points, but this showed me that UNLV would struggle against even really bad lower division teams if they didn't play at their best.

That is most likely the last game we will see this season. Both of my son's like going to football games, but hate going to UNLV games because of how sloppy they play win or lose. SAD!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT