ADVERTISEMENT

Tre Bryant - removed UNLV from list!

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
This is a big time player that was on his visit to Syracuse yesterday and will visit UNLV on Friday! He is a 5'10" RB who is a big time 3* player who has narrowed his school list down to the following offers:

Indiana, Kansas, Kansas St. Missouri, Northwestern, Syracuse, and UNLV. UNLV is the only western program and has a chance to pick up a very high level 3* player that could be a huge catch for the program.

I hope coach Sanchez can show some big time magic and bring him on board as part of the new era of Rebel Football.

Tre Bryant ‏@TreBryant_8 8h8 hours ago

UNLV visit tomorrow morning!
26aa.png
1f534.png
#Rebels

Reactions: jmcnamaraiii
I saw this yesterday in Twitter. I think it's a get-to-go-to-Vegas-free trip. But who cares, these types of trips may work in our favor by swaying some higher star kids who may not have ever considered UNLV. I am generally more optimistic with recruits but I just don't buy this kids interest (unless he has unknown ties or connection to staff). Does anyone know who's recruiting him or what connection he has to staff?

Last edited:
He is from the Midwest so it does seem an odd fit. Almost all of his offers are Big 10 or Big 12. I have to imagine there is some connection to the staff, possibly Garrison or Cotton?

He cut his list of schools about 3 months ago down from about 12-15 that had offers to the top 7 he is interested in attending. I am not sure why he has done it, but with him on campus, the UNLV coaching staff has the chance to sell him on the program. From what I have seen, the coach staff has a very good track record when they get the recruits on campus. It will take a couple of year but things will change from surprised they even consider UNLV to being surprised if they go to any other program in the MWC.

We have already seen a 4* player who is transferring to UNLV from Alabama when he had numerous other program who were interested in him. In fact I do believe he is already enrolled at UNLV. I think UNLV could become a big time second chance program for players who are not getting enough playing time at major programs but have the talent to be starting at most schools.

He cut his list of schools about 3 months ago down from about 12-15 that had offers to the top 7 he is interested in attending. I am not sure why he has done it, but with him on campus, the UNLV coaching staff has the chance to sell him on the program. From what I have seen, the coach staff has a very good track record when they get the recruits on campus. It will take a couple of year but things will change from surprised they even consider UNLV to being surprised if they go to any other program in the MWC.

We have already seen a 4* player who is transferring to UNLV from Alabama when he had numerous other program who were interested in him. In fact I do believe he is already enrolled at UNLV. I think UNLV could become a big time second chance program for players who are not getting enough playing time at major programs but have the talent to be starting at most schools.

Tre Bryant definitely would be a nice addition for next season.
Tenpenny ran into a few maturity issues at Alabama. I hope he cleans it up and put things together off the field while sitting out this season. That going to be the big thing for him, they need him to be a role model and not lead the young guys the wrong direction.

I have been following him for over a year, and as far as I know he had only one issue and that was being caught using marijuana a little over a year ago (in most states that is not even illegal any more, and was only a citation similar to a traffic ticket). The only other issues he had was that he couldn't break into the starting rotation even while averaging about 7 yards per carry. Even as a 4* player it is tough to get playing time when you are behind two 5* players. He is leaving Alabama for the simple fact that he was a star out of high school and doesn't want to only play during mop up time.

E Wright had some issues, too (a major one from what I remember but won't reiterate since it's over and done with) but he stayed clean his lone season here and got into the league.
Hopefully, as others have said, he learns from the past.

I am wondering if Tre Bryant is still even visiting UNLV since his twitter message has been removed regarding the visit and he just received a new offer from Minnesota. I won't put much time into it and just see what happens and if he does visit Saturday (last thing I read now listed it on Saturday).

I kinda had that feeling after he pulled his twitter about visiting UNLV and then changed from Friday to Saturday and really said very little after the visit beyond just good visit.

I would rather try and not get a lot of the better players than not try and all. Even if we get 1 in 20 of the higher level players, this will still be far better than what coach Hauck ever did. In fact, Sanchez has already picked up more 3* and 4* players through recruiting and transferring in 1 year than Hauck was able to recruit in the last 3 plus years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT