ADVERTISEMENT

Huge Recruiting weekend ahead!

lobbybuu

Retired Number
Dec 29, 2022
This will be the most important recruiting weekend for UNLV football in awhile. The OV list:

Juco Commit WR Karim McCune
3-Star DL Chad Otutu
3-Star OL Hank Purvis
3-Star WR Kayden McGee
4-Star S Mykel Patterson-McDonald
3-Star RB Devin Green / #1216 Overall

We are in the Top 2 for one of them with a decision coming very soon after the visit, Top 3 for another, and one of them is basically committed as of two weeks ago. Thats what I've been hearing about this group.

3-Star Max Mogelson has committed! This was the player that I alluded to yesterday on Twitter that was taking an unofficial.

Good pickup by the staff. Strong start to a huge recruiting week.

This will not be the last commitment. There is a silent one as of now too.

It doesn't seem that long ago when we had @ 10 recruits before the deadline and then we got kids who didn't get their 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice. Times are changing.
A nice combination of sparkling new facilities and coaches with their 💩 together.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
This staff is like the Dave Rice of UNLV Football. Not that we are getting 5-stars but some of these players were previously out of our grasp.
That’s a good comparison BUT I hope the result is different. Rice knew nothing about being in that first chair and could not consistently win; even with 5 star players. Odom has the leadership experience and I’m hoping that he can put these great pieces together to form a winning team and perennial champions

That’s a good comparison BUT I hope the result is different. Rice knew nothing about being in that first chair and could not consistently win; even with 5 star players. Odom has the leadership experience and I’m hoping that he can put these great pieces together to form a winning team and perennial champions
This coming season will tell us a lot!

Reactions: 1rebelfan1
NEXT season will tell us a lot. Year 1 doesn't count.
damn-you-animated-gif.gif

No no no. We are definitely not going there. EVERY season counts including this first one. Odom has had an entire recruiting season, spring ball and he’ll have fall ball. Maybe he won’t have everything in place, like all his guys and an entire playbook, but he has a foundation of a 5 win game, a conference schedule which everyone seems to think is favorable and his team of coaches. This season most definitely counts and I expect a great, bowl eligible producing season. Let’s Go Rebels!

Times have changed with NIL, early signing day, transfer portal, etc. that you are expected to win in year 1. Coaches aren’t getting 3-4 years to rebuild anymore. College sports have changed so much the past few years and it’s hard to get used to for a 33 y/o traditionalist like myself.

We have received two commitments.

For privacy sake, I can’t reveal their names. Also, because I don’t know, I can’t reveal their names.

Our OC tweeted out Sac Town. Maybe this isn’t football-related and we are in the process of taking the Kings. We’ve been on a tear with grabbing every Bay Area professional team lately so this would make sense.

Thoughts? (Not on the A’s because we, the taxpayers, will be getting shafted in that deal). I mean your other thoughts.

We have received two commitments.

For privacy sake, I can’t reveal their names. Also, because I don’t know, I can’t reveal their names.

Our OC tweeted out Sac Town. Maybe this isn’t football-related and we are in the process of taking the Kings. We’ve been on a tear with grabbing every Bay Area professional team lately so this would make sense.

Thoughts? (Not on the A’s because we, the taxpayers, will be getting shafted in that deal). I mean your other thoughts.
You're hilarious lol "I can't reveal their names" because you don't know 😂

Announcements coming soon!

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Mykel Patterson-McDonald had a great visit and has a good relationship with the staff which is a main reason he ended up taking the visit. Having said all of that, he was just keeping his word to the coaches and will ultimately end up at OU. He’s best friends with 5 star DT David Stone and both have been a major priority for OU. Very excited about Odom and his connections to that region as there are a ton of underrated players. I am encouraged to see the directions things are going so far under the new staff. Fall camp is just around the corner.

Mykel Patterson-McDonald had a great visit and has a good relationship with the staff which is a main reason he ended up taking the visit. Having said all of that, he was just keeping his word to the coaches and will ultimately end up at OU. He’s best friends with 5 star DT David Stone and both have been a major priority for OU. Very excited about Odom and his connections to that region as there are a ton of underrated players. I am encouraged to see the directions things are going so far under the new staff. Fall camp is just around the corner.
@Vegas_Sooner21 You hit it right on the head with everything you just said. With that being said, can you DM me, either on here or on Twitter? @rebelwayornoway

I dont know how to send a private message on here so please forgive me lol

It would have been great to sign him. But the fact that he took a visit to Vegas is a good thing. The social media post from a 4 star recruit can open some eyes. Also I am sure we are also building sold relationships with good high school programs.

@bcvegaspt @LVRebel2000 Can you guys help us out?

Hey lobby. Go to the "conversations" area up top. Looks like a square speech bubble. You can have private talk there
Other way to do it is over over the persons name on the left, then click on the "start conversation" button. Or click on the person's name, then hit the start conversation button. Both work the same, but the 1st option is if you're on a computer.

Reactions: Vegas_Sooner21
Other way to do it is over over the persons name on the left, then click on the "start conversation" button. Or click on the person's name, then hit the start conversation button. Both work the same, but the 1st option is if you're on a computer.
I was on my phone and couldn’t get it to work but when I switched to my PC I had no issues. Thank you.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT