ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV vs Southern stream

I don't think we're this bad but unfortunately we might not be all that good even with a full roster. Not having a dominant veteran guard like Harkless is going to hurt all year long. DJ will be great for us but he's still just a freshman. Hopefully Keylan somehow is able to play for us - him and Kalib's length would help out on defense immensely.

Short, unathletic, can’t shoot, can’t defend. This is an awful combination to have at this level.

Never seen a Rebel team so unprepared to start a season. The coaching staff should be most embarrassed by this loss, especially when they're against a first year head coach coaching his first game.
Not that it matters but they played tcu on Monday

UNLV wasn't good last season, but we had a couple of scorers that bailed us out and made a poor offense look passable. I don't know that we have that type this year.
IMO, this was more a lack of defense rather than lack of offense ( but that was bad too ). The had at least 10 uncontested layups. And most of their three point shots were wide open.

UNLV wasn't good last season, but we had a couple of scorers that bailed us out and made a poor offense look passable. I don't know that we have that type this year.
Roster construction is key to success.. Kevin has never been good at that and it's finally coming to roost... If the Boones aren't what they're supposed to be and one can't even play, this team is going nowhere fast. It'll be an absolute dumpster fire and I don't need anyone telling me he needs more time BS like we aren't watching what happens when you(UNLV) get your head out of your ass and hire competent coaches.

Looking forward to the football game on Friday. Basketball feels as fruitless as it did under Menzies. If not worse. It’s like Menzies + Rice had a baby.

Looks like my primary focus will be on Gonzaga again this year. I can't dedicate much time to watching this crap.
Friday night on ESPN+. My wife is a huge fan. Mark Few has a loaded bench. There will be no let down in the post season from lack of depth.

Reactions: RebelSoldat
A big thanks to DRF for the pointless KK hire.
Friday night on ESPN+. My wife is a huge fan. Mark Few has a loaded bench. There will be no let down in the post season from lack of depth.

They just lost Steele Venters to injury unfortunately but I think they'll adjust

I wasn't able to tune in until late in the first half. By the break I was needing to change my drawers. These guys looked so bad - out of shape, lazy, no defensive rotation, no shooters... um, I mean, scorers - that I 💩 myself! Obviously, so did the Rebels, but at least I put on something clean for the second half.

I kept thinking of the old Tark mantra: "10 at 10". If we're within 10 with 10 minutes to go we'll win. Then I started thinking, okay, 20 at 10. With 9:34 to go I switched over to the Hallmark channel. Was impressed to look at the final score this morning and see we'd only lost by 14. To Southern. Respect. 🤮

He has to give JJ3 more minutes the kid can play when he has a chance to u see what he did against Reno when he got a chance

Went into last night with an excitement for this years team. Before first half ended I fell back into the same sediment I have had the last 6 or so years, which is no emotions I will watch the game but figure UNLV will screw it up somehow so why get emotionally involved like i use to, if they don't care why should I? That type of attitude. Sucks, at least I have my other couple teams I follow also hopefully one of them will have a good year to keep my interest up in college basketball this year

I was about to buy season tickets..this gives me a good reason not to.

I’ll just buy tickets to see Hunt’s number retired and ThAT’S IT!!!

Just move on. I don’t even like Cottrell’s lucky shot post move that went in..if he doesn’t like to play with his back towards the basket, he’s pretty useless.

That’s all we got from our big men?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT