ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV v Boise State

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
It looks like the ticket sales for the UNLV v Boise State game are going quicker than those from the Syracuse game. Not sure if this means a larger number of UNLV fans, or if Boise State is bringing a large number of fans to Las Vegas? My best guess is there are around 2,500 tickets remaining in the 100 section with 15 days still left to sell tickets. Based on the last game attendance, that would put the number at around 29K+ tickets already for the game. Beat Utah State and Oregon State and UNLV will likely have their biggest home attendance game in their history, with a really good shot at 35K-40K attendance. Sucks that the game will be on CBSSN. I wonder if there is any chance the game would get switched to a larger network?

Last edited:
Reactions: LVRebel2000
My guess is Boise is bringing a big number. A win there basically secures them a spot in the CFB playoff.

It looks like the ticket sales for the UNLV v Boise State game are going quicker than those from the Syracuse game. Not sure if this means a larger number of UNLV fans, or if Boise State is bringing a large number of fans to Las Vegas? My best guess is there are around 2,500 tickets remaining in the 100 section with 15 days still left to sell tickets. Based on the last game attendance, that would put the number at around 29K+ tickets already for the game. Beat Utah State and Oregon State and UNLV will likely have their biggest home attendance game in their history, with a really good shot at 35K-40K attendance. Sucks that the game will be on CBSSN. I wonder if there is any chance the game would get switched to a larger network?
No way CBSSN is going to let that game go to any other network.

No way CBSSN is going to let that game go to any other network.
CBSSN is part of the CBS network. If there is enough interest, they could switch the game to CBS. They also own 50% of The CW. I am not sure how easy it is to switch the game to another network within the same corporation, but it has been done many times before. If Boise State stays undefeated, it is likely they will be top 15 coming into the game. If UNLV can win the next two games, thy would have a fair chance to be ranked on the coaches poll where they are currently ranked 33rd.

My guess is Boise is bringing a big number. A win there basically secures them a spot in the CFB playoff.
They don't play another particularly good team after us. at SJSU and vs Oregon State are the toughest two remaining. But they will have to win the MWC championship to get that spot. Unless they get high enough to hit an at large, and I have a hard time imagining they will be in the top5, which is where they will need to be to lose a game at the end of the year and not fall beyond 11 or 12.

Reactions: SilverSpoon
Just to be clear, the TEAM needs to take it one game at a time. As fans, it is our privilege; nay, our duty, to look ahead, speculate and make ridiculous wild predictions. We too can become regular fans. We just aren’t used to it.
In my mind, we have already beaten BSU twice and play Tennessee in the CFP where we killed them by 76 pts.

Getting any middle sections opened has to be done in advance, beyond specifically middle end zones. Those can be added with relative little change to staff at the event. But getting the rest of the middle opened would need to be planned ahead. I'd like to think a big road win against OSU and a week of planning is enough time to get the entire middle opened if demand is there, but I'm not sure it is. Would love to sellout the lower half, then offer some cheap options in the middle to get another 10-15k fans there at affordable pricing.

Getting any middle sections opened has to be done in advance, beyond specifically middle end zones. Those can be added with relative little change to staff at the event. But getting the rest of the middle opened would need to be planned ahead. I'd like to think a big road win against OSU and a week of planning is enough time to get the entire middle opened if demand is there, but I'm not sure it is. Would love to sellout the lower half, then offer some cheap options in the middle to get another 10-15k fans there at affordable pricing.
There are around 1700 tickets left in the lower section that they have 2 weeks to sell in order to start opening section 200 seating.

Not only does BSu have a bye this week to plan for UNLV and rest, but then we turn around and have a short week to get ready. It is like when the MWC set this up they did what they could to give BSu the upper hand.

Last edited:
BSU gets their week off at a good time for them. Their RB, WR, and OL rooms are pretty banged up. RB2 Sire Gaines may be done for the season, RB3 Breezy Dubar missed UH game. WR2 Latrell Caples left UH game early, WR4 Chris Marshall hasn't played since Oregon (ankle) but was suited up for UH. The OL lost their starting center three games ago and started two guys I never heard of against UH.

Broncos fans traveled well to HI, so I'd expect a good showing in LV.

BSU gets their week off at a good time for them. Their RB, WR, and OL rooms are pretty banged up. RB2 Sire Gaines may be done for the season, RB3 Breezy Dubar missed UH game. WR2 Latrell Caples left UH game early, WR4 Chris Marshall hasn't played since Oregon (ankle) but was suited up for UH. The OL lost their starting center three games ago and started two guys I never heard of against UH.

Broncos fans traveled well to HI, so I'd expect a good showing in LV.
unless they spent their entire sharecropper stipend to fly to Hawaii.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT