ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread UNLV vs Boise

Down only 7-0 so far, we’ve had two possessions, BSU is now just getting their second possession. Hey, we did get a big gainer on offense. A late hit (bogus, should have been a pink flag) for 15 yards. Got near midfield! Rollin Rebels.
This kid may be good in the future, I don't know, but right now, I'm not going to candy coat it, he sucks and makes Rogers look Heisman.

Missed tackles is our biggest problem right now
6 three and outs have been a big problem. Defense hasn't been great, but they've done more than enough to ensure the Rebs can be competitive in this one. Offense has 16 passing yards and 18 rushing yards midway through the second quarter. That's abysmal.

@Pistol Pete 1

Defense played well for most of the game..
Defense played much better most of the time but really had some head scratching moments. We seemed to play our 1’s almost the entire 1’st half. I dont remember Hester & Jackson not being on the field in the 1’st half.

However they did replace Plummer for a series with #38 who promptly got beat on a 76 yd td pass. He didn’t see the field again.

Offensively I was very disappointed in our play calling and the receivers inability to get open. Boise’s corners were much better than our receivers.

When they got us in 3’rd & long they were coming on all out blitzes every time and we dont seem to have a draw play, quick slant or screen pass in our arsenal.

So who else can we try at QB or do you think KO will take a big step forward after facing a very good defense?

Defense played much better most of the time but really had some head scratching moments. We seemed to play our 1’s almost the entire 1’st half. I dont remember Hester & Jackson not being on the field in the 1’st half.

However they did replace Plummer for a series with #38 who promptly got beat on a 76 yd td pass. He didn’t see the field again.

Offensively I was very disappointed in our play calling and the receivers inability to get open. Boise’s corners were much better than our receivers.

When they got us in 3’rd & long they were coming on all out blitzes every time and we dont seem to have a draw play, quick slant or screen pass in our arsenal.

So who else can we try at QB or do you think KO will take a big step forward after facing a very good defense?

I saw exactly what I thought I would see from Oblad.

The problem isn't the guys between the lines.

Its the guy with the headset on..

Last edited:
I saw exactly what I thought I would see from Oblad.

Like I said, the answer isn't on the roster.

The problem isn't the guys between the lines.

Its the guy with the headset on..
In other news our old QB Dalton Sneed threw for 400 yds and ran for 70 or 80 more today. Not good enough to play for the Rebs

@Pistol Pete 1

He's got it all figured out now...We are going to get back to relying on the run..

Its not like its been the best part of our offense the last three years or anything..

Last edited:

Play calling and execution go hand in hand...

You call a play and a receiver drops a pass, or a running back fumbles or a QB misses a read or a tackle misses a block leading to a sack, its not the call its the execution.

Sometimes you call a play that the defense is all over but a running back or receiver make a great individual effort and bail you out..

People wanted to see them open it up with Oblad at QB. We opened it up..Threw the ball 55 times..Took a few shots down field..

Last edited:
The defense holding things together for the offense tonight is 'fools gold" there is always a game against a top tier team every season where we look close to good but we will revert back to our old selves next week and more often than not the rest of the season!

The defense holding things together for the offense tonight is 'fools gold" there is always a game against a top tier team every season where we look close to good but we will revert back to our old selves next week and more often than not the rest of the season!

There is a whole thread about why this happens....

Sanchez does relatively well against teams the 1st time he sees them.

Not so much the second time around.

ADVERTISEMENT