ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread UNLV at Hawaii

Very disappointing. Too bad the team reverted back to last year. Losing games they easily could/should have won (last 3 weeks fall in that category).

Reactions: RunninReb1989
that was one of the most uninspired performances I've seen in a long time. maybe it was inevitable the outcome for our head coach. he also looked defeated on the sideline. to me it seems like they played like they knew they were losing their head coach. I'm sure I'm reading it the wrong way but no way we should lose to Hawaii.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
Weren’t we talking extension just a month ago? Our savior. Have to lock him up before the Pac-12 locks him up.

Wish I was joking but that was the shortsighted attitude around here. Gotta consider the competition. Always.
Some were... I don't think anyone would have predicted this collapse.

This is absolute worst case scenario

Getting out coached by a first year coach making more than 50% less than you. But sadly UNLV won’t do anything. The AD is probably already sound asleep 2 hours ago.
Agreed, you have the feeling that the AD and president could care less that we stink at football. No vision and understanding of what successful athletics bring to a university. It’s been a broken record for the last 25 years since Harter.

After this season, dude is going to have a .200 or .233 winning percentage … oh, I know the argument will be “toss out the first 6, that’s COVID’s fault” … even without those, we are talking .250 or .290 winning percentage.

We’ve canned people for doing more than that.
Also now 0-10 (if I could even keep track) in one score games. This guy is committing highway robbery with this salary and “winning” culture talk. He couldn’t coach his way out of a paperbag. This loss is emblematic of his career here, a completely unacceptable failure.

Agreed, you have the feeling that the AD and president could care less that we stink at football. No vision and understanding of what successful athletics bring to a university. It’s been a broken record for the last 25 years since Harter.
They do know how to terminate a damn mascot. UNLV just take the paychecks and lay low.

Also now 0-10 (if I could even keep track) in one score games. This guy is committing highway robbery with this salary and “winning” culture talk. He couldn’t coach his way out of a paperbag. This loss is emblematic of his career here, a completely unacceptable failure.
Yeah, even smashing a very poor UNR squad doesn’t change the bottom line.

here’s the thing: I’ve watched every game. I have no clue what the identity of this team is. Are they a run first team? Pass first? A team with Brumfield, Robbins, and Ricky White should not lose 6 straight.
The identity of the team is a piss poor coach and a defense that makes 2 bad plays for every one good play. Break instead of bend.

I’ll give Caleb Herring a lot of credit. He is supposed to play nice and glass half full on the radio. But on the postgame his pride as an alumni and player kicked in. He laid it out and called it like it is...a completely unacceptable loss and a huge set back to program building. Didn’t really hold back and that’s the type of honesty needed right now.

Look at the Power rankings on the teams we played. Hawaii (129)is ranked at almost the bottom (131) and our wins against NM(125), Utah St (105), North Texas our best win (84). With losses to SDSU(88) SJSU (85) Fresno (73)AF (57)ND(17)Cal(76) . With Reno(124) . Even if we did beat Hawaii and we beat Reno we would average win ranking would be 113. That like grading on a curve with a D being the Top grade.

Not sure why everyone is suprised by this loss? I called it few weeks ago they are losing out, if you think Arroyo and this staff should be back because they were going 6 and 6 and bowl game, take blinders off, this team offensively peaked during N TX game, and defense sucks, Arroyo is marvelous one, team has no discipline and no heart to compete they quit against pulse.

AFA is 8 and 3 but 4 and 3 in ultra rough MWC just rough matchup for UNLV, because staff sucks that's why, Wyoming lost last night against boise, they were up in 4th, they have one of worst qbs, they win by running and defense, they have coach with less talent but understand there limitations and play to their strengths to compete, UNLV has Arroyo excuse of coach injuries what ever it is, losing is the culture with him, he can't coach especially being head coach.

Reno beats UNLV, they are horrible, but will win and UNLV will still bring Arroyo back because he won 4 games against dirt.

The eye test said MWC stinks, it's horrible conference and UNLV is just above UNM and that's it.

The Atheltic department has no clue what they are doing, what embarrassing loss.

It's sad, it's pitiful but this team smells, non coached non motivated team, 4 and 8 but it has more talent then previous years, but hey maybe Colorado will hire Arroyo, lol

My rant about staff is over, they will never win with this guy.

Red zone theme:
Cal, lose by not scoring in red zone late. Bad non pi call there
Sd st: 2 red zone interceptions
Fresno St: 5 field goals
Hawaii: 4 field goals and a 2 pt conversion miss. Only one offensive td vs team with weak defense

Point is in red zone they have been horrid. Switch that up and they are decent.

Reactions: ricovegas
Red zone theme:
Cal, lose by not scoring in red zone late. Bad non pi call there
Sd st: 2 red zone interceptions
Fresno St: 5 field goals
Hawaii: 4 field goals and a 2 pt conversion miss. Only one offensive td vs team with weak defense

Point is in red zone they have been horrid. Switch that up and they are decent.
Great call.

Football Twitter page blocking people for calling it like it is. Guy has cashed 750k per win produced. Will not support this team in anyway shape or form if this guy is brought back. Gotta love the we were outcompeted, which is uncharacteristic comment when he has a .200 winning percentage. Guy simply cannot take any responsibility on his shoulders. What a shitshow.

Great call.
Just like Marvelous one, what if with excuse, just stop this nonsense team stinks in horrid conference, why not give him 5 yr extension too boot.

Hawaii gets destroyed by basically everyone, UNLV excuse we kick FGs in red zone crap, when you suck, you stink, that's real issue. Not good enough

Many wanted Sanchez gone … I understood it … thought it was time … he performed similarly/better. He’s right around where Hauck was … Sanford was better ….

So other we’ve screwed up with all those guys in the past … which is entirely possible given how UNLV operates … or we are in the same waters.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Had a bad feeling about this game after the 1st possesion when we effortlessly go down the field and have 2nd and goal on the inch line and we still line up in the pistol and get hit for a 3 yard loss. Quaterback sneak and your up 7-0 and rolling with all the momentum. Right there you gave Hawaii all the confidence it needed to compete on senior night. And then we follow it up with a DB just completely falling down and allowing his man to catch a wide open TD on 3rd down. These guys weren't ready to win from the very beginning. Joke of a program.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
Robinson, Sanford, Hauck, Sanchez all did MORE with much less. Sanford beat Iowa St and won 5 games in a conference with TCU, Utah, and BYU and we talked about him like he was the biggest joke of all time. Arroyo is a complete failure and MUST go. Sorry for the ranting this morning but woke up in complete disbelief and im even more incensed after reading his ridiculous comments after the game.

Robinson, Sanford, Hauck, Sanchez all did MORE with much less. Sanford beat Iowa St and won 5 games in a conference with TCU, Utah, and BYU and we talked about him like he was the biggest joke of all time. Arroyo is a complete failure and MUST go. Sorry for the ranting this morning but woke up in complete disbelief and im even more incensed after reading his ridiculous comments after the game.
Rant away, speak your mind, positive or negative.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT