ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV Exploring Options After USU Joins PAC

What a cluster. Why would the PAC 12 want Utah St over UNLV?

Must be about exit fees or something.
I think they wanted both of us. We turned them down thinking USU was staying in the MWC. Once USU accepted the Pac12 invite UNLV put the breaks on and said we only agreed to stay in the MWC if all 8 had agreed. So now we are exploring our options again. Hopefully the Pac12 will take us.

What a cluster****. AFA and UNLV make a commitment to stay and then USU bolts? PAC 6 getting a little desperate? **** all those schools except Fresno St.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I think they wanted both of us. We turned them down thinking USU was staying in the MWC. Once USU accepted the Pac12 invite UNLV put the breaks on and said we only agreed to stay in the MWC if all 8 had agreed. So now we are exploring our options again. Hopefully the Pac12 will take us.

Thank sweet 6lb 8oz baby Jesus we had that provision.

Are we done exploring options now. Can we just please call the Pac12 and work on getting us in. No wonder the donors are pissed off the way we handle things. Gives the BOR another reason to say they need to hold our hand because we make stupid decisions. Staying in the MWC was the worst thing we could do.

Are we done exploring options now. Can we just please call the Pac12 and work on getting us in. No wonder the donors are pissed off the way we handle things. Gives the BOR another reason to say they need to hold our hand because we make stupid decisions. Staying in the MWC was the worst thing we could do.

In a weird twist, could the AAC suddenly be in the mix?

Their was an article outlining that their commish might use Air Force and UNLV as a chip to help keep Memphis by bolstering the conference. Which is weird since it's two more mouths to feed...

In a weird twist, could the AAC suddenly be in the mix?

Their was an article outlining that their commish might use Air Force and UNLV as a chip to help keep Memphis by bolstering the conference. Which is weird since it's two more mouths to feed...
Well I'm guessing that it came out as we are exploring options is because the Pac12 turned us down when we went back this afternoon hat in hand and said we are sorry but can we get that invite again. We may be talking with the AAC. Either way staying in the MWC was the worst possible decision anyone could have made. Take the Pac12 if still available or call the AAC and see if they are still open for us.

Well I'm guessing that it came out as we are exploring options is because the Pac12 turned us down when we went back this afternoon hat in hand and said we are sorry but can we get that invite again. We may be talking with the AAC. Either way staying in the MWC was the worst possible decision anyone could have made. Take the Pac12 if still available or call the AAC and see if they are still open for us.

I think there was some merit (not a lot but some) in attempting to keep conference together..

UNLV was smart not to sign anything in blood with the MWC conference in case anybody else broke ranks.

USU broke.

PAC still needs an 8th if not 9th team to fill out football..

It's interesting that it's being reported that UNLV and AFA are in communication. What that means I don't know.

Package deal to AAC?

UNLV and AFA academy weighing worth of attempting to rebuild MWC with USU now gone?

If AFA changes course and joins AAC my hope is UNLV either follows or makes the jump to the PAC.

I cannot see any way and I don't care how much money it is, UNLV can think trying to rebuild the now 6 team MWC is a viable path forward.

I love how UNR isn't in any of this conversation. Screw 'em!

UNLV is clearly the top prize here. The facilities, the arenas, the market, and.. well... Vegas. It makes me wonder if UNLV is in the power position here and is being courted by more than one conference, waiting for the best offer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT