ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV at Ark St

I am gonna put that on the sound guy. They don’t have them eq’d very good and they should put a compressor on the mics to limit the volume to a certain level.

You may be right. Its second rate and totslly homerish. Which is all good for a stream, but if you want to represent ESPN, dont you think you should be a little more impartial? Every play the Ark St player is named.

You may be right. Its second rate and totslly homerish. Which is all good for a stream, but if you want to represent ESPN, dont you think you should be a little more impartial? Every play the Ark St player is named.
They aren’t ESPN guys. Probably picking up either the local radio or tv announcers

I know, but they are ESPN guys tonight. Tony Cordasco knows more about the other team for our team broadcasts.

Not a lot of research

9 different receivers have receptions for Arkansas so far. We don’t have even half that many completions and they are over playing us for the run.

Nice, now we have caught 5 of Rogers passes and they have caught 3. His leg is hurt so he can’t really run now so I think it might be time for a change?

Nice, now we have caught 5 of Rogers passes and they have caught 3. His leg is hurt so he can’t really run now so I think it might be time for a change?

Never! We sacrificed a chance for a bowl game to get him experience last year. Sanchez has to stick with him. Didn’t you hear, the locker room is finally united behind Rogers.

Never! We sacrificed a chance for a bowl game to get him experience last year. Sanchez has to stick with him. Didn’t you hear, the locker room is finally united behind Rogers.
Yeah, the receivers gotta be loving being in the offense right now. 5-21 for 23 yds and 3 interceptions. His completion % has to be under 40% now for the year.

I am still upset about that. Stanton had the team looking good and was 2-1 in his starts and then he got pulled and there went our chances.

Put 30lbs on Rogers and make him a big fast receiver. He is never going to the league as a QB

Reactions: willlevi
With Rogers struggling throwing the ball, they should have tried one of the more traditional passers on the last drive.
I guess its on to Mountain West play. For all the struggles, the game still came down to the last drive.
If Rogers can imitate Tommie Frazier, this can be a productive season.

One dimensional team. All Rodgers in there. Lexi was shut down tonight that is supposed to be our strong game.

With Rogers struggling throwing the ball, they should have tried one of the more traditional passers on the last drive.
I guess its on to Mountain West play. For all the struggles, the game still came down to the last drive.
Do you know why? Because of Armani Rogers. He may not the ideal QB in this game but he manage it well.

Is that what you call 3 interceptions? Managing the game well![/QUO
3 interceptions under rainy conditions, hostile evironment...lost to a team that is returning senior QB, play against Alabama...take whatever this ASU team give him and made the best of it. Yes, I call that managing the game well

One dimensional team. All Rodgers in there. Lexi was shut down tonight that is supposed to be our strong game.

A surprising stat I noticed the other day, Thomas has 4 career 100-yard rushing games versus the MWC.
IMO, the running game success is 75% dependent on the threat of Rogers. I don't think there is a quarterback on the roster that has the ability to offset Rogers offensive impact this season with their arm.
Better passers? Yes but I'm not sure this team is capable of passing to victory with a first year starter. The running game falls to average levels if Rogers doesn't play

A surprising stat I noticed the other day, Thomas has 4 career 100-yard rushing games versus the MWC.
IMO, the running game success is 75% dependent on the threat of Rogers. I don't think there is a quarterback on the roster that has the ability to offset Rogers offensive impact this season with their arm.
Better passers? Yes but I'm not sure this team is capable of passing to victory with a first year starter. The running game falls to average levels if Rogers doesn't play[/QUOTE
Exactly, Will. The next 3 years, this team will reside solely upon Rogers shoulder. He just need to make those short passes on a consistent basis. IF he does, I think he might be a NFL QB. We might be witnessing something great. He is keeping on looking to sideline for directions, though...I thought he would know it by now? That bother me....

Better passers? Yes but I'm not sure this team is capable of passing to victory with a first year starter. The running game falls to average levels if Rogers doesn't play
I watched a lot of spring ball last year and Gilliam is actually a pretty good runner and a much better passer than Rodgers,but none of them pass nearly as well as Oblad. Kid is electric.

Reactions: willlevi
I watched a lot of spring ball last year and Gilliam is actually a pretty good runner and a much better passer than Rodgers,but none of them pass nearly as well as Oblad. Kid is electric.
Not a rebuilding year, dude. This is a bowling year. Oblad is good and so is Magyard as a RB but they aint good enough yet.

If Rogers can imitate Tommie Frazier, this can be a productive season.
Funny you mention Frazier, came up a few times tonight.

Just to clarify. The announcers were Roger Twibell and Pete Cordelli. Two veteran broadcasters, Twibell was with ESPN years ago, but they are employed by AState for ESPN+ and ESPN3 games in Jonesboro because we have to do our own production. Next week we travel to Georgia Southern and their announcers are literally local radio guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT