ADVERTISEMENT

TV/streaming

dcut03

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
I was just looking at the schedule and I noticed that 3 home games, (and a few away games) do not have TV listed. I was wondering if anyone knew how the streaming would work this year. Does the new media contract affect this at all? I would hope all leftover games would still be streamed. Hopefully maybe better quality/reliability?

Bump- still no official word about a stream through unlvrebels.com for the first game. I sure hope its not gametracker only. That would suck! Talk about a fail with the new media contract.

I knew I saw this, but it took me a little bit to find it again:
http://www.unlvrebels.com/genrel/081817aaa.html

Looks like the first game will be streamed. I also thought I saw something about having an official streaming partner/app for football, but I can't seem to find where I saw that or who it is. I believe it was even separate from the MW... could be wrong.

Reactions: dcut03
I haven't looked at the home games (except that Howard is streamed and on Mountain West Network, and SJSU-SDSU-BYU are ESPN family), but I think road games are all televised in some way -

@ Idaho - ESPN3
@ Ohio State (not announced, but at the very least Big Ten Network?)
@ AFA, Fresno, and UNR - AT&T Sports RM (Formerly Root Sports)
@ UNM - ESPN2

I think only Hawaii currently has no TV announced. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on STADIUM or some SM platform.

And of course our initial appears in the MWC FB title game is televised but specifics TBA. :cool2:

Last edited:
I knew I saw this, but it took me a little bit to find it again:
http://www.unlvrebels.com/genrel/081817aaa.html

Looks like the first game will be streamed. I also thought I saw something about having an official streaming partner/app for football, but I can't seem to find where I saw that or who it is. I believe it was even separate from the MW... could be wrong.

Good find. It's funny, the UNLVREBELS website was updated since this morning. It now says that it's on the MWN.

However, still nothing for the Hawai'i game. I hope they figure something out for that.

I guess I'll miss those "Root" games. I'm one step below that sports package. I guess I'll need to find a place/way to watch those games.

I haven't looked at the home games (except that Howard is streamed and on Mountain West Network, and SJSU-SDSU-BYU are ESPN family), but I think road games are all televised in some way -

@ Idaho - ESPN3
@ Ohio State (not announced, but at the very least Big Ten Network?)
@ AFA, Fresno, and UNR - AT&T Sports RM (Formerly Root Sports)
@ UNM - ESPN2

I think only Hawaii currently has no TV announced. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on STADIUM or some SM platform.

And of course our initial appears in the MWC FB title game is televised but specifics TBA. :cool2:
If I had to guess, I'd bet the Ohio St game will be 9:00am our time on the Big Ten Network

However, still nothing for the Hawai'i game. I hope they figure something out for that.
Pretty surprised that that game is still broadcast-less, given that the two teams are picked second and third in conference. Hopefully somebody last-minutes it on TV. I guess it'll air on Oceanic regardless, right? Didn't they announce a stream for mainlanders?

Get a roku/fire stick/whatever and download the app. Then you don't have to worry about being on that tier.
I checked earlier this afternoon, there doesn't appear to be a Roku app for AT&T Sportsnet. I didn't check the Firestick, but there's also not a Google Play app, so I'm guessing there isn't one at all. I thought there was a Root Sports app, so it's a bit surprising that they wouldn't reskin their existing app. Hopefully they get it together...

I checked earlier this afternoon, there doesn't appear to be a Roku app for AT&T Sportsnet. I didn't check the Firestick, but there's also not a Google Play app, so I'm guessing there isn't one at all. I thought there was a Root Sports app, so it's a bit surprising that they wouldn't reskin their existing app. Hopefully they get it together...
There's no Root Sports app because AT&T bought it and want people to buy DIRECTV Now. That's probably the only legitimate way to stream it.

Wow. I totally forgot that AT&T owns Directv. Hmmm... guessing there's a way around with account access, but you're probably right. Without access to an account there is probably no legal way to pull it up. Bummer!

I've always had an appletv but I think I'll just get a firestick for our downstairs and plug it into my XBOX1 and run KODI through that. I imagine someone will be streaming the AT&T RM games via KODI and its plethora of apps.

An app called livestream is where I typically watched the games. If the games are no longer there then it looks like I'll be reading about the games I miss after the fact.
I forgot about livestream! I used that most of last year for football and basketball. Good call!

Otherwise I'll resort to firestick and hope I have can find a decent stream!

Reactions: bcvegaspt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT