ADVERTISEMENT

Under the Radar

emoody

Starter
Dec 11, 2006
I know he is my son, but kid played and had best games against kids that are 4/5* recruits. Also, extremely competitive conference. We have family in Henderson and oldest played football in New Mexico. Forgot to mention team was conference champ, regional runner-up. Son was 1st team All State WR and 1st Team DB. He was 2nd on his team in tackles (66), 2nd in receptions 558, 2nd on team in rushing 566 and 2nd in scoring 11 TDs. Very tough and elusive. Getting some interest from some Mountian West conference and PAC 12 schools among others that are finding out about him.

This post was edited on 1/9 10:26 PM by emoody

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2742092/justin-moody

He looks pretty athletic and has good instincts, whether he's running the ball or hawking it. He diagnosed some plays pretty quickly from his SS position. I was thinking safety might be his college position, but he's rather small for that. He's got some speed but he's not a burner. I bet they can get him into the 4.4's pretty easily with the proper training. What do you think, dad? Slot receiver in college? Size aside, the kid just looks like a football player.

You have pretty good assessment spudreb. I know his high school coach says he will make a great scat type back/slot receiver do to being very shifty or either the corner on defense. I agree about the speed, with some great coaching he can get down to sub 4.4's. Amazing part is the kid has non stop motor and goes all out every play. Has passion for the sport.

This post was edited on 1/10 8:01 AM by emoody

Looks like a good player you have there Mr. Moody....you should feel proud, regardless of where he ends up....those are huge numbers he's put up. Have you talked to the UNLV staff? Do you have HS coaches that have recruiting connections (or anybody for that matter?).

Thank you rebelx.Our HS staff into their 2nd year has limited connections but sure it will increase for them as school had best record in school history and went all the way to state semifinals. Will see what happens with the staff at UNLV as my son likes being part of building and with family there in Henderson. I recall when he chose the high school he did, they had losing record etc, people talked bad about the program (athletics/football). Son says, " I want to go to the school to make a difference and make history" And four years later with hard work,etc. His class did just that. So, he is looking for the same in a university.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT