ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Previews UNLV

rebneck

Rebel Legend
May 29, 2001
This fan site previews the Rebels @ Michigan. The focus is mostly on Odom and the changes he may bring, and rightly so. But they totally overlooked the offensive changes Coach Marion is bringing. I'm sure there will be a little "WTH...?" head scratching going on with M fans with some of the stuff we run, as there will be with most our opponents. Should be fun.

Maize n Brew

One publication I saw listed Michigan with the 3rd best defense in the country preseason. Marion and the O will be tested very early on!
The good thing is that they won't have a ton of video on us to prepare, as it's our 2nd game of the season. Unfortunately, we still have to figure out a way to keep them from scoring also, which is going to be very difficult.

This fan site previews the Rebels @ Michigan. The focus is mostly on Odom and the changes he may bring, and rightly so. But they totally overlooked the offensive changes Coach Marion is bringing. I'm sure there will be a little "WTH...?" head scratching going on with M fans with some of the stuff we run, as there will be with most our opponents. Should be fun.

Maize n Brew
I almost wish we had Michigan the first game of the season.
The good thing is that they won't have a ton of video on us to prepare, as it's our 2nd game of the season. Unfortunately, we still have to figure out a way to keep them from scoring also, which is going to be very difficult.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I'm going to Ann Arbor for this one, but with zero expectations. Hopefully we can cover the spread, which will be at least 5 touchdowns.

Hope I have is that our defense is better than last season and that Michigan probably will play it pretty vanilla as to not show anything on film to their future opponents. This might enable us to stay within 5 (or 6, or 7) touchdowns.

I am expecting we lose this game by 6-7 touchdowns. Michigan's third string is better than UNLV's first string. I am.just hoping we don't come out.of the game with too many injuries
Worse take I have read today, on any platform. Harbaugh is an idiot and likely will keep his starters in longer than most coaches but, even in the 2015 game, when our Rebels weren’t even worthy of a spread to be posted, we fought to the end. The game was a lot of fun to attend and I expect the same for this one. I’m not playing but I’ll guarantee that these Rebels will not lose by 6-7 touchdowns.

Need Doug to come out of this game unscathed and that will be enough of a victory.

In 2015 we lost 28-7. Even though that Michigan team only lost 3 games it was nowhere near as good as the team they are putting on the field this year. This year's team for Michigan is probably the best since the Llyod Carr' era. Maybe your right we only lose by 4-5 touchdowns because Michigan overlooks the game. If you think we are going too hang tight with a chance to win this game then you need to share whatever your smoking.

Reactions: RRebel
Jim Harbaugh teams typically play to the level of their competition in a manner of speaking. While I’d expect a fairly easy W for Michigan, I don’t expect them to get into the 50s. I’d guess it’ll somewhere around 38-13…of course that now means it’ll be 56-3

Jim Harbaugh teams typically play to the level of their competition in a manner of speaking. While I’d expect a fairly easy W for Michigan, I don’t expect them to get into the 50s. I’d guess it’ll somewhere around 38-13…of course that now means it’ll be 56-3
Last season, they put up 50+ in all three of their non conference games. Two of those were against MWC foes (CSU and Hawaii). They outscored all three opponents a combined 166-17.

Would love UNLV to hang around and make the 2nd half somewhat intriguing. But realistically Michigan will likely be up 4 scores midway through the 3rd. UNLV doesn’t even get the benefit of it potentially being a look ahead spot for Michigan (wouldn’t really matter if it was) because they play Bowling Green the following week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT