ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread UNLV vs Boise

One positive, the team had 22 first downs. The first game exceeding 20 first downs since SUU and probably why the defense looked better.

A lot of it was late in the game. Midway through the 2nd quarter I think they had like 3 or 4.

I don't know if that was a result of Oblad getting comfortable or Boise playing back a bit. Maybe a little of both...

A lot of it was late in the game. Midway through the 2nd quarter I think they had like 3 or 4.

I don't know if that was a result of Oblad getting comfortable or Boise playing back a bit. Maybe a little of both...
I think it was both. Early he sucked, wasn’t close. He got more comfortable in there. But Boise certainly laid back a bit. The offensive numbers were inflated. When the game was actually being decided, most of the first three quarter, the offense was gross.

His first TD pass was absolutely beautiful and great coverage. But he had a ton of poor passes and reads.

I think it was both. Early he sucked, wasn’t close. He got more comfortable in there. But Boise certainly laid back a bit. The offensive numbers were inflated. When the game was actually being decided, most of the first three quarter, the offense was gross.

His first TD pass was absolutely beautiful and great coverage. But he had a ton of poor passes and reads.
I think it was right after we forced Boise’s fumble. Score was 14-0. People around me were talking about how we are hanging with them.

Looked up the stats. 270 yards for them, 37 for us.

Score looked respectable for a decent amount of time, but we were never in it. Never had a chance.

I think it was right after we forced Boise’s fumble. Score was 14-0. People around me were talking about how we are hanging with them.

Looked up the stats. 270 yards for them, 37 for us.

Score looked respectable for a decent amount of time, but we were never in it. Never had a chance.
Let's face it, Boise was absolutely AWFUL themselves last night. They had so many damn penalties. They just didn't look focused or good. I thought defensively, we played well enough to maybe give ourselves a shot. But at the point you are mentioning, it felt like UNLV at Ark State last year. Incredibly bad offense.

I never felt like we had a shot, even before the long field goal... but we competed way better than I expected.

Still, context is important with everything.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Let's face it, Boise was absolutely AWFUL themselves last night. They had so many damn penalties. They just didn't look focused or good. I thought defensively, we played well enough to maybe give ourselves a shot. But at the point you are mentioning, it felt like UNLV at Ark State last year. Incredibly bad offense.

I never felt like we had a shot, even before the long field goal... but we competed way better than I expected.

Still, context is important with everything.

Defensively they played pretty well..

Offense is broken..

I don't think it matters who is at Qb..

I don't either...

So anybody miss Barney Cotton? I do..

Say what you want about the guy, he knew what he had. His offenses averaged about 30 points per game and he had a constant revolving door at QB with numerous injuries, Decker, Palandech, Palandech, Sneed, Rogers, Stanton, Palandech, Rogers, Gilliam back to Rogers..

Just need to clean deck in 7 games, AD needs to hire right guy who can coach and recruit top MWC kids, is that too much to ask?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT