ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino

WhiteMamba

UNLV Hall of Fame
Nov 28, 2012
This is what he said about his current team bc they’re losing. How can he not take some responsibility for his shit recruiting. I do like the straightforwardness though

“We are so unathletic that we can’t guard anybody without fouling. For me, I’ve always enjoyed the first year, and I’m not gonna lie to you; This is the most unenjoyable experience of my lifetime. This has been so disappointing,” said Pitino of St. John’s season,

“Look: Joel [Soriano] is slow laterally, he’s not fast on the court. Chris Ledlum is slow laterally, Sean Conway’s slow laterally. Brady [Dunlap] is physically weak, Drissa [Traore] is slow laterally,” said Pitino,

The 71-year-old went on to call his team’s defense “atrocious” and said that he’s preparing for another loss during the Red Storm’s next tilt, a matchup againstGeorgetown on Feb. 21.

This is what he said about his current team bc they’re losing. How can he not take some responsibility for his shit recruiting. I do like the straightforwardness though

“We are so unathletic that we can’t guard anybody without fouling. For me, I’ve always enjoyed the first year, and I’m not gonna lie to you; This is the most unenjoyable experience of my lifetime. This has been so disappointing,” said Pitino of St. John’s season,

“Look: Joel [Soriano] is slow laterally, he’s not fast on the court. Chris Ledlum is slow laterally, Sean Conway’s slow laterally. Brady [Dunlap] is physically weak, Drissa [Traore] is slow laterally,” said Pitino,

The 71-year-old went on to call his team’s defense “atrocious” and said that he’s preparing for another loss during the Red Storm’s next tilt, a matchup againstGeorgetown on Feb. 21.
He’s in control of personnel. Maybe he needs to look in the mirror. 🪞

He might be in control of the roster, but that doesnt mean those players arent underwhelming based on expectations and or maybe the St. Johns job wasnt exactly what it was sold to be...He wouldnt be the first coach to fail there, despite its location and affiliation, its been a mess of a program

He might be in control of the roster, but that doesnt mean those players arent underwhelming based on expectations and or maybe the St. Johns job wasnt exactly what it was sold to be...He wouldnt be the first coach to fail there, despite its location and affiliation, its been a mess of a program
Sounds familiar

Tonight he goes overboard saying how he fked up and shouldn’t have done it. Said he breaths for his players.

I would still hire him, he can say and hurt whoever he wants. Sign him up

• Haha
Reactions: bcvegaspt
I dont see Eras blending too well - The landscape has changed so much - Pitino is old school - UNLV needs to quit living in the past - We need to get with what works today -not dial back to the 80s

Pitino is first class jackass _ I met him 2x and both times he was a total stuck up jerk - No thank you - it would never happen anyways

I dont see Eras blending too well - The landscape has changed so much - Pitino is old school - UNLV needs to quit living in the past - We need to get with what works today -not dial back to the 80s

Pitino is first class jackass _ I met him 2x and both times he was a total stuck up jerk - No thank you - it would never happen anyways
I don’t care if he’s an ahole. Most people do though. We have a lot of seriously tender-hearted, kumbaya, don’t worry be happy, squishy soft, excuse making, our coach and team is the greatest ever fans out there. Nothing worse than apologists. Fair weathers are better than them, even though they suck, too. Even haters, they suck too, are better than the softy hiker-type apologists. It’s just a spineless and gutless view of life, no heart, no passion, just existing and smiling and drooling like a lobotomized goof.

He, will never be our head coach.
So, it's a moot point.
It is a moot point for sure.

But for the people that say “he shouldn’t be here, he’s a scumbag” … I agree there are lines, you’re not going to hire a Dave Bliss even if he could win high level …. Pitino’s level of being a scumbag wouldn’t be enough for me to say no. Same with Huggins and most of the rest. Remember, Tark was a scumbag, too. That was the perception.

It is a moot point for sure.

But for the people that say “he shouldn’t be here, he’s a scumbag” … I agree there are lines, you’re not going to hire a Dave Bliss even if he could win high level …. Pitino’s level of being a scumbag wouldn’t be enough for me to say no. Same with Huggins and most of the rest. Remember, Tark was a scumbag, too. That was the perception.
Robert Maxson from day one decided that Coach Tarkanian and Coach Hyde were bad people because of the type of players they recruited, and made it his goal to remove both of them from UNLV as soon as possible. Maxson removed Coach Hyde putting the blame on the type of recruits he brought to UNLV and there problems with the legal system (the players that got in trouble did steal from Union Premiums electronic store, and the coach suspended them immediately) without allowing any time for Coach Hyde to fix the problem. President Maxson came to UNLV late in 1984, and by April of 1985 had already fired Coach Hyde (the forfeit of games in 1984 was due to when 7 of the players took their GED which was when they were in JC instead of prior). It took almost 40 years for UNLV football to finally turn the corner. It took longer to remove Coach Tark, but he finally did that by 1991 through his complete support of the NCAA witch hunt. UNLV has mostly struggled in basketball for the past 30+ years.

How much better off would UNLV be now if those in charge at UNLV at the time had supported the coaches instead of throwing them under the bus? Most good coaches have skeletons in the closest, whether deserved or not. Personally in this land of money to play, nothing the coaches could do would come to the level of players selling their skills to the highest bidder!

I’m hijacking this thread, but what it going to take is Harper pulling the trigger and bringing a big timer in

Guess who is 2-0 and just beat Creighton since he threw them under the bus publicly... guess he still knows how to motivate and coach

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Guess who is 2-0 and just beat Creighton since he threw them under the bus publicly... guess he still knows how to motivate and coach
A typical Pitino week lol

Choke a game, rip your team to shreds, apologize publicly but rip into your team even more in private, and then come out and win 2 games in a row. You knew they werent losing when he came out in that cocaine suit.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT