ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV needs to

UNLVWINS

Lottery Pick
May 14, 2005
UNLV needs to stop worrying about what jersey combinations or helmet to wear. Just go out and play some some damn football. Look at Wyoming. There coach only allows the basic home and road jerseys. There is nothing wrong with being old school this way. We are always putting out what jerseys and helmets we are wearing game week. Just go out and play some damn football already...

I appreciate the jersey combinations and them putting that information out. The jersey combos are more Vegas to me... I don't want to be Wyoming. That being said - I think a win last week makes the jersey combos look better. To your point - they need to play football and win (that's priority #1).., but you can't stop promoting your team in your own way.
I've always been a big fan of a Penn State look - clean.. no name, we are a team type of look that plays hard nose football. - That's fine for them... or any other simple team look, but we are Vegas... We still have to get to the winning part... and that changes a lot of perception.

Reactions: dcut03 and mvvsmith
... by the way I do like the combo for this week. I like the black helmet with the arched UNLV... it will look even better with a W attached to it.:)
DJJYo2RVwAA_rL3.jpg

... by the way I do like the combo for this week. I like the black helmet with the arched UNLV... it will look even better with a W attached to it.:)
DJJYo2RVwAA_rL3.jpg

This team needs a win so damn bad!! I wonder if they were allowed to keep the Rebel helmet with the old logo? I still can't believe someone got a $60K check for the new logo. From donations of all things...

There coach only allows the basic home and road jerseys.

You misspelled "School can only afford" ...

My guess: CTS has final say in the uni combo and their social media guy tweets it while equipment students prepare it. Let the equipment staff do unis while on the field staff do their thing - it's not causing any problems that I see to let them tweet their combos...

I *will* absolutely agree that the wins are more important, but if we got the kits, why not wear 'em?

Reactions: mvvsmith
This team needs a win so damn bad!! I wonder if they were allowed to keep the Rebel helmet with the old logo? I still can't believe someone got a $60K check for the new logo. From donations of all things...
I forgot about that short-term-use logo :( I really ope that thing, or any varient, never sees any of our major sports for equipment, field, or anything else...

My guess: CTS has final say in the uni combo and their social media guy tweets it while equipment students prepare it. Let the equipment staff do unis while on the field staff do their thing - it's not causing any problems that I see to let them tweet their combos...

I *will* absolutely agree that the wins are more important, but if we got the kits, why not wear 'em?

Yeah. They spent the money on them. But they really need to beat Idaho. I don't think we have won up there in 40 years. Since 1977?

Yeah. They spent the money on them. But they really need to beat Idaho. I don't think we have won up there in 40 years. Since 1977?
I thought I saw something that said we had only played at Idaho three times? So that wouldn't be overly surprising*.

*Haven't done my own research

Sad thing is that Idaho is considerably better than usual... so most fans probably won't see it as anything more than taking care of business. But a win is a win is a win just like a loss is a loss is a loss.

UNLV needs to stop worrying about what jersey combinations or helmet to wear. Just go out and play some some damn football. Look at Wyoming. There coach only allows the basic home and road jerseys. There is nothing wrong with being old school this way. We are always putting out what jerseys and helmets we are wearing game week. Just go out and play some damn football already...
Come on man. We had a tough loss, so you're grasping at things to be angry about. Jerseys!! Twitter!! Helmets!! Sweat bands!!

If you are on Twitter at all, you would see that almost EVERY school tweets out similar things leading up to game week. It's part of the college football business today.

I thought I saw something that said we had only played at Idaho three times? So that wouldn't be overly surprising*.

*Haven't done my own research

Sad thing is that Idaho is considerably better than usual... so most fans probably won't see it as anything more than taking care of business. But a win is a win is a win just like a loss is a loss is a loss.

That last time we went up there we got drilled. I actually saw UNLV beat Idaho at Sam Boyd. It was on a last second field. It was Sanford's first win at UNLV. That guy was to much. The best was his melt down after the Iowa State game. He refused to leave the field. Had the whole team out there acting horrible. He should have been fired that night...

Come on man. We had a tough loss, so you're grasping at things to be angry about. Jerseys!! Twitter!! Helmets!! Sweat bands!!

If you are on Twitter at all, you would see that almost EVERY school tweets out similar things leading up to game week. It's part of the college football business today.

You should see how pissed people are over on the MWC board. Even more so about the jerseys and stuff... I just hope they get a win tomorrow...

I think the Coach at Wyoming tossed all the new uniforms. They said that during one of their games last years. He wanted to send a message about being old school...

Dude, that's not saying much at all. We've only played them twice in Moscow. Lost in 2010, won in 1977.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT