ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV OC new hire from Vandy

All I know is that UNLV destroyed Vandy. I hope he is a lot better of a coach then the rest of the staff was when UNLV played them.

Reactions: LocoRebel
My understanding is he is the new OC. You wouldn't leave for a lateral position unless you had been fired or made more money.

Personally I will consider Arroyo the de facto OC. Just like Sanford while he was here.

So if he has good recruiting connections, works well with Arroyo, and can help with the OL, then he can be an asset.

This, not really worried about offense tbh. Defensive staff is much more important imo

I have to agree. Just finished watching the Rose Bowl, and you really couldn't take much from Oregon or Wisconsin offensively, because the defense on both teams was so so huge. BIG plays on both sides literally smothering each other.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Vandy's offense was terrible this year and Norcross wasn't going to be retained but he is a good OL Coach.

I hope he's not the OC though unless CMA is planning on running the offense and handling the play calling himself à la Sanford. Although maybe that's not the best comparison because Sanford's teams were much better after he hired Berry and relinquished some offensive duties to him.

Vandy's offense was terrible this year and Norcross wasn't going to be retained but he is a good OL Coach.

I hope he's not the OC though unless CMA is planning on running the offense and handling the play calling himself à la Sanford. Although maybe that's not the best comparison because Sanford's teams were much better after he hired Berry and relinquished some offensive duties to him.

Maybe he has Co-OC..Norcross as OC/Run Game coordinator and then a QB coach or WR coach as Pass Game Coordinator and he oversees?

Vandy offense was awful this year. Last year it wasn't great but pretty efficiant. Top 50 in the country...

Reactions: RebNReno
You have to take Vandy’s circumstances in to consideration though. They can’t recruit there because of the academic requirements and they play in a murder (although down recently) division

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
You have to take Vandy’s circumstances in to consideration though. They can’t recruit there because of the academic requirements and they play in a murder (although down recently) division

In terms of P5 jobs it has to be one of the toughest when you consider all the factors. Makes what Franklin did there pretty impressive.

Similar to Northwestern.

Reactions: karaoke_jesus
Maybe he has Co-OC..Norcross as OC/Run Game coordinator and then a QB coach or WR coach as Pass Game Coordinator and he oversees?

Vandy offense was awful this year. Last year it wasn't great but pretty efficiant. Top 50 in the country...

Yeah I'm not too concerned about Vandy's struggles this year. I think losing OC Ludwig was the biggest problem for them. Norcross is a good OL coach.

The Run Game/Passing Game Coordinators is a lot more common now. Out of the "rumored" names I'd say Langsdorf is a possibility. A lot of years as an OC under Mike Riley. He was also Passing Game Coordinator at Fresno State this year I believe. Maybe not as exciting as Dunn but not a bad option.

Yeah I'm not too concerned about Vandy's struggles this year. I think losing OC Ludwig was the biggest problem for them. Norcross is a good OL coach.

The Run Game/Passing Game Coordinators is a lot more common now. Out of the "rumored" names I'd say Langsdorf is a possibility. A lot of years as an OC under Mike Riley. He was also Passing Game Coordinator at Fresno State this year I believe. Maybe not as exciting as Dunn but not a bad option.

Not a bad option in Langsdorf.

Definitely seeing more schools designate guys as run/pass game coordinators these days.

Someone stated that he’s coming in as a WR coach. We still dont know who are the OC or DC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT